Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: My Basher Rocksta Mods/Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2016, 05:52 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default My Basher Rocksta Mods/Review

I am happy with the rocksta, especially after a few small mods and upgrades. I got the RTR and overall I think its a great value really fun. Also picked up a kit today from the usa warehouse for $15, spare roller for that price is hard to beat.

My main issues were the battery compartment being both a pain in the ass and getting stuck on things. Second would be the tires, and third the shocks are just really bad.

If you have one of these you know the battery compartment is a pain. For a smooth skidplate and no more messing with those tiny clips, I have a solution. Cut off the battery door posts, drill through them, then countersink the battery door tabs and use countersunk hardware to hold it in place.

The best I could do for the stock shocks is remove the springs, but then put a limiter (plastic spacer) in each shock shaft to improve breakover angle and stop it from over articulating. I also have losi micro crawler shocks (8 bucks) but need the right ball studs, this should be better than my shock mod.

Adding 2 7g lead stick on weights to the front servo definitly helped.

And of course the tires, which in stock form are pretty bad, losi micro crawlers wheels/tires are a huge upgrade for ~$12. The sumo wheels/tires are not quite as good but better than stock. I also have a set of rc4wd tires I am trying to find the best way to mount that may be my best option.

Last edited by professorcake; 10-01-2016 at 06:14 PM.
professorcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2016, 09:22 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: My Basher Rocksta Mods/Review

I thought $15 was a typo Just grabbed two, can't wait to see what you do with yours.
MattTheGenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:07 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Getting some heavier rims (from rc4wd) and adding weight to them+mouting those tires would be a nice upgrade..Also, the brass wheel wideners for the trekker should fit like a glove and add weight at the wheels as well.

Looks good so far
cleanandserenesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 11:22 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanandserenesteve View Post
Getting some heavier rims (from rc4wd) and adding weight to them+mouting those tires would be a nice upgrade..Also, the brass wheel wideners for the trekker should fit like a glove and add weight at the wheels as well.

Looks good so far
Those RC4WD micro wheels look awesome and im sure the weight would help, definitely on my wishlist. Price makes it hard for me to pull the trigger on them though, especially when comparing to the price of the rig heh.
professorcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 11:54 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

You probably already know this, but the Redcat 1/24 Sumo uses the ball studs you would need for replacement. 2mm screw and will fit in the Losi shocks you bought
cleanandserenesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 06:46 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

So how did you get the kit for $15? It says $15 but when I clicked on it the price was $44
I was thinking about trying to do a dual esc comp style truck with one.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
Jcplante is offline   Reply With Quote

My Basher Rocksta Mods/Review - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Upgrading Basher Rocksta 1/24 Gompapa Micro Scale Rigs 17 06-16-2017 01:50 PM
Exceed Mad Torque, review/mods chalmene Superclass Crawlers 7 08-07-2016 08:04 PM
Basher Rocksta 1/24 New Micro Crawler raul shabinguez General Crawlers 29 08-01-2016 02:00 PM
FTX Ibex & Rocksta Basher 1/24 Rock Crawling Skottish Videos! 0 06-26-2016 08:05 AM
Losi trekker n HK rocksta arevir Micro Scale Rigs 0 06-06-2016 10:34 PM