Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Trail Finder 0.5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2014, 08:37 PM   #1

Default Trail Finder 0.5

Hey everyone ive started on a micro TF2 build using the aoshima lowrider rn30 hilux, i was surprised to find out that the body it came with was actually white, as id seen pictures of the kit online where the body was a pretty horrible blue colour and the fact that its a lowrider kit had me abit worried. But as far as i know only the rims and a few other extras make this kit the same as the yellow "cal look" one.

anyway im using losi axles on a blade smc 4.5 chassis which is on its way along with the trail trekker motor and trans, aswell as a gear set for it so i can change the ratios around. im trying to make this build similar to a trail Finder 2 because i think there a really cool 1/10 and i wish i had one, oh well

ive also got a 92 hilux build on the go which is why i bought the blade chassis so i could just switch between bodies whenever i like and only have to change adjust the wb a little. so far its turned out to be an expensive little mission but its Christmas time so i think that justifies spending money that i shouldn't

I made a canopy from nice grey card which i use for modelling in my architecture course (currently on a 2 month break from hence the reason im doing these projects), so im familiar with how to work with it

Feel free to give me some feedback because im new to all this

crawler will is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #2

Default Re: Trail Finder 0.5

Chassis parts came shortest wheel base option is a bit off but im working on a solution, other than that its a pretty nice chassis. Dont have the trekker skid plate so i just mounted the tranny to the side of the rail until i make a proper mount for it. Made another canopy for the rn30, where the electronics can be stored. I actually really like the way the double cab body looks on it, especially without the bed because the rails dont stick too far out which gives it a nice truggy look

crawler will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:43 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Trail Finder 0.5

the first hilux is my favorite yota body to date..
Slambaam is offline   Reply With Quote

Trail Finder 0.5 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Hawaii Beach-Rock-Trail Run CAV-G Scale Videos! 0 11-17-2014 11:38 AM
[Video] 2 RC4WD Trail Finder 2s - Durian Loop Trail rcgolf Scale Videos! 2 10-25-2014 06:05 PM
evidence trail buster 1 9 on the scale of RC4WD Trail Finder 2 gionata78 Scale Videos! 2 11-10-2013 12:19 AM
13 Trucks mudding at Wallace Trail - Trail finder 2 tundra honcho dingo hummer Unimog boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-17-2012 05:11 PM
13 Trucks mudding at Wallace Trail - Trail finder 2 tundra honcho dingo hummer Unimog boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-17-2012 05:09 PM