Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Michigan

Notices

Thread: WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 01:08 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Cool INDOOR'S = Warm & Comfy, & Near by frig' & Grub too

I'll, just stay indoor's for right now fella's ... no need to be going out after all this work I've just put into my indoor layout here now, and I still got alot of other new idea's to add to it too...I'm, finally happy to have my own indoor space to crawl at... And dude's you will want your own indoor spot to once you have try'd it also.... It's the way to go for these cold ass michigan winter month's too...
scootertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2008, 01:20 PM   #62

How awesome for you :p
Any chance you want to move to the west side? Lots of houses for sale here. If I have to drive that far to have fun in the winter I'm going SNOWBOARDING!
nathanschmoekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:51 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

I agree nate, snowboarding sounds like a plan
coolkidjf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:15 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Post Dude,I was born in kalamazoo.but,Grew up in detroit.

I've lived all over MI... for that Matter, but have been a thumb Area dude for most of my life thou... And I would'nt mind heading your way if i could but, I can't travel far from home now aday's Plus, I'm, legally Deaf too in both ear's & retired now too... So, if you are ever by this way just give me a holla' up on here and maybe we could meet up some time. I hope to have some new pic's to post up on here soon too....( AND YEAH SNOWBOARDING IS THE TICKET FOR ME TOO BROTHA'S... I just seen a sweet snow board going for only 120.00 complete with binder's & size 10 boot's too shit too-late some asshole in front of me grab'd it up and never let go of it either... "asshole, did'nt even know it was that good of a board either he just wanted to look good in front of his girl... F__Ker..!!! then he even try'd to get it for like 85.00 buck's cash... but the women said 120.00 firm as I was about to speak up and hand the money over top of him to buy it still at that great price when he pulled out the money instead and walked off with it too... shit it cost me 5.00 buck to just get in to that frecking place to see if there was anything good to which I maybe have anuff money to grab when all I seen worth a shit was that sweet frecking package deal way over to the side as allway's too... figure's , huh... bro' oooh-well there go's a good board to another Asshole who does'nt know jack shit as far as knowing how to ride one either And he looked just like a dammm Momma's boy, to me too + smell'd like a frecking fag too....Lmao2

Last edited by scootertrash; 11-16-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:00 AM   #65
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanschmoekel View Post
My latest brainstorm was to rotate some stearing gear 90 degrees on the rear axel and attach linkage to the Y link to keep the rear wheels vertical during articulation.
Nate, that sounds pretty cool!
Wonder how it induces torque twist?

My latest (very little bench time) is going to be a 1.9 scaler.
Found the body, waiting on Ebay auctions.
Have TLTs I am going to shorten.
Just ordered a TCS L-Trail chassis to try.

I have sheets of 2" thick Styrene that I am painting and rolling in sand then applying velcro to make a mini course with my son's in the basement.
sweli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:36 PM   #66
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrash View Post
I've lived all over MI... for that Matter, but have been a thumb Area dude for most of my life thou... And I would'nt mind heading your way if i could but, I can't travel far from home now aday's Plus, I'm, legally Deaf too in both ear's & retired now too... So, if you are ever by this way just give me a holla' up on here and maybe we could meet up some time. I hope to have some new pic's to post up on here soon too....( AND YEAH SNOWBOARDING IS THE TICKET FOR ME TOO BROTHA'S... I just seen a sweet snow board going for only 120.00 complete with binder's & size 10 boot's too shit too-late some asshole in front of me grab'd it up and never let go of it either... "asshole, did'nt even know it was that good of a board either he just wanted to look good in front of his girl... F__Ker..!!! then he even try'd to get it for like 85.00 buck's cash... but the women said 120.00 firm as I was about to speak up and hand the money over top of him to buy it still at that great price when he pulled out the money instead and walked off with it too... shit it cost me 5.00 buck to just get in to that frecking place to see if there was anything good to which I maybe have anuff money to grab when all I seen worth a shit was that sweet frecking package deal way over to the side as allway's too... figure's , huh... bro' oooh-well there go's a good board to another Asshole who does'nt know jack shit as far as knowing how to ride one either And he looked just like a dammm Momma's boy, to me too + smell'd like a frecking fag too....Lmao2
Gotta love those
Old 11-17-2008, 04:13 PM   #67

[quote=sweli;1431541]Nate, that sounds pretty cool!
Wonder how it induces torque twist?

It doesn't induce it as much as it allows side forces applied to the tires to move the chassis via the linkage. Say you were side hilling...the rear tires can now "lean" down hill under the weight of the chassis. The "steering bar" is attatched to the "y" link, so the chassis sort-of slides to the down hill side. Looks like someone walking with thier ass sticking out to the side LOL. I think I can build enough stiffness into the linkage to stop this ,but I haven't actually made it off the bench yet. I'm waiting for a BTA steering bar from the boys in Grant. I am also concidering using a servo to control the lean angle..."Forced articulation is allowed" ?? Do you think I'm still 2.2 legal ?
Old 11-17-2008, 04:14 PM   #68
Quarry Creeper

It sounds like it, that would be kinda cool. I would rather (if I were you) simply make a winch down system... or friggin get a new chassis already
Old 11-17-2008, 04:23 PM   #69

Actually I have a chassis in the works too (read: pile of scrap alluminum). I'm going to need a droop set-up to work with the Recon body I just finished painting. As for winch down it's been done so wheres the fun in that !? Innovate or DIE (trying)

Last edited by nathanschmoekel; 11-17-2008 at 04:26 PM. Reason: B-cause
Old 11-17-2008, 04:28 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

I bet the droop setup would help the torque twist considerably
Old 11-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #71

Default Win some loose some....

The monkey motion rear axel thing was bust. during side hilling the wheels just lean under the force of gravity. The torque twist thing was not as bad as I thought. I think that in order for this concept to really work a servo would be needed to force the lean direction, I believe a helicopter gyro could be attached to the rear axel to control the servo without eating up a radio channel.....someday I will revisit this idea.

I did finish my droop "scale" chassis....I just sort of put a frame on top of my AX-10 chassis. It is an aluminum rectangle 16in x 4.5in mounted to the shock towers, this gave me a place to mount the shocks over the axels and a platform to mount the batt and electronics pretty much like a scale chassis. It is a bit "quick and dirty" but was easy to construct and works rather well.

Another thing I created is a drive shaft disconnect...Its old school compared to modern dig systems ,but it functions, and its fun to have one more button to play with. I built it with stuff I had laying around so it didn't cost me a thing. I can't wait to see how loud James laughs when he sees it.

Check out the "Friction coupling driveshaft" Thread if you get a chance...Interesting concepts in the works
Old 11-24-2008, 04:27 AM   #72
RCC Addict

Quote:
The monkey motion rear axel thing was bust. during side hilling the wheels just lean under the force of gravity. The torque twist thing was not as bad as I thought. I think that in order for this concept to really work a servo would be needed to force the lean direction, I believe a helicopter gyro could be attached to the rear axel to control the servo without eating up a radio channel.....someday I will revisit this idea.
I read the first sentence, then kids pulled me away to help them.
As I was walking back I thought to myself if a Gyro would control it automatically?? - You know..Great Minds.

Gyros = $50++?

This was bench 'think as you build' stuff, like the first 1:6 Jeep I built.
I learned a bit building but not totally suceeding.

What is the body on your 1:6 scaler?
Old 11-27-2008, 05:27 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Cool I Hope you are having a great *Bird-Day* too Brotha's

And Don't go over EatinG yourself either....!!!
Old 11-27-2008, 06:26 PM   #74
RCC Addict

Over in Saginaw right now and Mom-in-laws.
Thought about bringing my trucks, the Saginaw group has a pretty big group, and some indoor stuff. But I promised the wife I wouldn't.

1.9 project is at home on bench. Axles are done. Doubled shortened TLTs. Wheels and tires on the way. Link material and ends are here. Need to lock the Stealth tranny.

Happy Turkey day!
Old 11-27-2008, 09:32 PM   #75
Quarry Creeper

Turkey is delish...
Old 12-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #76

Default Winter Driving

Well I've finally had a chance to try my tire chains. Not very impressive. Cool for the driveway, but don't help at all on my snow covered course. I guess this just isn't a winter sport.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:51 PM   #77
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Well I've finally had a chance to try my tire chains. Not very impressive. Cool for the driveway, but don't help at all on my snow covered course. I guess this just isn't a winter sport.
Cover the course in a tarp
Old 12-03-2008, 04:52 PM   #78
Pebble Pounder

do they look scale?

do they look cool?

if yes to the above...

can u make a set for my 1.9s....lol
saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:56 PM   #79

They are scale..ish. They look kick-ass (my opinion). I can teach you, young jedi, but you must construct your own lightsaber.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:04 PM   #80
Pebble Pounder

when do i start my training ...my master
saul is offline   Reply With Quote