Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Michigan

Notices

Thread: Where to crawl? Detroit/Oakland County area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2016, 01:39 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Where to crawl? Detroit/Oakland County area

Hey everyone! I'm new to the RC world and already hooked! I'm about to finish up my SCX10.2 Xj here pretty soon and am looking for people/places around the Detroit/Oakland County area to start getting some hours in. I'm really just in it to tinker, enjoy, and spend money (obviously ) but I'd be willing to checkout a comp if it's a laid back environment. I hear too much crap about people at comps being a pain.
TFitzPat87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2016, 08:39 AM   #2

Default Re: Where to crawl? Detroit/Oakland County area

Check out 313 Crawlers and Michigan Scale Crawlers on Facebook. As for me, I like to hit the trail behind OCC at Farmington and 12 mile, Woodland Hills Nature Park, weather permitting.
Fumey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 06:51 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Thanks! Didn't think anyone would ever post in here. I actually work in Novi so I'm not far from Farmington OCC. Not sure I'm familar with Woodland Hills. I may know it, but just didn't know thats what it's called. I actually live in warren though.
Old 12-19-2016, 05:47 AM   #4

South of 12 mile across the OCC Farmington Rd entrance. Yeah, it's a neat spot. A twisty creek, some rocks, some hills, some deer trails. Definitely worth checking out when it warms up. I recommend waterproofing. Up in Davisburg, there's Mill Pond Park- a lot of rocks, but no trails. The 313 group have a few spots around the Livonia /Westland area, but I haven't been able to check them out.
Fumey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 01:22 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumey View Post
South of 12 mile across the OCC Farmington Rd entrance. Yeah, it's a neat spot. A twisty creek, some rocks, some hills, some deer trails. Definitely worth checking out when it warms up. I recommend waterproofing. Up in Davisburg, there's Mill Pond Park- a lot of rocks, but no trails. The 313 group have a few spots around the Livonia /Westland area, but I haven't been able to check them out.
Yeah, I plan on waterproofing everything. Will probably do it soon cause I want to take it out in the snow. ESC is already waterproof (AE-5), and the RX is good since it's in the waterproof container. Just gotta take care of the servo really. I hear brushed motors don't seem to mind water, and everything else is good. Might plastidip the LiPo just to be safe.

Tags
detroit, michigan, oakland, scx10 2

Where to crawl? Detroit/Oakland County area - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3-31-12 @2p in AH -Anyone want to get together in the oakland county area? 95geo Michigan 17 04-02-2012 11:30 PM
Oakland area crawl spots Postclanker California 3 11-27-2011 10:23 PM
Crawlin spots in northern Oakland county Honchoforever1 Michigan 4 10-08-2011 06:19 AM
crawl spots in san diego? east county area SpaceBalls California 0 08-08-2009 08:25 AM
Local plastic supply. (Oakland county) hitman46mod Michigan 16 05-07-2009 10:15 AM