Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Mega/Monster Trucks

Notices

Thread: c0bra's "Third Times the Charm" 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2017, 02:31 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default c0bra's "Third Times the Charm" 2.0

With the smt10 coming out wile I was in the middle of building the original, I quickly lost interest in running the ax10 deadbolt chassis. Then when axial came out with the max d, witch it's black chassis from the factory, I knew I had to get one!

After a few weeks of searching Feebay for a max d chassis, I finally found one and pulled the trigger!

This thing will be pieced together the rest of the way from the ground up, putting upgrades in were needed, and others not so needed. Basic plans are built ssd diamond axles front and rear, vp links and t/a, vp trans case with ssd gears and more than enough power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2017, 10:11 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: c0bra's "Third Times the Charm" 2.0

First round of parts orders are placed.

Supershafty: top shaft, motor mount, idler shaft, and dlux knuckle bushings

Amain: vp scx10 trans case, vp incision transmission outputs, ssd hd trans gears

Also fast eddy bearing kit

Old 05-08-2017, 09:34 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Ssd axles should be in today.

I did get the transmission put together. I did have major clearance issues with the vp outdrives and ssd bottom gear. The problem is the ssd gear has a ridge on the inside of the gear that pushes out the outdrive too far. To fix the problem i just swapped the bottom gear with a Robinson racing one that was in another transmission and now all is well.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:49 PM   #4

Sounds like it will be strong from the ground up..what sort of powerplant?
Trembley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:02 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I have no idea yet. I'm thinking tekin pro4 hd

Old 07-07-2017, 07:32 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Update coming soon!

Just placed an order for trailing arms, upper links, servo mount, knuckles and c hubs! If I can find a set of shocks for this thing I should be able to get this thing to be a roller soon

Old 07-07-2017, 08:02 AM   #7

You can find the take-off shocks on eBay for cheap. I'd recommend you go better though because these shocks will see abuse. I bought a set of used ProLine big bores for mine as well as a set of Axial Bomber kit (all aluminum) shocks. I haven't installed either yet. Not sure which way I'm going to go.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:28 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
You can find the take-off shocks on eBay for cheap. I'd recommend you go better though because these shocks will see abuse. I bought a set of used ProLine big bores for mine as well as a set of Axial Bomber kit (all aluminum) shocks. I haven't installed either yet. Not sure which way I'm going to go.

I'll check feebay then. I have rear team associated v2 big bore shocks that I can use, I'm just not sure how much clearance it's going to have with them. I'll try and grab one after work to see how it will look with a cheap Chinese trailing arm that's sitting around

Old 07-10-2017, 08:47 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Here is the update as promised!

She's finally starting to look like an smt10!!

For suspension links it's running ssd trailing arms and upper links

The axles are were the more beef is. The rear axle is a ssd centered diamond axle case, axial hd ud gears with stock locker and diff cup for now and normal ssd axle shafts, the hd upgrade wasn't available when I ordered the axles. It's also running boom racing link mounts.

The front is another ssd diamond axle with the 4 link mount, with ssd c hubs and knuckles running the supershafty knuckle bushings, ssd steering links (need lowered due to wheel rub) with protec servo horn and a savox 1230 servo. Also running hd ud gears with the stock diff cup but has yeti diff gears in it with grease. Axle shafts are stock due to all of the cvd options lately being out of stock.

It's also running smt10 mip shafts and proline 17.5mm offset brawler wheels and destroyer tires.

Only thing left to have a complete roller is shocks and sway bars, then still have to decide on motor and esc. Also the body I'm not entirely sure, though I am wanting a single cab truck body

c0bra's "Third Times the Charm" 2.0 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Third Times a Charm" c0bra Mega/Monster Trucks 7 08-07-2016 03:51 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gYr-dbPEOnE" frameborde boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-01-2013 09:39 AM
3rd times a charm? Goldmembers Hilux SCX-10 Build goldmember Axial SCX-10 16 10-14-2012 03:55 PM