Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Losi Trekker Mods!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 03:00 AM   #1

Default Losi Trekker Mods!!!

Just got my Trekker and added the scale Hummer body.
First Mod done was to remove the spacer from the shocks.

I have been looking though other threads for mods but some are quite vague on which model the mods are done, Losi? Micro, Trekker, other makes??

What are the Good and Useful Mods for the Trekker (scaler).

I did see one mod which I cant find again! 2 battery packs wired and fitted saddle style, Any views?

Also wheel weights! everyone seems to say do this But what's the best way? how to get the tyres off without damage? and How much weight?

I know I know its all been covered but finding definitive ways and what's good is hard to work out.
Tom@Crewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #2

Default Re: Losi Trekker Mods!!!

I am kind of new myself. Ihave a trekker as well, I cut the tires off the rim with a razor blade after removing the inside beadlock. The beadlick is fake. I have removed the foam inserts and added bb's to the inside of the tires (loose) 10grams in each front and 8 grams to each rear. Re glued with superglue in a few spots. Let it dry a bit before puting the beadlock back on.
cannaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Remove the rings
Put your tires and wheels in the freezer for a few minutes
Glue is then brittle enough to pull the tire off with your fingers
parker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #4

I should have listened to Parker88

Just tried the Boiling method, I did one tyre too long it deformed, and two ripped. perhaps my fault first time tried this small a tyre, perhaps the tyres at this size just not enough rudder thickness.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

RC4WD sells tires and aluminum beadlocks for the TT

http://store.rc4wd.com/Losi-Micro-cr...el_p_1105.html
Grumpster1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:31 AM   #6

Whats the best option to get more speed out of my micro trekker? I'm new to the scene, any help
Is appreciated.
Atasnailspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:07 PM   #7

I have 4 new standard tyres coming cost less the £10 and here tomorrow.

I will look in the future at upgrades ( problem with RC4WD is delivery time, and from what I understand delivery time can be 2 - 8 weeks and some UK customers have problems)

and 'atasnailspace' I don't want speed more torque and control is what I look for.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atasnailspace View Post
Whats the best option to get more speed out of my micro trekker? I'm new to the scene, any help
Is appreciated.

change the pinion

get a lipo

why faster, to get to the next spot faster?

low and slow, thats how i roll!!
MaD222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Hi guys, just got my trekker last week. In general, what are the options for replacing the body (preferably with clear lexan body so I can paint)? And more specifically, any good ideals for jeep JKU body on a micro trail trekker? I know that there's not a lot out there (if any) for losi micro trail trekker specifically, so I'd like to know what other bodies are good starting points for 1/24 scale body replacement.
agent00111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent00111 View Post
Hi guys, just got my trekker last week. In general, what are the options for replacing the body (preferably with clear lexan body so I can paint)? And more specifically, any good ideals for jeep JKU body on a micro trail trekker? I know that there's not a lot out there (if any) for losi micro trail trekker specifically, so I'd like to know what other bodies are good starting points for 1/24 scale body replacement.
what must people do it find a 1/24 or 1/25 plastic scale model and make adjustments so that it can mount to the trekker frame
Smokem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #11

What would the lipo do for 'speedyness'? There is a Losi lipo system on the order sheet I got with the trucks, probably a safe bet?
Atasnailspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:35 PM   #12

i heard it makes it faster but also make the throttle very "sensitive," i heard its a lot easier to control with the original battery
jdm06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

True, the lipo definitely takes some getting used to. I just picked one up a week ago, and while it does come in handy for popping over a lip and general thrashing up hill, it is harder to control throttle is very touchy. but overall I dig it. Longer run times & more capable.
Still use my old nimh for some technical crawls..

Hail To Scale
TekmoCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

if your looking for speed, you purchased the wrong truck!
Slambaam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:06 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

I cut every second lug of the stock wheels for a little more bit I also have a Chevy stepside body YouTube: Chevy trail trekker at the rock pit
Dr.Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

I trimmed the bed to for and cut the part of the headache rack from the stock body with the post holes to hold the body on along with holes in the bed
Dr.Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:21 AM   #17

There are two options for speed:

1. Stock motor with lipo and pinion change.
2. Predator motor hand wound from getbent or other vendor often on e-bay or in vendor section in this forum. I believe they hand wind 90 to 110 turn from the double ball bearing micro T brushed hop up motor, can't remember what company makes it, but it is imported from overseas.

These combos, provide great torque, speed, and are controlable. (Speed is relatively fast for size and being a crawler.)

You can use the 1/36 brushless losi excelorin and a seperate receiver, only recommended if you are going to make a FOFF though for crawling it is useless.
ashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashman View Post
There are two options for speed:

1. Stock motor with lipo and pinion change.
2. Predator motor hand wound from getbent or other vendor often on e-bay or in vendor section in this forum. I believe they hand wind 90 to 110 turn from the double ball bearing micro T brushed hop up motor, can't remember what company makes it, but it is imported from overseas.

These combos, provide great torque, speed, and are controlable. (Speed is relatively fast for size and being a crawler.)

You can use the 1/36 brushless losi excelorin and a seperate receiver, only recommended if you are going to make a FOFF though for crawling it is useless.

Danally makes the predators now. send him a pm and hell be able to wind you one to your liking.
Slambaam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:04 AM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Default Losi Trekker Mods!!!

First Mod Should be the Aluminum Gear Box and Spur Gear From Hot Racing. Glue the Spur Gear to the Slipper Clutch Plates when you rebuild the tranny. If you already have a wobble in the Spur than order a new Losi Slipper for the rebuild.

http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...=MCC3808;c=486
http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...=MCC456H;c=486
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB1709

If you want speed than something lower than 56t is better. Dan at DDT Predator Motors Recommends the 56 to go with his 90 Turn motors.

Aluminum Tranny Cover is Available. Its not necessary but it sure looks nice. If you get the cover you will need to round out a small section of your battery box to accommodate the cover.
http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...=MCC3208;c=486

Ok, so now your Tranny has glued clutch plates and an Aluminum housing so its Bomb-Proof.

Get the DDT Predator Motor. 90 Turns unless you know you want otherwise. Dan has all the info in the thread about the motors.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendo...ro-motors.html

Now the Truck will have plenty of power and durability.

Next add the Losi 300mAh LiPo. They sell it with and without the charger and it fits mucho el perfecto in the Trekker. Losb0871 & Losb0872
http://www.losi.com/Electronics/Batt...aspx#microDiv1

Now that little torque monster DDT motor will sing like a mofo and your run times will be an hour at least. Also with the lipo, you can turn it off and come back later and finish your charge. Your charge will die out all at once so will be having fun during that entire hour instead of having the battery peter out and ruin a sizeable portion of your run time. Gluing tires is a PITA, I would get the nicer beadlocks for 35 or 50 balloons.

A couple of freebies: Lower the shock mounts on the chassis. This will give you more clearance. Your wheels are plastic fake beadlocks. So just leave the original wheels alone since the tires are glued on. The only good reason I can find for taking them apart is to do the Danally Mod for the MiniQLO Tires. You can look that one up.

One last thing. Don't believe everything you read on the forums. People have figured out a gillion ways to screw up their nice new Trekkers and if you go coping them,,... Well you know the rest.

FUN,,...!!!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900

Last edited by olblueyez; 05-13-2012 at 11:51 AM.
olblueyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:57 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

heres a thread that i started when i first got mine. it might help a bit

who else has one?
i luv duct tape is offline   Reply With Quote

Losi Trekker Mods!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/24 losi trail trekker c0bra Micro Scale Rigs 13 06-30-2012 12:59 PM
Losi Trail Trekker BigJoe Videos! 0 12-08-2011 09:41 PM
Stock trekker tire mods??? Hydro-Tank Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 4 11-11-2011 01:29 AM
any known issues with the Losi Trekker? or must do mods? STANG KILLA SS Micro Scale Rigs 14 10-03-2011 11:42 AM
A few losi Mc4x4 Trail Trekker parts are llisted on losi.com spoo76 Micro Scale Rigs 6 03-16-2011 10:01 PM