Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Mega/Monster Trucks

Notices

Thread: LOSI LMT.....Thoughts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2020, 07:18 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: LOSI LMT.....Thoughts?

Looking through the parts listing shows that Losi claiming this truck has 1/8 drivetrain is a bit misleading. 1/8 stuff typically uses 8mm stub shafts and 8x16 bearings in most places. Looks like the stubs are 6mm and the diff carrier are 8x14. The LMT is certainly beefier than an SMT, but it seems that even more beef could have fit inside in keeping with 1/8 tradition.

Despite this nitpicking, I still want one.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2020, 07:40 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Default LOSI LMT.....Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post
Despite this nitpicking, I still want one.

Oh yeah for sure!

Does anybody think Axial or another brand would come out or try and rival it at some point? I don’t think they’d have much luck though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:35 PM   #23
RCC Addict

No. Axial is selling a RTR for $299.00, different niche than a $600.00 version. I don’t see them doing that at all.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 11:40 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

I’d buy one over a SMT10, even if it’s chassis isn’t as scale as the SMT10’s, the axles are more so and if it’s got all the thing the SMT needs already built into it for what would be a comparable price, why not?!
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 12:44 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
I’d buy one over a SMT10, even if it’s chassis isn’t as scale as the SMT10’s, the axles are more so and if it’s got all the thing the SMT needs already built into it for what would be a comparable price, why not?!
Me freakin' too buddy! All day the Losi wins, unless you want a super scaled MT and don't care about bashing too hard.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:48 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Me freakin' too buddy! All day the Losi wins, unless you want a super scaled MT and don't care about bashing too hard.
Yup, I figure that the RTR SMT would be good if my niece wants something like that over a Stampede once she’s old enough (she’s almost 14months, so there’s time yet ) or just to add to the Solid Axle MT collection I already have, but for the kind of abuse I built that one WK for, the LMT just makes more sense.
Old 12-04-2020, 06:10 AM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Broke your last SMT10 did you?
Old 12-04-2020, 06:29 AM   #28
RCC Addict

I guess my thing is I wouldnt even compare it to a SMT10. It’s a Losi. It’s well built and expensive like almost all of their offerings. I don’t think they were going after Axial, it’s a totally different truck. Entry level vs avid hobbyist. You could own both, not one or the other, and own them for different reasons. Nobody decides they have to choose the TRX4 over the Gen8, it’s just assumed one is better and it’s usually a budget/commitment thing. I will definitely grab a SMT10 kit in the future, who doesn’t want an ar60 based scale MT setup even if you can’t launch it 50’. Still cool. I probably won’t grab a LMT because I’m just not that serious about this part of the hobby. Or their desert trucks. No room to run them around here. /rant over lol
Old 12-04-2020, 07:26 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
I don’t think they were going after Axial, it’s a totally different truck.
Losi isn’t trying to compete with Axial because they are part of the same company. Horizon gets your solid axle monster truck money either way unless you buy a Clod Buster.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 08:43 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
Losi isn’t trying to compete with Axial because they are part of the same company. Horizon gets your solid axle monster truck money either way unless you buy a Clod Buster.
They still got mine and a friend’s money with our Clods, we both ordered them through Horizon and I’ve got a Spektrum servo in mine too!
Old 12-04-2020, 09:30 AM   #31
RCC Addict

Yeah if you wanna look at it that way Amain has all my money lol. Point i was making is I wouldn’t even compare the 2 because I’d buy each for a different reason, not because I expect them to be similar. I don’t think Everest 10 when I’m looking at SMT10 builds for ideas haha.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:49 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Broke your last SMT10 did you?

Lol

I meant from my point of view, it definitely seems the LMT is more basher out of the box, while the SMT10 is more realistic/scale. Just my opinion, but I’m definitely going for the LMT when it’s released

Old 12-04-2020, 10:53 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yeah if you wanna look at it that way Amain has all my money lol. Point i was making is I wouldn’t even compare the 2 because I’d buy each for a different reason, not because I expect them to be similar. I don’t think Everest 10 when I’m looking at SMT10 builds for ideas haha.

Yeah, they each have their own purpose.

Old 12-04-2020, 11:51 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Lol

I meant from my point of view, it definitely seems the LMT is more basher out of the box, while the SMT10 is more realistic/scale. Just my opinion, but I’m definitely going for the LMT when it’s released

They are both made to do the same thing. One just has a better chance of surviving without being upgraded. I wouldn’t necessarily consider the ar60s on the SMT10 to be scale at all. Or the wheelbase. Or the shock orientation. There are some decent scale MT builds in SBG, should check them out. The best example I saw had one off axle housings. Anything you get out of a box will have limitations both mechanically and cosmetically I think.

If you really want a chuckle go back to the early SMT10 posts in this forum and elsewhere on the net, I stumbled across quite a few in my searching. It was getting as much hype if not more than this rig when it hit the scene. Even when it became evident that it had drivetrain issues with big power and jumps, what’s a little upgrading.

Last edited by Phildirt; 12-04-2020 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-04-2020, 12:13 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Lol, yeah.....A-Main got a lot of my money too, for a bunch of my vehicles
Old 12-04-2020, 12:24 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Lol, yeah.....A-Main got a lot of my money too, for a bunch of my vehicles

I can relate too! Amain is the only place I go!

Old 12-04-2020, 01:03 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I can relate too! Amain is the only place I go!

Sadly, the HobbyTown I worked for is still open, but I refuse to shop there any more and all the other shops are almost an hour drive each way, so online is just easier unless I need to eyeball something to see if it might fit.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:08 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Default LOSI LMT.....Thoughts?

Quote:
Sadly, the HobbyTown I worked for is still open, but I refuse to shop there any more and all the other shops are almost an hour drive each way, so online is just easier unless I need to eyeball something to see if it might fit.

Hobby town was my go to in Indiana since it’s was only 4 minutes away, until they closed. Then I started going to Indy RC, and that’s where I got my TRX4. They’re really cool there, I needed 2 screws for my RC before the TRX4 and they happen to have the right ones in their parts drawer, and they just gave them to me! Cool place.

Online is my only option, unless I wanted to go over to Oahu everytime I needed something for my rig if I couldn’t find at Ace lmao.

Old 12-04-2020, 02:21 PM   #39
RCC Addict

There aren’t many hobby shops here. Mom and pop one called Hurricane Hobbies. Super nice, real helpful but they are more geared towards planes. Looked into those but they are 10x more expensive than tiny trucks.
Old 12-04-2020, 02:32 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
There aren’t many hobby shops here. Mom and pop one called Hurricane Hobbies. Super nice, real helpful but they are more geared towards planes. Looked into those but they are 10x more expensive than tiny trucks.

Surprising, is there not many crawlers in your area?

LOSI LMT.....Thoughts? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
internal shocks comp losi? your thoughts smeesho Team Losi Comp Crawler 2 02-13-2013 07:11 PM
Thoughts on Losi MOA vs XR10 vti-chris Newbie General 6 07-21-2011 09:01 PM
Thoughts on Losi MOA with HH7t motors ShockTherapy Team Losi Comp Crawler 14 01-04-2010 04:33 PM
Losi 7.4v 3300 mah 20c lipo - thoughts? honyock Electronics 14 10-10-2009 03:18 AM
Thoughts on Losi Mini Crawler ESC BEC Shaun Electronics 2 05-09-2009 12:59 AM