Thread: Need help deciding!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2020, 11:25 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Need help deciding!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Oh ok, I understand now.

There’s definitely a point where something is uncontrollably fun and uncontrollably annoying lmao. It seems like flipping the chassis should help, but I’m no MT expert!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yup, my Stampede VXL is over the top, but scary fun, same with the Bandit I built with the above Sidewinder system. The WK was more frustrating and couldn’t really explore it like I prefer.......and I’m one of those people that laughs when torque steer hits on a healthy 1:1 front driver
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2020, 11:30 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
I’m one of those people that laughs when torque steer hits on a healthy 1:1 front driver
LMAO! Sometimes you just gotta laugh!

ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 12:19 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
LMAO! Sometimes you just gotta laugh!

Yup, it’s just more........maniacal.....at that point
Old 11-26-2020, 05:27 AM   #44
RCC Addict

Quote:

SIDE NOTE: I may be getting ahead of myself, but has anyone seen an 03-06 Chevy body? Don’t care if it’s a 1500 or 3500, only thing that matters is that it’s a 4 door. Picture for reference.

Nope. Only thing I could find in hours of searching that isn’t a K5 or C10 besides the Jconcepts bodies (they are too small) is the 2014 Silvy that Proline makes. It is listed as 1:8 but wheelbase is 13” and width is perfect for one of these builds. It doesn’t look horrible for a lexan body. My plan before I abandoned the MT quest was to put a Traxxas body on an SMT10 kit (was going to do the 69 Blazer). What you’ll see if you start digging through SMT10/MT threads is that a lot of the builds are off...the top of the cage is sitting at about dashboard height or a little higher. Driver wouldn’t even be able to see lol. Bugs the crap out of me. There’s a power wagon build like that in here and a Traxxas bronco build the same in SBG. I would either not use that body, cut the top of the cage off and modify it to fit, or “tint the windows” but that looks the worst imo. MTs aren’t supposed to have windows so you’d cut them out a ways. /rant over lol.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 02:38 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Default Need help deciding!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
Nope. Only thing I could find in hours of searching that isn’t a K5 or C10 besides the Jconcepts bodies (they are too small) is the 2014 Silvy that Proline makes. It is listed as 1:8 but wheelbase is 13” and width is perfect for one of these builds. It doesn’t look horrible for a lexan body. My plan before I abandoned the MT quest was to put a Traxxas body on an SMT10 kit (was going to do the 69 Blazer). What you’ll see if you start digging through SMT10/MT threads is that a lot of the builds are off...the top of the cage is sitting at about dashboard height or a little higher. Driver wouldn’t even be able to see lol. Bugs the crap out of me. There’s a power wagon build like that in here and a Traxxas bronco build the same in SBG. I would either not use that body, cut the top of the cage off and modify it to fit, or “tint the windows” but that looks the worst imo. MTs aren’t supposed to have windows so you’d cut them out a ways. /rant over lol.

I also did quite a bit of looking, and I found one of this body style, but it was a single cab. Maybe I could get some styrene and add 2 extra doors? But, it was a JConcepts body, so it may be too small.

https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/2005-...-mt-single-cab

Old 11-26-2020, 03:27 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

You may want to try and combine 2 bodies for that, also may need to shorten the bed.
Old 11-26-2020, 03:30 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You may want to try and combine 2 bodies for that, also may need to shorten the bed.

My original idea was get 2 bodies, but I don’t know how I’d turn 2 single cabs into 1 crew cab due to the slant of the cab. I will for sure have to shorten the bed because the 1:1 I’m trying to do a replica of is a crew cab short bed.

I’m getting too ahead of myself! I don’t even have the truck yet lmao!

Last edited by ScaleLifeNewbie; 11-26-2020 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-26-2020, 04:24 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Might check to see if there are any threads about missing lexan bodies to do this.
Old 11-26-2020, 04:43 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:
I also did quite a bit of looking, and I found one of this body style, but it was a single cab. Maybe I could get some styrene and add 2 extra doors? But, it was a JConcepts body, so it may be too small.

https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/2005-...-mt-single-cab

That body is way too small for a 13” wb rig imo. Also I would use styrene to stretch a hard body but not a lexan body. Too much flex...I’d keep looking and keep my mind open to different bodies. But most of all I’d wait until you have the kit on your bench and can take some measurements.

Any of the Proline 1:8 monster truck bodies would work, most of the Jconcepts scaler bodies should but the detail sucks imo. Personally I’d get the Son of a Digger body and call it a day, it is rad. Then when u get bored of it change things up. I’ve even seen a Jconcepts Creep body on an SMT10 and it looked decent. But those smaller Jconcepts bodies look decent at a glance but stare at one for a minute...totally out of scale to the cage, axles, wheels...no thanks. Maybe on a WK or similar but you need a bigger body on your 2 choices I think.

Google “Big Merica monster truck” and look at what that guy does with the Proline C10 bodies...outstanding. He started on SMT10 chassis and now runs them on full custom tube creations and they look very real.

Also look in Scale Builders Guild, search for “The Crusher”, it’s an SMT10 shortened to 12.5 with the 80s Chevy body 12.3 wb and it looks freaking awesome. It’s the build that made me want to do a scale MT.
Old 11-26-2020, 04:51 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
That body is way too small for a 13” wb rig imo. Also I would use styrene to stretch a hard body but not a lexan body. Too much flex...I’d keep looking and keep my mind open to different bodies. But most of all I’d wait until you have the kit on your bench and can take some measurements.

Any of the Proline 1:8 monster truck bodies would work, most of the Jconcepts scaler bodies should but the detail sucks imo. Personally I’d get the Son of a Digger body and call it a day, it is rad. Then when u get bored of it change things up. I’ve even seen a Jconcepts Creep body on an SMT10 and it looked decent. But those smaller Jconcepts bodies look decent at a glance but stare at one for a minute...totally out of scale to the cage, axles, wheels...no thanks. Maybe on a WK or similar but you need a bigger body on your 2 choices I think.

Google “Big Merica monster truck” and look at what that guy does with the Proline C10 bodies...outstanding. He started on SMT10 chassis and now runs them on full custom tube creations and they look very real.

Also look in Scale Builders Guild, search for “The Crusher”, it’s an SMT10 shortened to 12.5 with the 80s Chevy body 12.3 wb and it looks freaking awesome. It’s the build that made me want to do a scale MT.

Yeah, I’m definitely going to keep looking. The main reason I want a body is to keep the Grave Digger the shelf queen, but I’m sure they’ll sell them pre painted.

I was thinking about the Son uva Digger, but I seen a video by CCxRC where the stickers were a completely different black. In that same video, he put both side by side and Son uva Digger is a little bit taller and has a little bit more of a wheel well gap, and I don’t really like that. Plus, who doesn’t like Grave Digger?

Old 11-26-2020, 05:04 PM   #51
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yeah, I’m definitely going to keep looking. The main reason I want a body is to keep the Grave Digger the shelf queen, but I’m sure they’ll sell them pre painted.

I was thinking about the Son uva Digger, but I seen a video by CCxRC where the stickers were a completely different black. In that same video, he put both side by side and Son uva Digger is a little bit taller and has a little bit more of a wheel well gap, and I don’t really like that. Plus, who doesn’t like Grave Digger?

Me lol. Tired of looking at it. There are so many cool mt’s, not sure if you’ve ever been to a Monster Jam.

I’d want the Blue cage just because there are so many green ones haha.
Old 11-26-2020, 05:22 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Me lol. Tired of looking at it. There are so many cool mt’s, not sure if you’ve ever been to a Monster Jam.

I’d want the Blue cage just because there are so many green ones haha.

Yeah, I’ve been to 2. The Brodozer is my favorite monster truck. I may even do a replica of that one instead.

Old 11-26-2020, 10:00 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yeah, I’ve been to 2. The Brodozer is my favorite monster truck. I may even do a replica of that one instead.

Looks like J Concepts has a version of that body now too
Old 11-27-2020, 12:32 AM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Looks like J Concepts has a version of that body now too

Oh really? I was just going to use the proline F250 cab and scratch build a bed. I’ll take a look at that

Old 11-27-2020, 06:36 AM   #55
RCC Addict

It’s the Gozer body. Hideous lol.
Old 11-27-2020, 09:04 AM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Oh really? I was just going to use the proline F250 cab and scratch build a bed. I’ll take a look at that

Yup, finally able to get the site to work so I can post a link

https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/jci-g...ter-truck-body

Quote:
It’s the Gozer body. Hideous lol.
Well, considering that the Brodozer MT body was designed so that MJ and Sparks didn’t have to pay licensing to Ford for the Superduty that the non-MT Brodozer is based on, then the Gozer is designed to get around licensing to all 3, it becomes a photocopy of photocopy situation.......though it still looks better than Proline’s 1/24 Power Wagon body!
Old 11-27-2020, 12:50 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yup, finally able to get the site to work so I can post a link

https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/jci-g...ter-truck-body

Well, considering that the Brodozer MT body was designed so that MJ and Sparks didn’t have to pay licensing to Ford for the Superduty that the non-MT Brodozer is based on, then the Gozer is designed to get around licensing to all 3, it becomes a photocopy of photocopy situation.......though it still looks better than Proline’s 1/24 Power Wagon body!

It looks pretty accurate to me. The 1/24 scale proline power wagon is hideous!

Last edited by ScaleLifeNewbie; 11-27-2020 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-27-2020, 01:23 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Quote:
It looks pretty accurate to me. The proline power wagon is hideous!

What?! The PW is one of the best looking bodies they make. Looks tits on a low slung comp crawler with no fenders, looks good as a trail truck with fenders and 2 tone paint...looks good as an MT...lol. You need your eyes checked haha.
Old 11-27-2020, 01:29 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
What?! The PW is one of the best looking bodies they make. Looks tits on a low slung comp crawler with no fenders, looks good as a trail truck with fenders and 2 tone paint...looks good as an MT...lol. You need your eyes checked haha.

I meant to say the 1/24 scale PW lmao. the 1/10 scale is one of my favorites. Isn’t it one of their best sellers too?

Old 11-27-2020, 01:32 PM   #60
RCC Addict

If you’re going to do a Jconcepts body build the Saigon Shaker with the Lloyd body

Need help deciding!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Help deciding djb2 Axial Wraith 6 10-08-2013 09:18 AM
Little help deciding Bansh88 Newbie General 11 02-05-2013 06:10 PM
Still need help deciding. lt1zwb96 General Crawlers 6 06-20-2009 10:00 PM
I need help deciding! scorpion_king HPI Wheely King 1 12-01-2007 05:41 AM