Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Mega/Monster Trucks
Loading

Notices

Thread: MSTs new MTX-1

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2017, 07:54 AM   #1
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jacksonville Illinois
Posts: 1,042
Default MSTs new MTX-1

Bought two of these last week and theyíve been actually a great truck. Well I bought one and my cohort in RC got the other but we got them at the same time. Brushless 3000kv and a savox servo rtr canít beat that. Weíve only been running on 2s but after a couple hours solid jumping and hard accelerating thereís been no failures yet. The look is really scale too. It stayed planted pretty well for what it is too because the motor is low in the chassis keeping weight fairly low. Iíll upload a couple videos to YouTube so I can share them here. Yesterday I tilled the whole track so now itíll be more scale softer actual dirt.


CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2017, 08:01 AM   #2
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Akron
Posts: 24
Default Re: MSTs new MTX-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinMike View Post
Bought two of these last week and theyíve been actually a great truck. Well I bought one and my cohort in RC got the other but we got them at the same time. Brushless 3000kv and a savox servo rtr canít beat that. Weíve only been running on 2s but after a couple hours solid jumping and hard accelerating thereís been no failures yet. The look is really scale too. It stayed planted pretty well for what it is too because the motor is low in the chassis keeping weight fairly low. Iíll upload a couple videos to YouTube so I can share them here. Yesterday I tilled the whole track so now itíll be more scale softer actual dirt.




Are those Traxxas?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
diasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 08:01 AM   #3
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jacksonville Illinois
Posts: 1,042
Default Re: MSTs new MTX-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by diasan View Post
Are those Traxxas?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


No I have a traxxas body on mine though. The brand is MST.
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 08:05 AM   #4
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jacksonville Illinois
Posts: 1,042
Default Re: MSTs new MTX-1

Couple clips. The stock body is really thin lexan but my friends is in surprisingly good shape for as many rollovers itís taken.
https://youtu.be/EJWlrymt3RU
https://youtu.be/kEvxLbrdKuo
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 09:23 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 3,114
Default Re: MSTs new MTX-1

That's awesome! I've been looking really hard at this one. That Traxxas Bigfoot body is a perfect fit for the MTX1? Wheelbase the same?
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 11:48 AM   #6
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jacksonville Illinois
Posts: 1,042
Default Re: MSTs new MTX-1

It was a direct wheelbase fit. Just did the new body holes and rock. I was pretty happy about that.
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 06:45 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Moncton
Posts: 260
Default Re: MSTs new MTX-1

i'm a big fan of the MST stuff.
alexleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 12:16 PM   #8
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 709
Default Re: MSTs new MTX-1

Any updates as far as durability? Are they holding up? I'm thinking of picking up one of these after the holidays but I'm worried about durability and parts availability.
hawnmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 12:59 PM   #9
Moderator
 
JatoTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 13,450
Default Re: MSTs new MTX-1

Good looking truck. Even better with the Bigfoot body.

It looks like the suspension needs a lot of sorting, but overall a fun truck.

I'm also interested in how it's holding up.

I wish it was offered in a kit.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 02:44 PM   #10
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Posts: 1,518
Default Re: MSTs new MTX-1

I wish I could find more info on the body! I've been looking for a square body Chevy (the really square ones, '81-'91) that was bigger than a Clodbuster, and smaller than an Ascender K5... is this the one?
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 03:03 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 3,114
Default Re: MSTs new MTX-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
I wish I could find more info on the body! I've been looking for a square body Chevy (the really square ones, '81-'91) that was bigger than a Clodbuster, and smaller than an Ascender K5... is this the one?
This body came with the Traxxas Bigfoot Classic Stampede.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 03:28 PM   #12
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Posts: 1,518
Default Re: MSTs new MTX-1

I meant the Chevy body that comes as standard on the MTX-1, not the Ford/Bigfoot Stampede body. I haven't dug too deep yet, but I haven't found the body sold separately.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 04:29 PM   #13
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jacksonville Illinois
Posts: 1,042
Default Re: MSTs new MTX-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawnmt View Post
Any updates as far as durability? Are they holding up? I'm thinking of picking up one of these after the holidays but I'm worried about durability and parts availability.


So far no breakages and Iíve used it as intended. Dirt and grass, a little gravel with some jumps like you see in the videos. Maybe 6 packs of a 4800mah 2s ran since Iíve gotten it total. I donít get much opportunity with the job I work. Iím a ďresponsibleĒ driver, I try to keep it realistic, I think I mean so no massive ramps or senseless abuse. I canít believe itís all together still. I did order and put on the front sway bar. Same as the back and itís helped as it should.

As for the body- not sold separate that Iím aware of either. I had to buy the whole darn traxxas model then I sold the rest sans body. Costly but I got the body for a whole lot less than scalpers sell it for solo.
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 06:09 PM   #14
Moderator
 
JatoTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 13,450
Default Re: MSTs new MTX-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
I meant the Chevy body that comes as standard on the MTX-1, not the Ford/Bigfoot Stampede body. I haven't dug too deep yet, but I haven't found the body sold separately.
It's an MST exclusive. I haven't seen them for sale yet.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 12:05 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tacoma
Posts: 186
Default Re: MSTs new MTX-1

From the research I've been able to do tell me the body is real close in size to the Clodbuster body. MST has a C10 trail truck coming out with a wheelbase and width that is very close to the Clod body dimensions.
SPLATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:43 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Palm Harbor
Posts: 421
Default Re: MSTs new MTX-1

how does that big foot body fit that chassis? did you have to make new holes?
bretkissick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 12:46 AM   #17
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jacksonville Illinois
Posts: 1,042
Default Re: MSTs new MTX-1

It fits the wheelbase right on and yes I had to make new holes.
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:41 AM   #18
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: St Martinville
Posts: 144
Default Re: MSTs new MTX-1

Man I love this truck, I was trying to see if I can tune the diffs a bit but donít donít think it will be capable and found very little grease in the axles, just a heads up


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:11 AM   #19
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Readsboro, VT
Posts: 1,916
Default Re: MSTs new MTX-1

I love everything about this truck except the size. I LOVE the GM Squarebody shell, but I don't like the Clod/Stampede body size. I wanted that body in a "normal" 12.5" wheelbase that the Axials use.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 01:33 PM   #20
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 709
Default Re: MSTs new MTX-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
I love everything about this truck except the size. I LOVE the GM Squarebody shell, but I don't like the Clod/Stampede body size. I wanted that body in a "normal" 12.5" wheelbase that the Axials use.
For me it's a strong reason I like the truck. This is the size truck Axial should have built because their axles don't hold up to size that the SMT-10s are. A big plus is that all the new MT bodies that JConcepts is putting out are the short wheelbase 10.5-11" wheelbase that this truck is.
hawnmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com