Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Mega/Monster Trucks

Notices

Thread: MSTs new MTX-1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2018, 10:42 AM   #21

Default Re: MSTs new MTX-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawnmt View Post
For me it's a strong reason I like the truck. This is the size truck Axial should have built because their axles don't hold up to size that the SMT-10s are. A big plus is that all the new MT bodies that JConcepts is putting out are the short wheelbase 10.5-11" wheelbase that this truck is.
but I want the body for a crawler dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2018, 07:00 PM   #22

i ́ve got mine since last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izEpl_iMgQk
Smiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 05:31 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

I wonder how these trucks would look/drive with Clod-sized tires. Has anyone tried that out?
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:13 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooOldForThis View Post
I wonder how these trucks would look/drive with Clod-sized tires. Has anyone tried that out?
Probably a lot like they look on a Clod. These trucks are the same wheelbase, or damn close.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:09 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooOldForThis View Post
I doubt the drivetrain would hold up to Clod sized tires, I'm already worried about how they'll hold up to the stock tires and brushless power in the long term. The diffs look very similar to Tamiya TLT diffs in design and size.
hawnmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:41 PM   #26
RCC Addict

I don’t think I’d want any larger of a tire on it with that short of a wheelbase and it’s already got a large steering scrub radius. The stock tires just barely miss the bottom straight links too at full lock. Finally yesterday I broke the first part- a front lower link. In its defense it’s taken several hundred jumps and I landed nose down pretty hard. Still doing great. I think it’s simple enough to go ahead and make myself a set of lower links with traxxas ends and all thread w brake line sheathing. I’ll let you know the lower links are actually hollow so I snipped an old Allen wrench down and forced it inside w shoe goo to keep it in place. I’m home only every couple weeks so it’s working as a bandaid. I think it’d also benefit from some kind of oil or light putty in the diffs to aid in recovery when bicycling and help the rear to break loose instead of diffing sometimes. Very happy w my truck still.
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 03:01 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
but I want the body for a crawler dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MST Pick-up body (clear)
Smiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:52 PM   #28

I run Renegades on mine using 19 mm Junfac wheel wideners. On full throw it just clears the links but if you use force it could snag. But I just don't care for monster trucks with small tires so for me it's worth it. As for durability, I can only speak from own experience. It's had a few jumps and tumbles and the only part I've broken so far is a body post. And that's ok. The MTX really is my favorite truck right now.

BadApples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:34 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

^^^ thanks for posting some pics. That looks really good.
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:54 AM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Did this truck get discontinued? Stock is falling everywhere, most places sold out (with the exception of ebay). I'd hate to see it go, but this makes me wonder if something new is coming?
TIME MACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 12:08 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE View Post
Did this truck get discontinued? Stock is falling everywhere, most places sold out (with the exception of ebay). I'd hate to see it go, but this makes me wonder if something new is coming?
https://bit.ly/2P6WDF5
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 03:36 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE View Post

I know I saw they’re coming out with a scaler. I would bet it has these axles too. I’m still running my truck on the regular!
Old 11-28-2018, 04:56 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinMike View Post
I know I saw they’re coming out with a scaler. I would bet it has these axles too. I’m still running my truck on the regular!
I think the MTX-1 axles are based on the CMX and CFX axles.

They're releasing another CFX-W (with portal axles) with a Jeep body this time. I already have an extra CFX-W kit and just want the body, but it was stated that they won't release the body as a standalone at first.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 05:49 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinMike View Post
Bought two of these last week and they’ve been actually a great truck. Well I bought one and my cohort in RC got the other but we got them at the same time. Brushless 3000kv and a savox servo rtr can’t beat that. We’ve only been running on 2s but after a couple hours solid jumping and hard accelerating there’s been no failures yet. The look is really scale too. It stayed planted pretty well for what it is too because the motor is low in the chassis keeping weight fairly low. I’ll upload a couple videos to YouTube so I can share them here. Yesterday I tilled the whole track so now it’ll be more scale softer actual dirt.

Roughly what kind of speeds do you get out of your mtx running on 2s lipo?
Reynolds0808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 12:12 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Good looking truck. Even better with the Bigfoot body.

It looks like the suspension needs a lot of sorting, but overall a fun truck.

I'm also interested in how it's holding up.

I wish it was offered in a kit.
You're in luck!!...Kit versions have just been released. One with a painted C10 body and one with the very cool TH1 clear body! Just ordered 3 of them from ATees for a total of $610 shipped! $180 a piece plus a $25 store credit.
MAGNUMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 10:15 AM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGNUMB View Post
You're in luck!!...Kit versions have just been released. One with a painted C10 body and one with the very cool TH1 clear body! Just ordered 3 of them from ATees for a total of $610 shipped! $180 a piece plus a $25 store credit.

I might just have to grab one up. Mines still bumbling along strong!
Old 12-11-2020, 07:26 PM   #37
Pebble Pounder

I bought two for me and my son last year, they were supposed to be the brushless ones but we received the brushed motor versions. Called and gotb50 bucks credited to my card....so far only failure is a broken front steering link on my sons truck. On the trucks defense he was jumping off our deck and onto the yard, so five steps and about six feet away LOL
SuperDutyScaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 04:28 PM   #38
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadApples View Post
I run Renegades on mine using 19 mm Junfac wheel wideners. On full throw it just clears the links but if you use force it could snag. But I just don't care for monster trucks with small tires so for me it's worth it. As for durability, I can only speak from own experience. It's had a few jumps and tumbles and the only part I've broken so far is a body post. And that's ok. The MTX really is my favorite truck right now.

Been thinking of getting this truck and great to see it is an incredible one! Will order two for me and my son. I'll just finish installing the suspension and black rhino truck wheels on the Silverado this week and we'll start working on them.
dCowler is offline   Reply With Quote