Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: First try Micro Mountain

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #1

Default First try Micro Mountain

Well... Got motivated by crappy weather a random forum reading... (thanks RCCrawler ) and a little ebay shopping im now the owner of a sumo and losi micro... and parts galore... so while waiting on shipping... I seen some video of self made "crawler tracks" so I decided why not... heres how it turned out thus far! Pics with Trucks will be added once I have them! So would love some ideas to add things! thanks!
Attached Images

Luerkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #2

Default Re: First try Micro Mountain

Guess I forgot ... I used cardboard, Styro Bowls, Beer Cups, and Great Stuff... Painted with Textured Krylon black n tan... and good old duct tape to hold down the board, cups, and bowls while i applied the Foam...
Old 06-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

looks awesome! i want to build sonething like that for my trail trekker soon, i think a popsicle stick bridge over the valley would be cool, maybe even leave some sections of the bridge broken for more of a challenge
poopsmcgoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:19 AM   #4

Actually that sounds like a decent idea... I had been contemplating what to make a bride out of... but definitly a good idea!
Old 06-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

the coolest thing about micro crawlers is that you can use anything and make a corse lol
Old 06-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #6

Yah i bought them cause i hate when i have a day to go run my ax10 and weathers crap... and im still changing chasis and electonics in my mini... so micro will give me an indoor time filler
Old 06-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

i started with a trail trekker and i know my next one will be alot bigger, i love my micro, but i want a bigger truck to romp with how did you go about making the crawler track? i want to make one soon using the same materials but im not sure where to start
Old 06-09-2012, 08:52 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

i made a bridge out of some old lincoln logs i found laying around for my outdoor course but the spray foam looks amazing i may have to try my own take on this idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopsmcgoops View Post
i started with a trail trekker and i know my next one will be alot bigger, i love my micro, but i want a bigger truck to romp with how did you go about making the crawler track? i want to make one soon using the same materials but im not sure where to start
the first course i made for bad weather was a piece of board with a bunch of decent sized rocks and some crush gravel with glue and sand.

Last edited by THX_138; 06-13-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Dr.Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

lol ive done that, i collected rocks as a kid and it all payed off, got all kinds o big small weird smooth and rough rocks to crawl on inside
Old 06-10-2012, 07:40 AM   #10

Well Ill suggest this if you wanna save some $$$ on foam... to use less foam... structure the form of the mountain and hills you want with cardboard boxes... i ran out of boxes so i used bowls and cups lol... but the only prob with that is used lil more foam to build up the walls... use duct tape to secure the mountain structure then just spray on the foam... i found that holding the nozzle directly to the surface at a about a 45 and letting it build up and slowly moving works best to try and prevent the "poop" look of the foam. also I used a cardboard base because i wanted it to be light and manuverable, if i had the space to leave it setting id use ply wood or something more firm...

Side note on the bridge, haha I actually looked for licoln logs at walmart hahaha but couldnt find what i wanted... the search continues!
Old 06-10-2012, 08:28 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

thanks for the pointers, im planning on making one some time in the next month, ill keep the box structure in mind thanks!
Old 06-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luerkh View Post
Side note on the bridge, haha I actually looked for licoln logs at walmart hahaha but couldnt find what i wanted... the search continues!
Haha, Thats awesome. I ran out of the size I needed so I cut a branch off of a small maple tree and cut that into sections for filler, but now that I made the dually the bridge will have to be rebuilt
Old 06-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #13

I saw some photos of a duely not for sure if it was yours but looked like a pretty cool build... I think ima go Scale build on one of my minis and like a 4 wheel steer comp look on the other... thursday is not coming fast enough lol ... i wish stuff shipped via email hahah
Old 06-11-2012, 09:39 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

lol okay so i got the goahead on a 4 foot by 4 foot plot in the yard to make a track, expect a new thread from me soon!

Last edited by poopsmcgoops; 06-11-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #15

NICE! lol hopefully one day soon ill have a yard to do one haha! GL! lets see some pics!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luerkh View Post
I saw some photos of a duely not for sure if it was yours but looked like a pretty cool build... I think ima go Scale build on one of my minis and like a 4 wheel steer comp look on the other... thursday is not coming fast enough lol ... i wish stuff shipped via email hahah
check me out on youtube.com mrloudhoward1990 to see a few quick video's of my TT or you can scroll through my new videos thread on RCC, i keep adding video links to the thread

Made a quick video of my outdoor course -----> My micro course. - YouTube

Last edited by THX_138; 06-13-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

i broke ground on mine today

First try Micro Mountain - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my micro mountain 73ta455sd Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 17 08-25-2011 07:46 PM
New Micro Rock Mountain? orangeplug Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 3 02-19-2011 09:39 AM
Micro Terrain Mountain Del Monte Micro Scale Rigs 6 01-20-2011 08:21 PM
Losi Micro Mountain constantmotion Scale Accessories 1 01-15-2011 07:20 AM
Mountain Goat motorman1600 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 12 01-02-2010 09:38 AM