Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Mega/Monster Trucks

Notices

Thread: My nothing special smt10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2018, 07:29 PM   #1

Default My nothing special smt10

I picked up an smt10 about three weeks ago and have been slowly upgrading it. I bought the max d version for the already black cage with intentions of changing the body anyways. So far I have done a bit of upgrades. hot racing upper and lower links front and rear, hot racing front and rear diff covers, hot racing metal gear trans, hot racing front steering links, gpm metal servo mount, jazrider metal front and rear link mounts, jconcepts renegades with tribute wheels, ssd steering knuckles, and some limit straps for looks from wsrc. Ill post some pics soon
Broughts89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2018, 07:49 PM   #2

Default Re: My nothing special smt10

Old 06-19-2018, 07:51 PM   #3

and with the new body. Jconcepts 88 chevy

Old 06-19-2018, 07:53 PM   #4

And after I added a few more metal parts and limit straps.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:56 PM   #5

I also ordered mip shafts but got the wrong ones so im waiting for the right ones to show up. and the factory 27t motor burned up on me. I have a 20t motor I can put in it which pinion gear should I use with that motor? also will it be slower with that motor? im still new to all that. I figured id put that motor in till I save up for a brushless setup. im running 3s lipos in the truck.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:46 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

A 20T motor is faster than 27T. You should use the smaller pinion, but with 3S and those big tires you'll still want to check the motor temperature often the first time out because it will probably heat up quickly.
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:38 PM   #7

I wanna go to a brushless set up but I want to retain the fun and drive ability of the truck. All the brushless videos I’ve watched seems like all they do it flip over every time they take off. I would like it quick but be able to have good control over the truck also. What is a decent setup for that? I would like it to stay waterproof also. Alison what’s a reasonable servo for the big tires that is waterproof? Seems like the factory one has a hard time turning the renegades.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:52 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

looks pretty sweet!

im building one too, I have gone with a castle SW4(sidewinder) ESC (but the cheaper sv3 would work) a hobbyking 5400kv sealed 4 pole motor, 9 or 11t pinion, maybe a 58t spur if i can get it to fit...

you can also buy the castle sidewinder combo with a 4600kv motor and sidewinder ESC, I believe its waterproof! that would be pretty sweet.

For my servo I have a waterproof brushless servo i got form hobbyking was about 50 aud and is 30kg at 7.4v. to run it i have a castle BEC.

i think all the electronics set me back $200 AUD (like 160 USD) (motor esc, servo, bec)

let me know if you want some links!
Stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:40 AM   #9

I ordered a 3800kv brushless system for the truck and also installed a hot racing all metal trans. What tooth pinion should I run? The factory 11t? I run it it for a while and don’t want to burn up the motor or anything like I did the factory one lol

My nothing special smt10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
**SPECIAL** C.I. Wraith Front Electronic Tray - $10 Shipped Worldwide **SPECIAL** Nova's Ark Vendors Electronics 12 09-07-2012 01:29 PM