Default Re: LOSI LMT.....Thoughts?

Treal axles on mine now

And I’m trying a Proline Ford F-150 Raptor body on it

Curb Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2021, 12:00 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Lovin' those axles - especially the finish, with the machining marks and the flat pale gray color.

Body looks good on there, too!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:52 PM   #83
RCC Addict

They look good but holy smokes that thing is bumping up against $1k for rtr/axles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 01:21 PM   #84
Rock Crawler

Don’t look at my electrics and servo then lol

Anyway I’ve painted the Proline Raptor F150 body, I love the fitment over the cage

Last edited by Curb Crawler; 03-01-2021 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-01-2021, 02:24 PM   #85
RCC Addict

Looks good. Nice job on cutting the rear without it looking hacked.

I wasn't poking you over the spend - I totaled what I have into my Enduro the other day and it's embarrassing considering it started out as a '$249.99 budget RTR'. Those axles are nice - - - just a bummer that they had to be upgraded, I figured 1:8 running gear from Losi would be pretty stout. But I have no idea how hard on it you are.

Last edited by Phildirt; 03-01-2021 at 02:26 PM.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 05:59 AM   #86
Rock Crawler

Don’t worry mate, it’s all fun and games
Old 05-05-2021, 08:10 AM   #87
Rock Crawler

Hmm.. intriguing how both the LMT and Ryft are from -basically- the same House, and break the same things over and over again. Correlation =/= Causation, but I have the distinct impression they either cheaped-out on the material, or the plastic parts were produced in the same factory that used the wrong nylon/plastic compound for the axle-housings of both the Ryft and the LMT

Breaking axle-housings on bashing in the first outing, like so many people experienced, is something that the testers shóuld have noticed, so the prototypes/pre-production models were of a different material, apparently.. ( or the beancounters pushed for release anyways. Not unheard of when a company is in the thrall of share-holders)

I was actually eyeing the LMT, because of my positive experiences with the Tenacity afa sturdy-ness goes, but I’am not so sure now. It’s a lot of dough for something that is -apparently- a tad brittle. And I absolutely refuse to sink the price of the truck itself into upgrades. A few little things, fine, but €400.- in axle-housings and such just for starters?? Nope!

Though, truth be told ‘just mild bashing’ is different for everyone.. Friend of mine broke a brushless @ 3s all RPM Stampede ‘just mild bashing’ ... Which -according to him was ‘just’ repeatedly launching it from a half pipe about 5 to 6meters in the air and landing it crooked Every. Bloody. Time.. because he can’t drive for sh.. With his former car only being a DT-3 with the sedate Tamiya stock motor. :facepalm:

He has now bought a Losi 10Scbe and a bunch of 3s packs, because the Stampede was too slow.. “What could go wrong” I’m now waiting for his angry tweets that the SCBE is a crappy car.. because he slammed it into an unmovable object @ 80km/h and it ‘just’ broke like that...

Last edited by Jay-Em; 05-05-2021 at 08:42 AM.
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 11:44 AM   #88
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-Em View Post
I was actually eyeing the LMT, because of my positive experiences with the Tenacity afa sturdy-ness goes, but I’am not so sure now. It’s a lot of dough for something that is -apparently- a tad brittle.
I know there have been plenty of people that have broken axle housings but I’ve spent months actively trying to break an axle and it hasn’t happened. All the rod ends have been worn out and the body has some cracks at this point but the axle housing are still fine. There is little doubt the revised housings would hold up even better. Then again, I don’t live in a place that gets that cold so that could have been working in my favor when people first started reporting broken axles.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 01:08 AM   #89

Two part question:
-does anyone have any ideas on how to remove the black body attachment seats glued to the cage?
-on son uva diggers cage front body mounts theres a pair of extensions/risers. I don't see this part listed in the manual and cant find them sold online. Anyone know where to buy some of these loose?
ToSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 01:08 PM   #90

So has anyone purchased an LMT recently? Are the new axles in the RTR’s?
Sean1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 07:53 AM   #91

Oh that looks great.
nictical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 11:13 AM   #92
Pebble Pounder

I figured I'd update this now that I've had it about a year.

I've bashed mine pretty hard since I got it. My roller has really taken some abuse: pulled one shock through, two broken axles, broken c-hub, broken cross brace, 3 dead servos, and a steering rod. One of my chassis plates is bent, as well. My RTR has lasted a lot longer but I haven't really pushed it as hard or driven it as much (I mainly got it to keep the other one running while I got parts sorted, will likely sell it soon). The biggest issue I've had with the RTR was the light wire pulling out for some reason.

I put the Treal axles on early and that made a big difference. The only failure I've had since putting it on was the wheelie bar, which I replaced with the Hot Racing one, I wish I had done the Treal though. I bent the HR one on the first outing. My body is smashed to hell and will need replaced, every drive now some part of it falls off.

Despite all of this, I pulled and checked some of the diffs and drivetrain bits, everything is perfect. I was expecting there to be some stripping of gears or damage, but nothing, not a thing. My Maxx was clicking within a month of owning it and there are no such issues here.

I've ordered the low CG electronics mount and battery mount, mainly to allow more space for my Monster X. The stock tray is too small and the battery gets in the way of mounting it flat, so it constantly comes loose due to not being secure. That and I've had to dispose of two batteries due to the stock battery strap, the batteries come loose and drag on the ground, which destroys the case. I believe the low CG mount has a sideways strap that should retain the batteries a little better. I'll likely replace the body again soon, put alloy links in, and start looking at different wheels/tires.

Despite all the failures, still my favorite RC. I have the USA-1 now also (I'll make another post on my thoughts on it) and I love it, but the LMT is just more fun when it comes to doing jumps and flips. I wish there was a race league near me though. It's just so fun to drive.
Shinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 08:00 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

The sale on the roller finally sucked me in.

Upon pulling it apart I don't know how the center ring and pinion survive with the factory assembly. All the ring gear to diff cup bolts were loose and the pinion needed .4mm worth of shims.

Finding loose hardware all over actually.

And it has the feeble gen 1 housings.

Otherwise I'm quite tickled with it overall.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 10:00 PM   #94
RCC Addict

Anyone have an idea as to why LOSI discontinued the LMT roller?

I’m seeing them on eBay occasionally, but I’d hate to buy one if I knew an improved version was on the horizon.
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 03:41 AM   #95
Rock Crawler

Having bought a roller, I would buy the RTR for a few reasons.

The rollers come with the version 1 axle housings. The RTRs now come with the updated housings. The older housings flex too much and allow dirt to enter. I upgraded my housings with the SSD aluminum housing halves, but the stiffer V2 housings might not have needed that.

The RTR electronics are actually quite good, particularly the ESC / motor combo. You'd either want that system or a better (more expensive one) if you bought the roller anyway.

That said, it's a fun truck that's worth the money. Monster trucks offer a unique driving experience, and the LMT is a darn good scale option.
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 08:20 PM   #96
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
Having bought a roller, I would buy the RTR for a few reasons.

The rollers come with the version 1 axle housings. The RTRs now come with the updated housings. The older housings flex too much and allow dirt to enter. I upgraded my housings with the SSD aluminum housing halves, but the stiffer V2 housings might not have needed that.

The RTR electronics are actually quite good, particularly the ESC / motor combo. You'd either want that system or a better (more expensive one) if you bought the roller anyway.

That said, it's a fun truck that's worth the money. Monster trucks offer a unique driving experience, and the LMT is a darn good scale option.
This is going to sound petty, but I just don’t like the colors of the RTR cages and wheels. Not a gravedigger fan either. So I’d end up with a body, radio, and colors I don’t want.

I really wish they’d re-issue the roller with the updated axles. Actually I really wish they would just come out with a kit.

I agree though it looks like a really fun truck! I will end up with one eventually.
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 09:13 PM   #97
Rock Crawler

It's not petty, looks matter. If an RC car doesn't look cool to me, I have zero interest in driving it.

The black cage on the rollers is nice. I ended painting my cage blue, to match the blue bug body I installed.

So even though I bought the roller, my blue cage makes it look like I bought the RTR.
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 07:54 PM   #98
RCC Addict

I would have wished Losi had made the LMT 4WS, from the factory. I bought 2 complete front axles for rear steering from eBay, 1 for the Grave Digger & 1 for the Son-Uva Digger
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 12:17 PM   #99

I love my LMTs. The few things I dislike about them is that the axleshafts use dogbones(I hate dogbones), I wish they would have used more scale wheels instead of the short course style wheels. And the stock servo/servo saver is much too weak. The 4 link really needs more angle built into it to help keep the axles centered better. Other than that they are a blast to drive and I love that they handle like the real thing instead of some toy. Also huge props for axle mounted shocks that actually work good & giving tunning options for both the shocks & the 4 link geometry. We have a blast anytime we get 1 out and have rarely had any problems. We are not easy on them either. My SMT looks more realistic but the LMT handles more realistic and is way stronger.
RecklessTrent91 is offline   Reply With Quote

LOSI LMT.....Thoughts? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
internal shocks comp losi? your thoughts smeesho Team Losi Comp Crawler 2 02-13-2013 07:11 PM
Thoughts on Losi MOA vs XR10 vti-chris Newbie General 6 07-21-2011 09:01 PM
Thoughts on Losi MOA with HH7t motors ShockTherapy Team Losi Comp Crawler 14 01-04-2010 04:33 PM
Losi 7.4v 3300 mah 20c lipo - thoughts? honyock Electronics 14 10-10-2009 03:18 AM
Thoughts on Losi Mini Crawler ESC BEC Shaun Electronics 2 05-09-2009 12:59 AM