RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Michigan (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/michigan/)
-   -   Opportunity for Michigan RC Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/michigan/567817-opportunity-michigan-rc-crawlers.html)

Fudd 07-18-2016 09:26 AM

Opportunity for Michigan RC Crawlers

I have a close association with the manager for the Rocks and Valleys off-road park in Harrision Michigan. We're going to put in a rc rock crawl course or trail of some sort and I could use some input from the Michigan rc rock crawling community on the best direction to take with it.

Quite often we notice that rc cars are brought along with the full-size rigs and they end up running around the parking lot. In order to add some extra value to visiting the park, and some additional safety, we recently built a short course for the fast buggies and trucks-

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...psjpnuq9zd.jpg

In addition we were going to create a trail with some rock obstacles for rc crawlers, but now that I'm getting involved more I'm hoping to do something more. I'd like to hold competitions on site too.

My main question is do we have enough people within driving distance to hold an occasional competition?

Seems like there are a number of different directions we could take competitions. What are the largest number of crawlers into? Standard type rock crawling courses mapped out with cones? G6? U4RC? Something else I'm not familiar with?

Considering the amount of rock we have around the park and the equipment we have to build with, there is potential to do something kind of special if the demand is there for it?

If you're a decision maker in an organized group of rc crawling competitors here in Michigan please give me your opinions or even send me a pm and we can arrange to talk by phone. I'd like to hear your valuable input. Especially if you're looking for an additional venue to hold competitive events.

Or if you're an individual feel free to chime in too. Maybe we have enough people that don't belong to a group that we can create one and take it from there? Where are you located and what kind of competition would you like to see?

CM9000 07-22-2016 09:18 AM

Re: Opportunity for Michigan RC Crawlers

ask everybody on 313crawlers on facebook.

im sure some would join and chime in.

farmer is close but I think he is usually busy.

not a whole lot of comps in Michigan anymore...

and sometimes.. or most of the time comps are held on Saturdays.

I race 3 classes almost every weekend out of the year on Saturdays.

if these comps/ races are on sundays ill be there. no doubt. I think im an hour away tops.

Fudd 07-22-2016 12:01 PM

Facebook, ugh. Hate facebook. Unorganized hard to navigate mess. Everybody else sure loves it though. :/

From the lack of response I was kind of figuring comps of any sort might be a lost cause. Guess we'll just stick to the original idea and make a trail for our own entertainment. I'll take a look at 313crawlers like you mentioned though.

I see your info says Detroit, so I'm guessing you thought I meant Harrison Township, not "Harrison" the city well north of Lansing?

Thanks Crawlingman.

CM9000 07-27-2016 02:59 PM

aw man that's far... damn. well.. if there so becomes a "race" track.. ill be more than willing to come up once a month or so.

keep the jumps small for a fast track. and ill let the crawlers tag along for some fun.

rcaddict747 09-03-2016 05:12 AM

The 313crawlers don't do much outside their area. Check out Michigan scale crawlers. They're more widespread. I hosted a large g6 in Gladwin the beginning of August

rcaddict747 09-03-2016 05:17 AM

In my opinion people seem to be more drawn to the g6 stuff. The trail ride aspect is what people like. That being said their is a handful of guys that like the scale comps more.
The g6 I put on in august brought in 90 drivers, several from out of state

mjotrainbrain 11-18-2016 05:47 PM

I think making some kind of a course with flags and so forth would be a good way to do it, because anybody could enjoy crawling on it anytime, and in addition the occasional comp could be organized using the same course. I know I would be willing to drive out every now and again.