Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: thinking of getting a LMC or trail trekker, couple quick questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 01:43 AM   #1

Default thinking of getting a LMC or trail trekker, couple quick questions

mostly wondering about batteries for them. i know stock is a 150mah 4.8v nimh pack, which seems like some paltry run times. i see that losi offers a 2s lipo pack for some of the other micro vehicles, such as their desert racer truck and the other non crawler types. will a 2s lipo work fine with the micro crawler or does it have different electronics that wont handle it?

also, i guess, where would be the cheapest place to pick up a rtr LMC? ebay has them for around $85 shipped, brand new. of coarse the trekker seems to be $150 everywhere.

Last edited by noremacyug; 04-07-2011 at 02:21 AM.
noremacyug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2011, 07:44 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

The stock electronics will handle 2S LiPo. I'm running a 350mAh 2S Zippy pack in my Trekker and it works great.

- Chris
Gimpy00Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #3

I just bought 2 today , one for me the other for my 4 yr old. they were 150 each and seem nicer than the original crawler, plus we got a free mountain course ( small but fun for my son ) the fake rock course seems ok for cold rainy days. It does take a few hrs to charge up the batts. I need the lipo s and a decent but cheap charger. Brian
cflchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #4

does it still crawl well or does the 2s limit the slow speed abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpy00Wang View Post
The stock electronics will handle 2S LiPo. I'm running a 350mAh 2S Zippy pack in my Trekker and it works great.

- Chris
Old 04-07-2011, 05:32 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Still crawls well. Will be fantastic once I swap out the stock motor for a higher wind.

- Chris
Gimpy00Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:16 AM   #6

i just bought a trail trekker and im new to this but own a real rig and couldnt be happier with my little scaler heres a pic of my trail trekker with a lillte twist

phxcrwler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:21 PM   #7

Nice. What kind of run/charge times are we talking?

(edit) - well i pulled the trigger on the trail trekker tonight. i also went ahead and purchased the 2s 600mah losi rock crawler lipo/charger kit too. the battery was about twice as thick as the stock. but for a 1 hour charge time and what should be much longer run times, the 4 or so hours i spent modding it to hold the battery in the stock spot will be worth it........ i hope. it aint the prettiest and i can clean it up a little more later on, but i still think it will be worth it. the truck is charging right now.... i'll get back to you after a full first run.

Last edited by noremacyug; 04-15-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:42 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpy00Wang View Post

- Chris
How well does the battery fit?

Also, is anyone using the body clip on the piece between the battery compartment and the ESC?
jessecuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessecuster View Post
Also, is anyone using the body clip on the piece between the battery compartment and the ESC?
I am.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by noremacyug View Post
I am.
How are you taking it on and off?
jessecuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessecuster View Post
How are you taking it on and off?
I don't, I just left it in when I charged it. If needed to remove I used needle nose pliers. I'm selling the truck though, only ran it for one cycle, so I've only fooled with it during the modding process.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:30 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Did I understand you correctly? You bought the truck on the 15th and by the 22nd you are selling it? Can I ask why?

I love mine. I am thinking about an 80 or 90 turn motor to get a little slower with the 7.4v 300mAh battery but this thing has decent tires out of the box. Getting some rock crushers just for fun. It comes with a wall charger. Using the little battery it came with in my micro dessert truck. I was thinking about buying a second so I could put miniQLOs on it and make a little comp style crawler.

So, you're selling your new trekker? How much?
bouncingbabyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncingbabyboy View Post
Did I understand you correctly? You bought the truck on the 15th and by the 22nd you are selling it? Can I ask why?

I love mine. I am thinking about an 80 or 90 turn motor to get a little slower with the 7.4v 300mAh battery but this thing has decent tires out of the box. Getting some rock crushers just for fun. It comes with a wall charger. Using the little battery it came with in my micro dessert truck. I was thinking about buying a second so I could put miniQLOs on it and make a little comp style crawler.

So, you're selling your new trekker? How much?
Actually, I posted it for sale the day after I bought it. I pulled it out of the box, modded it, ran it for one cycle and just decided its not for me. I'd rather have spent my money on upgrading my honcho. I have it up in the fs section. Just want to get my money back for what I spent on the truck and the 600mah lipo, which is $200 shipped. It could be put back to stock if a person wanted easy nuff or the stock battery could put in the current battery compartment. I like the run time of the 600mah though.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:20 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by noremacyug View Post
mostly wondering about batteries for them. i know stock is a 150mah 4.8v nimh pack, which seems like some paltry run times. i see that losi offers a 2s lipo pack for some of the other micro vehicles, such as their desert racer truck and the other non crawler types. will a 2s lipo work fine with the micro crawler or does it have different electronics that wont handle it?

also, i guess, where would be the cheapest place to pick up a rtr LMC? ebay has them for around $85 shipped, brand new. of coarse the trekker seems to be $150 everywhere.

The Trail Trekker comes with a 4.8v 220mah Nimh battery, You can drop in a 7.4v LIPO and Dynamite batteries sells one that is 180mah and already has the correct connector on the battery. The Trail Trekkers ESC has a built in cut off for lipos and it's an amazing little scale 4x4. I bought mine on amazon and paid 149.00 and I had a $25 gift card.
Grumpster1980 is offline   Reply With Quote