Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Michigan

Notices

Thread: GTG/ Camping/ family fun rc adventure.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 07:19 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default GTG/ Camping/ family fun rc adventure.

Does your ole lady get on you and bitch about the money and time you spend on your crawling experiences? Are you sick of hearing "you don't spend enough time and money on me"?
Well gents (and ladies if there are any out there I just havenet met any yet ) I have a solution.
This past weekend at the dexter mi comp we talked a little about a trip. I have been reading in the forums as well that people want to get up north go some where that would be epic for crawling but how many of our wives and girlfriends are ok with that. So let's just do it! Take the whole family along if you want.
I have an rv that I would be willing to take up we could all car pool if people wanted. Bring campers tents whatever it may be.
I know that the winter season is among us so let's start planning now even though it seems like forever until the warm seasons start again but if people don't plan now only a handful of people will show.
So here is what we need to do PLAN!
What roundabout dates can everyone take off next year whether a weekend during the school year or after let's try to make some sort of plan on when.
also do not forget where, throw in your ideas any suggestions like tequananon falls ( no idea how to spell that one) or Mackinac somewhere the family will have fun as well.

Im not saying I plan on hosting any event or gtg just something everyone chips into something people can enjoy with their family ... pretty much a social event.
So start asking around throw ideas out there invite anyone from any state with any class rig and let's keep it cheap and have fun.

Last edited by foratm; 11-01-2011 at 12:50 AM. Reason: more eye catching title.
foratm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2011, 11:53 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Good idea Aaron!! Way to step up buddy!!

I say sometime during the summer break so the families can go.
The Real Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Right on that's what im thinking sometime during a break of school where most people try to do something anyways.
Also if people can think of place ideas we have all winter to look for group discounts on camping and what not.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Be a good Idea to scout something first then plan that as a destination for everyone. If you could find a campground with some rocks that would be great. you could do a GTG and a comp all in the same weekend, comp rigs, scalers, sc trucks, boats.....whatever you got.

May want to change the title in this a little, it might get more intrest....just saying
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:33 PM   #5
RCC Addict

yeah,, what that guy said!!!
The Real Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:41 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I went to a pretty cool campground in Grand haven last spring it had tons of rocks. The only problem was it was more of a paved parking lot than a "Camp" ground.
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:48 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Thanks for thinking of us WiRCRC guys, I bet we could put a crew together and head up nort' . Summer break would probably work best for most. Let's keep the chatter going and see how it all shakes out. I'm always up for a GTG/campout/rc adventure!
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:17 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

are we thinking way up north like the U.P.
crawlinisfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:41 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Sure that's one of the ideas we are open for anywhere that someone has been before that has scouted an area out so any idea.thrown out there will be considered in a whole and I want everyone to be able to plan together and carpool cause I know money can be tight. So if everyone gets together and works together we can keep it fairly cheap for sure.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:45 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailDawg362 View Post
Thanks for thinking of us WiRCRC guys, I bet we could put a crew together and head up nort' . Summer break would probably work best for most. Let's keep the chatter going and see how it all shakes out. I'm always up for a GTG/campout/rc adventure!
dats good to hear. You guys are always invited as long as you bring da beer eh!
I love me some sprecher.
Anyways we hope to get this going and see you guys there.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:27 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

This sounds like a really good time I'm in.
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Default Re: GTG/ Camping/ family fun rc adventure.

Any up dates on locations? I realize it's winter and all but has anybody done any scouting? Just curious, Thinking about this summer already
Old 01-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Well as far as cheap camping theres always the state campgrounds and forests ...just put up a piece of paper with your names and plate numbers...dont get much cheaper then that.

And as far as location...theres plenty but I havnt found one thats kind of an all around crawler spot, I hunt alot of michigan and I'm always finding rocks or sand hills or trails. We dont want the comp guys to be bored or the scale guys pissed when there $$$$ falls from 30' and poof your awesome weekend is over...

and as far as the wives....well thats all on you guys mine hates my crawlers and rc but she loves some camping so I'll give her the ultimatum and see whether I end up on the couch or not

Either way I'm in and I will deff be doing some scouting.
Diesel-tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:19 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel-tech View Post
Well as far as cheap camping theres always the state campgrounds and forests ...just put up a piece of paper with your names and plate numbers...dont get much cheaper then that.

And as far as location...theres plenty but I havnt found one thats kind of an all around crawler spot, I hunt alot of michigan and I'm always finding rocks or sand hills or trails. We dont want the comp guys to be bored or the scale guys pissed when there $$$$ falls from 30' and poof your awesome weekend is over...

and as far as the wives....well thats all on you guys mine hates my crawlers and rc but she loves some camping so I'll give her the ultimatum and see whether I end up on the couch or not

Either way I'm in and I will deff be doing some scouting.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #15

As a newer member I think it be a great pland! Be nice to meet some of ya guys and your families.

I get a real joy reading all your inputs and wish I could give some also, soon.

Petoskey, charlevoix and Traverse bay area with visit a lot but really did not scout much for crawlin'.

If ya need research and any "contributions"-adult beverages,reservations,food ,etc. my family and I are all in!

Baby new year brought me a new Trail Honcho ep RTR and stoked to bust it.

Happy Trails !

ld markey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:30 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Just my $0.02, but how about "Silver Lake Campground/RV park" it's in Hart/Mears, MI. Not too far up north to drive, but just enough to feel like a nice vacation destination. The Silver lake sand dunes are there and there were lots of rocks and places to crawl in the campground and nearby state park; not to mention all kinds of fun stuff to do in town. Great place to visit and fun for the whole family. My family loves it there! It's worth a look.

Sent from my Star Trek communicator from the bowels of outer space ;)
DiggyStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:34 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

I like the idea of silver lake. I havent been there since i was 7 years old or so.
I really cant remember if there is much rock there though.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:56 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

I take the jeep there afew times through the summer, but haven't stayed at the campgrounds for years, I camp about 15-20 miles from there in the national forest for free. Wouldn't doing a GTG like this though.
Joe&Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #19

Was wondering if ya guys were up for this trip still? Use to go to the U.P. often several years back, Drummond Island -Far eastern U.P. De tour , that area. Newbie input warning-May be hard on the wives and kids? As those who have been up to "God's Counrty" not much to - well mean not a lot shopping, amusements - you know "Women Things"
That area does have late season state fair and festivals I think still.
Drummond Island used to be pretty rugged but has come a long ways. Not sure on camping, they closed only campground down long time ago. Trails and beach areas are there. They use to run Jeep Jamboree there also. Big issue is the ferry across- Seasonal schedules. The drive is what it is for me and my family(Monroe County). Once over the bridge, into st. Ignace I believe it's another hour at the most?
Just an idea throwing out there.
If this might be a good idea for you all let me know I will do research into-Have family on Island
Take care . Happy crawlin' and scalin'
ld markey is offline   Reply With Quote