Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Mega/Monster Trucks

Notices

Thread: Shinchu possibly building MONSTERS???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2018, 10:46 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Shinchu possibly building MONSTERS???

blame it on my ADD, and don't expect anything soon, but...

i think i'm going to build at least 1 MONSTER TRUCK!

you can also blame monster jam. its been a tradition every year since my 9 year old son was 2, and now the whole fam goes. and i used to go when it was run by hot rod association at Anaheim stadium.
Bigfoot was, is, and always will be my favorite ever. each year i go, i hope they might surprise us with his return to the regular circuit. alas, that time may never come for reasons too lengthy for this already lengthy first post.

SO... as you may know, i have twin 9 year olds. my son, who loves cars as much as i do if not more, is hooked on RC and has a barrage of his own, and we are working on drifters for some father/son tandem action.
what about his 5 minute younger sis? well it recently occurred to me, she loves monster jam, why not build her a monster truck RC?!
she is on that autism spectrum, i would say somewhere in the middle. she has a speech delay, but its improving every day. she is brilliant, funny, loves Disney princess movies, and just life in general.
this past weekend after monster jam, i let her drive one of her brother's old $20 grave digger trucks. i gave her a 10 second tutorial on how to work the controls, and she LOVED IT!

so i need to get her a better monster truck.
for her, more of a basher is ok, and i cant think of anything better than a traxxas. i would LOVE to eventually put a monster mutt Dalmatian body on it, but then i'd have to get her the MAX D truck for the black cage.
i think i have seen Dalmatian bodies on trigger king or somewhere... need to see where those came from.
why dalmation? well, just google Candice Jolly and that's why. she is a great driver, and a GREAT positive role models for girls, AND she owns/operates a horse therapy for kiddos like mine. Tina has been to horse therapy for a few rides and its really great.
she also absolutely KILLED IT in san diego at monster jam!
so yeah, i need to build my girl a Dalmatian truck!!!

what else then?
well, i love the original, the king of monster trucks.
i need at least 1 bigfoot build.
2 possibilities, so i might have to do both eventually...

old school, ladder frame, leaf spring, minimum travel 79 ford.
OR
modern, tube chassis/cage, 4 link coilover, more capable "retro"... 79 ford!

either way I'm going to get as scale as possible. I've already been stalking threads on RCMT.net and some other neat stuff on SBG.
no matter what, I'm using the 79 ford Jconcpets body (yup, again lol) just not sure what axles to use for either modern or old school.
****OH! and 4 WHEEL STEERING IS A MUST!
also not sure when i can start. just know i want to build these!

Tina's (and Andrew's) B-day is in august, i see a traxxas happening then.
look forward to that later in this thread.
meanwhile i will be researching axles, tube frames, and maybe how to incorporate an ess one sound box?

*disclaimer: i did not mention, discuss, elude to, or think of any buying, selling, trading, acquiring, stealing, or otherwise procuring any items mentioned in this post.

Last edited by Shinchu; 02-06-2018 at 02:09 PM.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Shinchu possibly building MONSTERS??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Building the 10.2 Kit, any tips to consider before building HumboldtEF Axial SCX10 II 7 10-25-2017 03:41 PM
Possibly going to be building a super-ish crawler, need tips/suggestions imnotsogood Superclass Crawlers 1 01-15-2010 11:17 PM