Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Michigan

Notices

Thread: Howdy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2014, 09:08 PM   #1

Default Howdy

Hi Guys, I'm new.. I was talking to a customer and they told me about this site. I decided I needed a hobby. So I just picked up a SCX10 and a Wraith Poison Spyder and a summit. (ok I went a bit overboard).

Hoping to get some ideas from you guys as far as mod's and such.
jeffn49509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2014, 10:36 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Howdy

welcome!!!!

Wraiths are fun when they are fast, slam the suspension and add a sensored brushless system 10.5-ish. Move the battery under the hood and have fun.

Weight the wheels on the SCX and just drive it. Mostly a good truck out of the box.

Find a group to run with, this makes things way more fun.
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:16 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

we are meeting up today/saturday at 5:30, 36th st just east of East Beltline, the pond on north side of road. Come on out and join us.
Joe&Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:18 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Welcome. There's a vast amount of knowledge on these forums, if you cant find it in a search feel free to pick people's brains for the info you need.

The factory Wraith needs some upgrades out of the box. Steering links, servo, motor, and speed control. Aside from that it'll do good till you start breaking things / decide to upgrade. Be careful with the stronger motors in it, things get expensive real fast once your addicted.
Sevastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:04 PM   #5

Tnx for the invite. I didn't get out of work until after 6 today and its my weekend with the munchkin. I'm itching to get out and play with them though. Hoping for nice weather this coming week.

Any preferences on tires on the SCX10 or the Wraith?

Also the suggestion on weighting the wheels? Just using some flexible lead weights or?
Old 04-27-2014, 05:54 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

For tires, I like pit-bull rock beast's or RC4wd irocks on my SCX. the stock tires work very well in the wraith, my second choice would be proline super swampers.

For weight, most guys just use the narrow stick on kind. I have checked with Belle and Discount tire and they seem pretty weird about selling it and most of the time want an outrageous amount of money for just a few strips. I found a local auto parts supplier that will sell a 5lb box for about $25 bucks....this should be enough to do a few rigs.

My Wraith was always heavy enough I never weighted the wheels, plus I liked it really fast and didn,t want all that weight spinning putting extra stress on the drive train.
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:50 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Welcome!
Sounds like you are off to a good start.
Post or PM any questions you might have.
There are 20+ of us in the area. Usually 4+ of us get together almost every weekend or so.
Any good spots for a trail run around in you in Wyoming?
sweli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:11 PM   #8

Well.. A few places around Wyoming. I was talking to Dave who owns Walters RC park in Saranac and he is willing to build (already has started per my request) a place to play. He's looking for some experienced folks to give him some ideas if anyone is interested hit them up on facebook. I think he calls it walters rc raceway. (he does everything from planes to boats to rc cars out there).

I'm hoping to finally get out and play this weekend! Hoping Sunday is a nice day. Might try and pop over to one of the local parks just to goof around.

Howdy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new here, Howdy! hillbillyrc Newbie General 2 01-15-2012 10:23 AM
Howdy From N.GA nvineyard Axial AX-10 Scorpion 8 12-31-2009 05:36 PM
Just want to say howdy everyone. buildit breakit Chit Chat 1 01-08-2009 03:46 PM
Howdy NE79 Nebraska 6 08-10-2008 07:24 AM