Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Orlandoo wiring

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2016, 09:26 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Orlandoo wiring

Does anybody have any pics of how they ran all the electronics in the rubicon? Its a lot of wiring and not a lot of truck. Just trying to find ideas on making it neat. Also are they suposed to be super slow? I was expecting it to have about the same wheel speed as my losi micros but its about half the speed.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
Jcplante is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2016, 05:41 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Orlandoo wiring

I guess I have the 120rpm motor. I might get the 300 rpm motor instead. Hopefully I dont loose to much torque.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:29 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Did anybody axle mount the servo? I did and the servo doesnt fit between the chassis rails so it has no suspension travel up front. Any ideas why?

Old 12-05-2016, 10:48 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcplante View Post
Does anybody have any pics of how they ran all the electronics in the rubicon? Its a lot of wiring and not a lot of truck. Just trying to find ideas on making it neat. Also are they suposed to be super slow? I was expecting it to have about the same wheel speed as my losi micros but its about half the speed.

i dont have pics of how I ran the wiring. mine looks like a turd and the wires for the LEDs keep getting ripped off :(
That said, I stuck my battery in the back between the 2 plastic slabs, as my receiver wouldn't find in there.
Quote:
I guess I have the 120rpm motor. I might get the 300 rpm motor instead. Hopefully I dont loose to much torque.

I have a spare 300 if you wanna buy it instead of waiting a month to get it from BG.
Quote:
Did anybody axle mount the servo? I did and the servo doesnt fit between the chassis rails so it has no suspension travel up front. Any ideas why?

I had mine axle mounted, then noticed it wouldn't articulate, so I moved it to the chassis, but when I went to go move it I noticed it wouldn't fit. I just trimmed the ears to make it fit. so yes, you could mount it to the axle, but you do have to trim regardless of where you mount it.
nate94gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 12:37 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I put my lipo in the same place. Did you have to make a panhard bar to chassis mount the servo? I didnt like the idea of a 4 link with a cms. I will let you know on the motor. I think my wife might have ordered it for me already. Thanks for the reply!

Old 12-05-2016, 01:35 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I put my lipo in the same place. Did you have to make a panhard bar to chassis mount the servo? I didnt like the idea of a 4 link with a cms. I will let you know on the motor. I think my wife might have ordered it for me already. Thanks for the reply!

i didn't make anything special. it was straightforward. the CMS wont be an issue.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:02 AM   #7

Quote:

I had the 120rpm motor as well and it was ridiculously slow. I finally got my 300rpm motor I ordered back in October, yesterday. It should be a lot better with the new motor. There's not much room so I'll be shortening all wires and probably be direct soldering everything.
LiqrSicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:07 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

I was thinking about shortening all the wires too. I just want to find a final place to secure stuff to so I know how long to make them. It took that long for the motor!? My kit came from china with free shipping in 8 days. I hope the other parts I order dont take forever to come in.

Old 12-06-2016, 03:24 PM   #9

I am just about to buy a kit on Amazon and was researching what else is needed, and I'd love to see pics of your truck when you get a chance so I have a clue on what to do.

If I may ask, are the jeep and F-150 chassis identical except for wheelbase?
Sir Sparksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 04:33 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

I got mine on ebay and it came with a motor, esc, servo and leds. I put a decased flysky rx in there. I might switch over to a losi micro setup if I can't find a good way to hide it all. Any micro esc should work, the smaller the better. The motor seems pretty specific with the gear reduction on it but it might be a common motor for some other application. If you buy just the kit you will need a motor, esc, servo, battery and a radio with a small rx. As far as comparing to the f150 im not sure but from what I have seen the rubicon chassis is a new design. It has steel chassis rails like an scx10, I think the f150 has a plastic chassis but I could be wrong.

Old 12-06-2016, 04:38 PM   #11

Quote:
I got mine on ebay and it came with a motor, esc, servo and leds. I put a decased flysky rx in there. I might switch over to a losi micro setup if I can't find a good way to hide it all. Any micro esc should work, the smaller the better. The motor seems pretty specific with the gear reduction on it but it might be a common motor for some other application. If you buy just the kit you will need a motor, esc, servo, battery and a radio with a small rx. As far as comparing to the f150 im not sure but from what I have seen the rubicon chassis is a new design. It has steel chassis rails like an scx10, I think the f150 has a plastic chassis but I could be wrong.

You are right man
The f150 has a plastic chassis
Look at Banggood and you can see both
That's why I got the Jeep. Well still waiting on the 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ferebeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 11:33 AM   #12

Quote:

Thanks for the info. I'd much rather get the Jeep but the $55 for the F-150 and $187 for the Jeep kinda made the decision for me.

I have several of the gearboxes for this already, purchased on Amazon, for my tinkering pleasure. 3, 6, 12 Volt and all with different final ratios. Although the output shaft looks a little shorter on the gearboxes I saw for this crawler.

I think you'll like the Losi ecs because of its proportioning. It allows the crawler to go slow unlike the Temper micro crawler. Although you may have to remove the box due to size.
Sir Sparksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 11:37 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Sparksalot View Post
Thanks for the info. I'd much rather get the Jeep but the $55 for the F-150 and $187 for the Jeep kinda made the decision for me.

I have several of the gearboxes for this already, purchased on Amazon, for my tinkering pleasure. 3, 6, 12 Volt and all with different final ratios. Although the output shaft looks a little shorter on the gearboxes I saw for this crawler.

I think you'll like the Losi ecs because of its proportioning. It allows the crawler to go slow unlike the Temper micro crawler. Although you may have to remove the box due to size.
so its not my imagination that the 1/24 temper only goes full speed?

How can I change that?
Old 12-09-2016, 11:40 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

The losi one is small enough with the case compared to the stock one plus a rx. But I like the led outputs on the stock one plus I dont have any small enough servos to go with the losi esc

Old 12-09-2016, 05:30 PM   #15

Not trying to spam, but at AMain we have Orlandoo Hunter F150 and Wrangler Combos for way less - includes the ESC with LEDs, 120 motor, 2.2kg servo and LiPo... Ive been building one and Im pleasantly surprised with how it is turning out. This is gonna be a fun little truck
https://www.amainhobbies.com/search?...o%20hunter&o=4
Matt@AMain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 05:54 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Yeah I thought $187 sounded super high for the rubicon. I got it much cheaper. Do you guys carry the 300rpm motor?

Old 12-12-2016, 08:50 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Im having issues with mounting the servo. It interferes with front axle travel no matter what I do. If anybody has pic of how they got it to work please post them!

Old 12-14-2016, 03:36 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Did you get it yet? All you have to do is trim the ears on the servo where it's hitting
Old 12-14-2016, 04:05 PM   #19

I got my electronics today but still waiting on my little Jeeps
Can't wait to start building.

ferebeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:41 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferebeed View Post
I got my electronics today but still waiting on my little Jeeps
Can't wait to start building.

its a fun build. made my fingers hurt though lol.

Orlandoo wiring - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Orlandoo Jeep AZDIGGER Micro Scale Rigs 12 10-31-2016 02:44 PM
Orlandoo - A Little More Speed? Shucky Micro Scale Rigs 1 10-05-2016 12:45 PM
New Orlandoo Joostproost Micro Scale Rigs 1 09-07-2016 10:48 AM
Another 1/35 Orlandoo...nooooooooo Brake Weight Micro Scale Rigs 9 07-28-2016 02:43 PM