Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: which one is the best losi mini crawler or redcat sumo crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2014, 02:30 PM   #1

Smile which one is the best losi mini crawler or redcat sumo crawler

hi.
I want to buy a mini crawler but which one is the best crawler losi 1/24 crawler, losi 1/24 trekker or redcatracing 1/24 sumo crawler ... help pls
serkanyucel74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2014, 10:01 PM   #2

Default Re: which one is the best losi mini crawler or redcat sumo crawler

I have the Redcat Sumo crawler and have absolutely no complaints, all you need to do is put in something for wheel weights (I use solder wire) and you are set to crawl you can run for a long time on just the AAA batteries
PSYCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:34 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Depends on what ur looking to do. Redcat has ring and pinion gears while the losi has worm gears. Worm gears won't handle speed well. If ur looking to go slow and precise I'd say losi. The micro crawler is getting hard to find now. The trekker is the same thing with a scale body and longer wheel base. I do not have a redcat yet but I'm looking to get one. I do have experience with some redcat stuff tho. Its not bad for the money. I'd say the losi will be of better quality and easier to find parts for. If you are a builder then it won't matter, it will all get upgraded anyway. I'm not sure if there are any axle upgrades for the redcat either. If you want to just pick one up and run it in stock form id say the losi micro crawler is the most capable of the 3

Last edited by Jcplante; 04-17-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Jcplante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:31 AM   #4
sgl
Rock Stacker

Default Re: which one is the best losi mini crawler or redcat sumo crawler

Just to confuse the issue, My first rc truckmwas the Redcat Sumo, now I have had two. After a year I had problems, steering issue. I haven't had problems with stock parts, I thought it was the ESC ( I run 6.6v LiFe) ordered one didn't bind. Turns out it was an early unit so the sent me another ( free of charge) granted after market parts like aluminium knuckles , motor cases etc are not available. After makert wheels, tires and frames are easily availble. My original I made into a scaler the second now almost two years old is running fine in stock form. The scaler runs fine also but I don't run it as much. The biggest reason I chose the Sumo was the lack of worm gear in the axles. Anyway just another opinion to balance things out.
sgl is offline   Reply With Quote

which one is the best losi mini crawler or redcat sumo crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Redcat Sumo micro crawler (RSMC) parts breakdown and losi compatibility spoo76 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 84 07-22-2015 01:23 PM
Redcat Sumo Crawler truegaintfree Micro Scale Rigs 4 09-23-2013 08:14 AM
REDCAT Sumo Crawler Check IN Rticul8 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 38 05-20-2013 08:07 PM
Redcat Sumo Crawler - What's Wrong with it? MonsterTruckMan Micro Scale Rigs 3 11-17-2011 08:09 PM