Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Blade tmc v2 and smc 4.5!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #1

Default Blade tmc v2 and smc 4.5!!!

I'm stoked to finally have these two trail trekkers totally transformed!
The first one i picked up i drove mostly stock for the longest time (with the exception of lipos, bead locks and tires). These trucks are pretty awesome out of the box, but the more you drive 'em, the more you want out of them, so i picked up a new chassis to add some more challenge and realism.
First I went to the hobby shop down the street and picked out a body. The first one that caught my eye was a 1:25 1980 Bronco so I went with it. After measuring the wheelbase, I decided the Blade SMC 4.5 would be perfect.
I got the chassis in the mail pretty quick and started putting it together. Couldn't have been happier with the wheelbase choice. It was spot on! Anyway, here are some pics now that I've got the body painted, installed, and of course, drove the heck out of it! If you havent tried one of these frames yet, you really have no idea what you're missing! Thanks Blade!

After finishing the Bronco (at least finished enough to drive), I decided to start another project. I really wanted something for some more agressive crawling so I ordered another trekker and Blade's tmc v2 chassis, HR aluminum knuckles, HR steering link, 56t spur, HR main gear cover, Hitec HS65 metal gear servo, mil stone 4 wheel weights, HR bead locks, and of course Miclaws. I used some stock bent links from the trekker and some aftermarket links for a mini t. Still waiting on my 90t predator with metal 9 tooth pinion from Danally. Cant wait to drop that in there! This thing drives awesome, but still needs some more weight, especially up front.
The first few shots are before I made some lexan body panels. I think it looks great both ways

Thanks Blade!
Terrordactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
bronco, micro, smc, tmc

Blade tmc v2 and smc 4.5!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
torsion bar tmc blade elsewhere Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 6 11-16-2011 11:11 PM
Custom cab for Blade TMC cej255 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 6 08-23-2011 11:40 AM
Project Blade TMC Harkey013 Micro Scale Rigs 1 06-29-2011 03:03 PM
Blade TMC Build question. seven Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 5 04-11-2011 03:28 PM
BLADE TMC chassis in the uk ben'smicrocrawler Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 8 01-12-2011 10:06 AM