Thread: Caution Thin ICE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 04:15 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Caution Thin ICE

CAUTION THIN ICE!!!!

Clean up.

[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Last edited by hitman46mod; 12-06-2009 at 04:18 PM.
hitman46mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

hope you guys have all your shots up to date the muck looks like fun
twistedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:17 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Thanks for coming out Jesse, had a good time.

love the pic at the car wash haha
rcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:37 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Looks like you guys had a good day of crawling :-D
JUSTGOINGSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:59 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTGOINGSLOW View Post
Looks like you guys had a good day of crawling :-D
crawling?
rm25x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:03 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm25x View Post
crawling?
We knew what he meant
Old 12-06-2009, 06:55 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Scott the JEEP looks bad ass When are you gonna sell it to me? Glad to see the Hotness back in action Jesse

Later,
Farmer
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 07:15 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ Farmer View Post
Scott the JEEP looks bad ass When are you gonna sell it to me? Glad to see the Hotness back in action Jesse

Later,
Farmer
Thanks man, but she's no wreckluse Those HPI grabbers and RC4WD scale shocks work awsome.
I couldn't very well sell my only working rig could I? Thou I do have a JK in the works but far from done, trying to make a real scaler.

I like how my trade mark are the fact that my shoes end up in every pic where my truck is, I was telling jesse it's time to get a 2.4ghz for some decent signals. Let me know if anyone finds a deal on a used 3ch.

Last edited by rcracer; 12-06-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

I would never ever do that to one of my rigs. Its almost painful for me to watch you guys play in the mud. My imagination starts to imagine all the parts getting worn down by grit and grime. Gear boxes getting filled with mud and contaminating the grease. Gears grinding away. Screws rusting and decaying away. And those poor motors. Its horrible. I literally wince when I see pictures and video of the abuse.
Ripperfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:08 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripperfi View Post
I would never ever do that to one of my rigs. Its almost painful for me to watch you guys play in the mud. My imagination starts to imagine all the parts getting worn down by grit and grime. Gear boxes getting filled with mud and contaminating the grease. Gears grinding away. Screws rusting and decaying away. And those poor motors. Its horrible. I literally wince when I see pictures and video of the abuse.

We have rough winters with salt ridden roads, we get used to rust and decay on our daily drivers. We cope :-P
Old 12-06-2009, 09:00 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

I know all about winter driving and salt corrosion. Although, I think they switched to de-icer instead of salt. Anyways, I have no problem getting my 1:1 dirty. Hell I dont even wash it. But to do that to an RC, is maddening.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:05 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

that is cool !!! i like those rigs!!
super samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:29 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I know all about winter driving and salt corrosion. Although, I think they switched to de-icer instead of salt. Anyways, I have no problem getting my 1:1 dirty. Hell I dont even wash it. But to do that to an RC, is maddening.
no offense but you'd neglect a 1:1 multi-$$$$ daily driver but not a $300 or so toy? You work with what you got and trail riding is what Michigan can provide most, you happen to be blessed with beautiful natural landscape of rocky terrain that is nicely dry. the best we have to rocks are gathered stones and boulders.

If they made the switch from salt I'm glad but what will the city blame all these pot-holes on next?

I do need to repack the axles and trans with diff grease and "slick-50" the bearings, spray cleaner on the motor. I look at it this way, it could be a lot worse, I could be doing the same exact thing to a $10,000 real truck or a much cheaper toy. granted not as much fun as the real thing but worth my time and effort on my current budget

Last edited by rcracer; 12-07-2009 at 07:31 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:37 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

I live in the desert now but I grew up in washington state. Didnt know the de-icer caused pot holes. Works a hell of a lot better than salt though. Neglect my o3 dodge ram quad door extended bed hemi? Yea, Im guilty of that. It runs synthetic lucas 10-w30 and havent changed the oil in about 7 thousand miles. It also needs brakes but I dont stop that often so ill get to it next year. Its dirty, I think I washed it 2 years ago when I was in washington. Well, thats not true. It gets washed every time it rains here. I think my comment was taken out of context. I was just being comedic. However, I would never do that to one of my rigs. Ive got a lot more than 300 dollars into it and Im obsessive compulsive over it. I would be cleaning it for days and I hate cleaning. I think the scale stuff is pretty cool. Its not my thing but I do appreciate the videos. I was being honest when i said it was painful to watch. That doesnt mean you shouldnt keep doing what your doing! Actually, some carnage shots of the internals would really be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer View Post
no offense but you'd neglect a 1:1 multi-$$$$ daily driver but not a $300 or so toy? You work with what you got and trail riding is what Michigan can provide most, you happen to be blessed with beautiful natural landscape of rocky terrain that is nicely dry. the best we have to rocks are gathered stones and boulders.

If they made the switch from salt I'm glad but what will the city blame all these pot-holes on next?

I do need to repack the axles and trans with diff grease and "slick-50" the bearings, spray cleaner on the motor. I look at it this way, it could be a lot worse, I could be doing the same exact thing to a $10,000 real truck or a much cheaper toy. granted not as much fun as the real thing but worth my time and effort on my current budget
Old 12-07-2009, 10:08 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I live in the desert now but I grew up in washington state. Didnt know the de-icer caused pot holes. Works a hell of a lot better than salt though. Neglect my o3 dodge ram quad door extended bed hemi? Yea, Im guilty of that. It runs synthetic lucas 10-w30 and havent changed the oil in about 7 thousand miles. It also needs brakes but I dont stop that often so ill get to it next year. Its dirty, I think I washed it 2 years ago when I was in washington. Well, thats not true. It gets washed every time it rains here. I think my comment was taken out of context. I was just being comedic. However, I would never do that to one of my rigs. Ive got a lot more than 300 dollars into it and Im obsessive compulsive over it. I would be cleaning it for days and I hate cleaning. I think the scale stuff is pretty cool. Its not my thing but I do appreciate the videos. I was being honest when i said it was painful to watch. That doesnt mean you shouldnt keep doing what your doing! Actually, some carnage shots of the internals would really be interesting.
Ever try that oil, royal purple? many swear it's proven quality oil.

I meant if they did switch to de-icer that's great but the roads here are terrible and the city always blames it on the weather or salt on the roads. If they switch to de-icer I can only imagine what the excuse of the year will be and not poor construction they spent our money on

no prob, if you were being comedic that's cool but to everyone else they are just words so throw in a few 's or and all is good.

Last edited by rcracer; 12-07-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:21 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer View Post
Ever try that oil, royal purple? many swear it's proven quality oil.
Proven to fail in all turbo vehicles
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:46 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
Proven to fail in all turbo vehicles
speaking from experience? No product is 100% but to say "ALL" turbo vehicles is kinda steep.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:03 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Ok, proven to fail in typically most quality made turbo cars (Mitsu, Nissan, Subaru). Also Mobil One is pretty bad in Mitsu's and Subaru's.

Hmm...I'm now so far off topic.

Jesse was so happy when the Hotness fell in I bet. He likes to play in the mud a lot. I didn't know Scott liked mud though.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:17 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
Ok, proven to fail in typically most quality made turbo cars (Mitsu, Nissan, Subaru). Also Mobil One is pretty bad in Mitsu's and Subaru's.

Hmm...I'm now so far off topic.

Jesse was so happy when the Hotness fell in I bet. He likes to play in the mud a lot. I didn't know Scott liked mud though.
I'm a closet mudder that knows his oil haha
Jesse's rig pierced the ice...and then the builder of the construction site showed up
he was cool with it and actually encouraged us to park closer next time.

Last edited by rcracer; 12-07-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:21 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Got the first dusting of snow here cant wait for some ice drifting action. Looked like a good time..

Quote:
WOW thats a news flash I guess Ohio didnt get.. The giant silo's full of salt must be for something else..

And De'icer's are not all really better for corrosion either calcium chloride is pretty freaking corrosive.
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote