RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Mega/Monster Trucks (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/mega-monster-trucks/)
-   -   CEN RC Monster Truck Series...thoughts? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/mega-monster-trucks/609161-cen-rc-monster-truck-series-thoughts.html)

FormallySkullking 06-02-2019 07:24 PM

CEN RC Monster Truck Series...thoughts?
 
Been eyeing these for a bit now, I got to see them in person last weekend. Watched them race and talked with the Cen Racing guys. I must say I'm excited for a more scale looking MT. You can tell they have done their homework and are already listening to customers. Don't sleep on these. I've already got my preorders in. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e8b5290bfd.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...65af769e25.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8a7291f890.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4f97cc1fd3.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8d2cde5153.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2b966e403e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a448140580.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2622abbd6d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1684689c83.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

FormallySkullking 06-02-2019 07:26 PM

Re: CEN RC Monster Truck Series...thoughts?
 
They have aluminum upgrades coming also, and all of them use interchangeable parts.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a16e0a6f81.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7be08f8935.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...eb59cd03dc.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...59e260962b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7a93ff9d69.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...db87f675a7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a02d289415.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e2b9f451e4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c6fda2ca32.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

FormallySkullking 06-03-2019 05:21 PM

Re: CEN RC Monster Truck Series...thoughts?
 
https://youtu.be/FKvJ7U1rTqA

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

kennebell50 06-03-2019 06:33 PM

Re: CEN RC Monster Truck Series...thoughts?
 
I do think i will buy one.

CM9000 06-11-2019 07:47 PM

Re: CEN RC Monster Truck Series...thoughts?
 
what the hell? take my money! ill take a stubby.

HumboldtEF 06-11-2019 07:56 PM

Re: CEN RC Monster Truck Series...thoughts?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FormallySkullking (Post 5939588)
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c6fda2ca32.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Solid rod as suspension? Is that a thing, or just for display purposes?

FormallySkullking 06-11-2019 08:00 PM

Re: CEN RC Monster Truck Series...thoughts?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HumboldtEF (Post 5942401)
Solid rod as suspension? Is that a thing, or just for display purposes?

Display

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gula 06-11-2019 10:25 PM

Re: CEN RC Monster Truck Series...thoughts?
 
Look at the sun gear differentials. Look tough!

CM9000 06-11-2019 10:48 PM

Re: CEN RC Monster Truck Series...thoughts?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gula (Post 5942438)
Look at the sun gear differentials. Look tough!

Yes! I know! I want the fix it again tony Mini MT. These are the coolest things since the wheelie poppers... I have to buy a handfull of theses.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

fr8cture 06-12-2019 04:51 PM

Re: CEN RC Monster Truck Series...thoughts?
 
This just remind me of the wheely king tbh. It doesn't come off scale to me. SMT-10 is far more realistic with a wheelbase adjustment.

FormallySkullking 06-12-2019 06:08 PM

Re: CEN RC Monster Truck Series...thoughts?
 
My opinion is that out of the box with no adjustments the WK and Clod are way more scale. The Smt10 needs wheelbase adjustment, shock relocation, the axles are too wide, etc. Let's hope the new Smt10 isn't just a new body, hopefully Axial listens and does some major changes and upgrades.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TooOldForThis 06-12-2019 08:00 PM

Re: CEN RC Monster Truck Series...thoughts?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FormallySkullking (Post 5942670)
My opinion is that out of the box with no adjustments the WK and Clod are way more scale. The Smt10 needs wheelbase adjustment, shock relocation, the axles are too wide, etc. Let's hope the new Smt10 isn't just a new body, hopefully Axial listens and does some major changes and upgrades.

I feel bad for Axial because so many people want so many different things from the SMT10 re-release that a lot of them are gonna be pissed when it comes out. Personally I'm hoping for at least an upgraded kit version like the bomber had. Fingers crossed...

Back on topic, these trucks look pretty good. Its weird that the smaller ones come stock as 2WD with a solid beam front axle, but I like weird.

CM9000 06-13-2019 07:05 PM

Re: CEN RC Monster Truck Series...thoughts?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TooOldForThis (Post 5942692)
I feel bad for Axial because so many people want so many different things from the SMT10 re-release that a lot of them are gonna be pissed when it comes out. Personally I'm hoping for at least an upgraded kit version like the bomber had. Fingers crossed...

Back on topic, these trucks look pretty good. Its weird that the smaller ones come stock as 2WD with a solid beam front axle, but I like weird.

the SMT-10 re release i think is just new bodies. the "zombie" main driver i think had a sneak peak of them and or is working with axial on it. (the dude is smart! he built 2 MT's using dbxl drivetrain parts)

the mini 2wd ones have the option to be converted to 4x4! i looked em up. "thumbsup"

FormallySkullking 06-14-2019 04:21 PM

Re: CEN RC Monster Truck Series...thoughts?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CM9000 (Post 5942954)
the SMT-10 re release i think is just new bodies. the "zombie" main driver i think had a sneak peak of them and or is working with axial on it. (the dude is smart! he built 2 MT's using dbxl drivetrain parts)

the mini 2wd ones have the option to be converted to 4x4! i looked em up. "thumbsup"

If Axial just goes with new bodies, they will lose business. Their reputation is declining...

As for the Cen Rc MT series, all of them share the same axles and trans etc so the 2wd can easily be made 4wd.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ttppll 06-15-2019 10:10 AM

Re: CEN RC Monster Truck Series...thoughts?
 
Just pre-ordered one of these. Anyone get one yet?

CM9000 06-15-2019 10:34 AM

Re: CEN RC Monster Truck Series...thoughts?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ttppll (Post 5943269)
Just pre-ordered one of these. Anyone get one yet?

What one did you pick?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

fr8cture 06-15-2019 10:40 AM

Re: CEN RC Monster Truck Series...thoughts?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CM9000 (Post 5942954)
the SMT-10 re release i think is just new bodies. the "zombie" main driver i think had a sneak peak of them and or is working with axial on it. (the dude is smart! he built 2 MT's using dbxl drivetrain parts)

the mini 2wd ones have the option to be converted to 4x4! i looked em up. "thumbsup"


He has been into rc a long time. I own two trucks he's designed. Surprisingly RC is what gave him an opportunity to drive for monster jam.

CM9000 06-15-2019 11:27 AM

Re: CEN RC Monster Truck Series...thoughts?
 
Yep, i read up on it last year. The guy has talent. And he got lucky lol. One day, i hope to get as lucky as him.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

FormallySkullking 06-15-2019 11:28 AM

Re: CEN RC Monster Truck Series...thoughts?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ttppll (Post 5943269)
Just pre-ordered one of these. Anyone get one yet?

I preordered the Hyper lube and the Bronco. Supposed to be out next month.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ttppll 06-15-2019 02:26 PM

Re: CEN RC Monster Truck Series...thoughts?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CM9000 (Post 5943274)
What one did you pick?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

The Hy-per Lube


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com