Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Michigan

Notices

Thread: Honcho's House GTG/Chit Chat Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2014, 07:02 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Honcho's House GTG Planning/Chit Chat Thread

So since the first GTG went so well let's do it again guys! How about we set the next one up for Saturday July 12, 2014.

So let's discuss what would like to be done at the next one, jeff I know you had some ideas and lee I know you want to do a pull off. If anyone else has something awesome they would like to do chime in please.

I'm sure I could hold rock and ultra4 races here with out a problem to so that also an option.

Also in order for me to keep expanding I'm going to have to charge so kind of admission. I figured 5$ a day per person would not be bad. That includes using power to charge. Also there will be no charge for children under 12 years old. I really never wanted to charge but in order for this to get bigger and bigger I'm gonna have to guys sorry. But all the admission will go right back into making everything bigger and better and helping me buy tools and materials to maintain the beast in the back yard.

Thanks for all the support guys I really appreciate it
Lee

And I you got any pics from yesterday please post them up I want to send a link to my grandma in Florida she really wants to see why my backyard looks the way it does lol.

Last edited by Honchoforever1; 05-26-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Honchoforever1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2014, 10:09 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Honcho's House GTG/Chit Chat Thread

def good times!! What an awesome day!!

$5/day is a very reasonable cost to keep this going and adding to the fun!! I would be willing to kick in alittle extra to help!

And yeah a pull off, or tug of war. Tank trap style runs, lots of ideas!!
The Real Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:59 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Yesterday was awesome! My sunburned neck can attest to that.

$5 a day is a good idea. It's cheap fun, and more than reasonable. Plus I know it would go to good use (I.E. repairing the broken scale railings, yard maintenance, etc.) Plus I think it would make the wife more tollerant of us as well.

Sorry I couldnt stay longer and help you clean up. Met some friends for dinner, and didnt get home till 2am as it was. heh

Willing to bet we could integrate the short course and the rock course to some degree. I also keep thinking about that mountain of dirt (switchbacks) and your suspension bridge idea.. Will let you know if I come up with any ideas.
Sevastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:28 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I have no problem dropping a few bucks to run, that is expected or just common courtesy. Lee don't be afraid to ask people for money to use your backyard, 1:1 off road parks do it why is this any different.

1.) I wouldn't mind doing a night run where the only lights allowed must be truck mounted. This would also change it up a little so were not out in the hot sun when it starts to get a little warmer later in the season.

2.) We need to put our heads together and come up with some basic "follow the leader" rules. write them down so we have something to follow. IMO winching and tow straps is hilarious and make running these trucks more fun.

3.) For sale/swap/Trade area someplace in the backyard, we all have something to get rid of.

This is just a few things I can think of right now, if anyone has any ideas post em up.
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:22 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

All great ideas Jeff! I like the night idea to get around the heat as well. Or just a later day into night type.

Paying to have fun is normal. And $5 to a guy who wants us to have fun is a deal. You open your yard and course $5 is nothing to help keep it there and events happening.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:20 PM   #6
RCC Addict

$5.00, a yard like that, set up for comps, Ultra4, BBQ (I just threw that in) - Count me in! And I will gladly donate again for materials. Also if you need hands on assistance please feel free to pm me as I am in Commerce and usually can get free on a given night after work or a weekend. Thanks again for extending the invite last weekend.
joe122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:03 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Had an awesome time! My yota ended up being quite bruised ... Pun intended! Lol

Seriously I would love to throw down some cash and do this again. I would really like to run some gates and make a mini scale comp out of it, like a g6 style, and make the track part of the obsticals!!

Thanks again!
twilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 02:04 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Any idea of when the next gathering is maybe I overlooked it
Ok now that I re read I found it sorry I'm Slow
slow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:16 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Hope to have my rig done by then, I ordered a box of ambition but it hasn't shown up yet. back order?....
Old 06-12-2014, 07:23 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I've been thinking maybe a nighttime g6 type run, and thoughts?
Old 06-12-2014, 07:59 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Yep! Let's do it in like 2 weeks or more and on a Friday or Saturday night with a Bon fire, cumbya and the night trail lit up only by 1/10 scale lights!!

I think those are some pretty good thoughts!!
The Real Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:04 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Dogman View Post
Yep! Let's do it in like 2 weeks or more and on a Friday or Saturday night with a Bon fire, cumbya and the night trail lit up only by 1/10 scale lights!!

I think those are some pretty good thoughts!!
It would be held on the next event day which is Saturday July 12 2014
Old 06-24-2014, 12:48 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

So July 12th will be here before we know it guys so we will be having a g6 style night run. So this means lights are pretty much gonna be a must on the trucks and there's going to be some g6 type rules and I think we should break the 2.2 and 1.9 trucks up.

My wife and son are going out of town from Friday night til Sunday. I'm going to be doing a lot of work out back as far as weed control. I've been really busy since the last time everyone was over and it's getting a little over grown. So if anyone wants to help this weekend I'll get some burgers and beers and pop for anyone who gives me a hand.

Thanks for the support guys and hopefully I'll see a few of you this weekend

Lee
Old 06-24-2014, 08:04 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honchoforever1 View Post
So July 12th will be here before we know it guys so we will be having a g6 style night run. So this means lights are pretty much gonna be a must on the trucks and there's going to be some g6 type rules and I think we should break the 2.2 and 1.9 trucks up.

My wife and son are going out of town from Friday night til Sunday. I'm going to be doing a lot of work out back as far as weed control. I've been really busy since the last time everyone was over and it's getting a little over grown. So if anyone wants to help this weekend I'll get some burgers and beers and pop for anyone who gives me a hand.

Thanks for the support guys and hopefully I'll see a few of you this weekend

Lee
Hello Lee, unluckily we have out of town company in on the July 12th weekend but I would gladly stop over this weekend and give you a hand for couple hours if that will help. What time will the "RC Bachelor" be getting started out back? Next time for sure! I agree with splitting the trucks up BTW.
joe122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:10 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

I can help saturday afternoon and bring a few trucks over to do a G6 prerun after we get the work done.

Last edited by BLKXJ 96; 06-25-2014 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:28 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

I will be out with a buddy right next to you shooting at the range around noon, I will stop by and help out with blkxj after. I will Try and bring another hand as well.
twilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:03 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe122 View Post
Hello Lee, unluckily we have out of town company in on the July 12th weekend but I would gladly stop over this weekend and give you a hand for couple hours if that will help. What time will the "RC Bachelor" be getting started out back? Next time for sure! I agree with splitting the trucks up BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKXJ 96 View Post
I can help saturday afternoon and bring a few trucks over to do a G6 prerun after we get the work done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight View Post
I will be out with a buddy right next to you shooting at the range around noon, I will stop by and help out with blkxj after. I will Try and bring another hand as well.
Sounds good guys . I got some stuff to make burgers so I'll make lunch I should be home all day. Unless I get any service calls, but if that's the case I won't be gone long

Thanks for the support guys!
Lee
Old 06-26-2014, 07:43 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Im looking at 2:30/3:00-ish I have a few things I need to get done around the house. I will get a hold of you before I come over.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:10 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Not sure about anyone else, but I am starting to get the scale bug lately. Just sayin........
Old 01-17-2015, 07:55 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Hello fellas, just moved from Traverse to the Owosso area and am hoping to find a place to run my scx10.
I'm a noob to crawling but have been in rc for some time.
I run a lot of 2wd sc up north but no where to do it down here.
Being putting a lot of cash in my scx10 hoping to find a good place to learn crawling and have some fun.
Perhaps I'll get to meet some of you this summer.
billy bones is offline   Reply With Quote

Honcho's House GTG/Chit Chat Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
****Chit Chat Thread**** rcracer Michigan 3125 05-02-2016 09:32 AM
ARCC Chit Chat Thread helhedded Arkansas 84 01-26-2013 10:21 AM
Hawaii Chit-Chat Thread DISTURBIN' tha PEACE Hawaii 261 12-29-2011 11:04 PM
Why Close A Chit Chat Thread? Robb Chit Chat 12 03-04-2009 08:06 PM