Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Mega/Monster Trucks

Notices

Thread: Fallen's Losi LMT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2022, 11:37 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Fallen's Losi LMT

Thanks SLN. I've also heard a lot of knocks on the LMT. I suspect those to be coming from new RCers, who expected a bulletproof truck out of the box. I've been in RC long enough to know that doesn't happen, and you always spend the first few months working the bugs out.

I'm quite happy with this bug body. I always thought the Bronco was too narrow. Seeing this bug body though, I'll probably never mount that Bronco body back up.

Thanks for the tip on the rod ends SVT. I haven't even looked at those yet, but now I will. Have you found any rod ends other than the stock ones that fit? I'd hate to replace mine with rod ends that will just stretch back out.
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2022, 05:09 AM   #22

Bug Body looks terrific!
Viper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 06:59 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Thanks, I really enjoy it.

But that's sort of the problem. It's a monster truck body...it can't last forever, or even very long probably.

I knew I shouldn't have done a good looking body for this, but I couldn't resist. Now I cringe during failed backflip attempts when I didn't use to.

Oh well. I suppose I'll have an excuse to do a different body sooner rather than later.
Old 06-23-2022, 12:40 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

A steering tip for your LMT:

The stock servo saver + a strong servo are a long lasting steering option.

But;

If you shredded a servo, you probably also damaged the servo saver. If you have to replace a servo, replace the servo saver too. I've found the Spektrum 6230 + the stock saver to be a good option. But both need to be new. Don't put an old, damaged saver on a new servo. It'll kill the new servo.

And Loc-Tite the spring retention nut. That way you can leave the spring fairly loose, but not lose your retention nut.
Old 06-23-2022, 07:55 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

that bug body looks great on there
all my monstertruck exsperiance comes from tamiya
blackfoots a jugg and the clods
i only have clods now one scale crawler like with a hard body and a heavy aluminum bed and role bar
and a go fast track clod on a old esp chassie powered by big brushless motors on 4s
and a box of parts with almost enuff parts to build another one i think i just need a few axle tubes and maybe a knuckle and ive got another one lol

they are alot of fun to drive and completely different than other rigs
i like driving monster trucks in the snow best sand is a close second though
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 10:39 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Thanks Ferp, and you're completely correct.

I never would have expected this, but the LMT is by far my most driven rig. It's fun to drive anywhere offroad, but yes, sand is prime time. It's so easy to make jumps out of.

Everyone in my family likes driving it too. My 4 year olds wait all week, every week until the weekend when they can drive it. My 13 year olds do freestyle competitions with it. My 2 year old steers it while I control the throttle. My wife doesn't drive it, but she likes having it around because everyone else does.

Now that the bugs are pretty much worked out, we probably put 10 batteries through this truck every weekend.
Old 09-27-2022, 06:54 PM   #27
Rock Stacker

What size motor and esc is every one running in there lmt
big specht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 08:34 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

I installed the motor / ESC combo that comes in the RTR version. Stock gearing too.

I think it's a 3150KV brushless motor. I'm very happy with it on 2S.

On 3S I think that system is too powerful. Keeping the truck in one piece would be a challenge for a full 5000MAH 3S battery. But if you're a power thirsty basher, you might want it on 3S.

That Spektrum system might even handle 4S. I have no interest in trying that.
Old 06-10-2023, 10:46 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Over the last three weeks I've been getting my LMT back into summer shape. Summer is when our LMT ends up at the beach with us a lot, and needs to be a reliable and fun truck.

Prior to this, the LMT sat broken for about 2 months. My 5 year old son was driving it at the outdoor track 1/2 mile from our house. A bearing in the center gearbox seized, and resulted in the center transmission housing melting.

The bearing in the center of this gear was filled with melted plastic.

This is the second time I've had to replace the center transmission housing due to failed bearings. The stock housing is installed in such a way that the ENTIRE truck has to be disassembled to replace it. I didn't want to have to do this again so...

I bought the Vitavon aluminum transmission housing.

It's designed such that you can remove the housing without having to tear the whole truck down. But hopefully I don't have to remove it, ever!

While I had the truck torn apart, I also replaced the rod ends on the suspension linkage. They had all stretched out, allowing a lot of play in the suspension. Two batteries in, and the new rod ends are already stretched back out. Maybe it's time to spend more money...

I replaced the stock shocks with Pro-Line's Powerstroke XTs. Since I now had the four stock shocks just hanging around, I decided to try a dual shock mount. I ordered this kit from CPE Racing, and in they went. The kit is just hardware, and only cost around $15.

The suspension set up is heavily affected by my sealed tires. Since they aren't vented, the truck bounces around on these big balloons. I currently have 15WT oil in all of the shocks, but I might need to thin that out to maybe 10WT.

My daughter drew up some logos for the name we gave the truck: Stoodint Driver. I had stickers made, that came out too small. But oh well, on the truck they went.

I built these ramps for my front yard. My older kids like to do freestyle competitions with this truck. Those two ramps, and an old motorcycle tire in the yard make for a fun course.

The backflip ramp is about the same height as the truck. The other ramp is slightly taller and makes for some great height. These ramps are too big for unlimited 3S. They were sending the LMT "to the moon" as your favorite YouTuber would say.

I also added a new Hi-Tec servo, with the stock Losi 25T servo saver. I'll probably eventually buy a nicer 25T servo saver, as the Losi one keeps coming loose.

I run this truck on 3S with the throttle EPA limited so that it's top speed is similar to a 2S. That increases my runtimes. It also gives me the torque to adjust the truck's attitude mid flight. But I think the truck drives most realistically on 2S.

She's at least ready for another summer of beach trips and sand freestyle competitions.

Last edited by Fallen; 06-17-2023 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-12-2023, 02:50 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

New look, same great flavor!

These are just flat lexan panels cut out, painted orange, stickered up and screwed to the cage. This is my favorite look so far.
Old 04-02-2024, 10:55 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Anyone running 50w in the stock shocks?
djr01974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 09:17 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

I did try heavy weight oil at one point. Either 40 or 45WT.

I found the suspension way too sluggish to either perform well or look realistic. The truck mostly just bounced around on its big balloon tires.

I found I prefer very light oil. I think my current set up is 20wt and that's been my favorite so far. The LMT is such a realistic looking monster truck that I like to keep a scale appearing performance. Faster suspension movement seems to achieve that.

Fallen's Losi LMT - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LOSI LMT.....Thoughts? MattKimble Mega/Monster Trucks 98 03-21-2023 12:17 PM
Codyboy's Losi LMT CODYBOY Mega/Monster Trucks 11 04-11-2021 08:24 PM