Notices

Thread: Mud truck build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2017, 01:44 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Mud truck build

Quote:
Originally Posted by strap624 View Post
I picked up a complete chassis with links, the tranny, axles, reciever box, body, and the sway bar for $200 on ebay a couple weeks back. Your gonna get nickled and dimed on all the other stuff to put it together. Find a complete roller minus the tires/wheels. The guy was asking $260 but I offered $200 and he accepted.

Just to buy that frame and axles you are gonna be over $180.
Not sure it will be that high, I mean knowing myself it will fly over $1000 in the end, just wanting to use a unique chassis to get the build off the ground. If it doesnt work out I can always trade or sell the SMT chassis for something else.
MattySlimz1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2017, 08:56 PM   #22

This is a much better deal than just a chassis. It comes with axles which are usually $100 by themselves.

New Axial SMT10 Max D 1/10 Monster truck roller chassis w/ interior & acc | eBay
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:35 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
This is a much better deal than just a chassis. It comes with axles which are usually $100 by themselves.

New Axial SMT10 Max D 1/10 Monster truck roller chassis w/ interior & acc | eBay
That's about what I bought for my future SMT10 Grave Digger build. I found the green SMT10 chassis + axles for about the same price.
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:30 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

I was intrigued by the current $50 price reduction (Tower Hobbies sale) on the SMT10 Max-D, and was really thinking about buying, because I haven't gotten around to building my Grave Digger, but then I did some more thinking...

Back over the summer, I picked up a used AX10 Deadbolt chassis (with AR60 axles, but no tranny, wheels, or electronics) with the purpose of making it into a Ridgecrest. I painted up a clear Ridgecrest body in a nice Translucent Purple, but it turned out to be a poor color match to some of the orange aluminum parts I procured for the build. However, it looked great when I mocked it up on the green SMT10 GD chassis, so I might use it on that, and save the Axial GD body.

While deliberating over getting the RTR Max-D, I saw my AX10 chassis setting on my bench and asked myself, "Why not just get a black Max-D chassis, and use the AR60 axles and other associated parts from my planned AX10 rebuild, in order to make a 2.2 Mega truck, since that's what I had planned to do with the Max-D, after all?" All I would have done was sell off the ugly Max-D body, wheels, and electronics, anyways. Plus, from my perspective, it seems like most guys eventually ditched their AX10 Deadbolts to make them into Monster/Mega trucks.

Another revelation I had, as a result of this thought process, is that it was nearly identical to what I went through while deliberating over the AX10 Deadbolt, because I had started to pick out all the parts I would not want, and would have to sell off, in order to recoup the costs of buying the RTR, when all I wanted was the chassis, body, axles, etc. Crazy.

Last edited by johnnyluv; 11-13-2017 at 02:36 PM.
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote

Mud truck build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX Mud Truck Monster Build JJRCBuilder Mega/Monster Trucks 8 01-31-2017 05:24 AM
chevy mud truck build hotrodsonoma 1.9 Scale Rigs 14 02-11-2014 12:40 AM
Mud truck build greengoblin Axial SCX-10 16 12-08-2013 10:20 PM
Mud truck build, how? Jamus Chit Chat 1 10-17-2006 06:30 AM