Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: New Member, New 1/24 trekker build.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2014, 06:39 AM   #1

Default New Member, New 1/24 trekker build.

Hey guys,
Im new to the forum, but not new to rc crawling. Ive had a few rigs over the years. (Mostly 1/10 scratch builds some 15 years ago) I decided a few months back I wanted to get back into the hobby and figured a decent basher was needed first. (Built a 6S 1/16 revo thats GPS verified at 101mph) Withen a week I was bored of the revo and craving some trail action. However being broke from the revo build didn't allow me to buy my TF2(Its on the way now though ^_^) so I bought a trekker with low expectations, to my surprise I haven't put the thing down in 4 months. I did a lot of reading and modded a few things as follows.

Losi Micro Rock Claw tyres.
Losi wheel weights in front rims as well as 10bbs.
10bbs in rear rims.
Decased Esc/Rx combo and relocated to under the hood.
Removed Esc 'shelf'
Removed shock spacers and wrapped a single coil top and bottom around the shock bodys for a bit of droop.
Venom 250mah 2s lipos.
HiTec HS65MG servo.
6 tooth pinion (Have an 11 tooth for use while hiking etc.)
Moved shocks to the lower hole.

I had left the body stock for a long while. (Aside from cutting fenders for clearance) Then I stuck my Losi SCT body on it ... got bored again so decided something a bit more scale looking was on the menu. I was all set to buy a new bright Bigfoot (18 dollars @ walmart) when I came across this

Decided it should fit after a quick size comparison vs my cell phone and if it didn't ... for 3 bucks my son would play with it.
Next few pictures show some general steps ... it was pretty basic.

It needed headlights. Im running the leds off two button cells located in the box.
Completed !! Im seriously debating ordering a second trekker so I can shorten my links to get the tyres to sit under the fenders properly, Im also disappointed in the paint but rattle cans don't mix with -1C temps and 30 mph winds. The bikini top is just an old t-shirt.

Thanks for reading and thanks to the community for all the awesome advice regarding micro builds ... Im pretty sure Im officially hooked ...
BlueTegu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
1/24, humvee, trail trekker

New Member, New 1/24 trekker build. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my trail trekker build fitisbamg Micro Scale Rigs 5 12-04-2013 05:08 PM
KK trekker build krookedkrawler Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 5 03-02-2013 08:29 AM
Demodude's Trail Trekker Build Demodude Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 5 02-08-2013 11:02 AM
New member - First build chugdugdadug Tamiya TLT Crawlers 36 01-10-2013 08:46 PM
Trekker, My Build So Far... Crawl Wonder Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 98 07-31-2011 05:17 PM