Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Creating some RC4WD D90 1/18 3d Printable parts! (link below!)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2017, 10:59 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Creating some RC4WD D90 1/18 3d Printable parts! (link below!)

I'm working on 3d printing and very basic 3d modeling. still quite Amateur but I've been looking at the D90 as my next micro RC crawler project and while looking at the accessories for it not only is there not a whole lot but the official parts are EXPENSIVE when you're broke like me!

So I got to work on some unofficial 3d versions I can use instead free for anybody to print and use.

Now, these are not QUITE accurate to the official versions, but CLOSE enough to work. and of course 3d printing them yourselves will come at lower quality. I'm open to suggestions for improvements, and for what to do next.

Currently on the que is:

- Rock sliders for the left/right side (currently have body lift versions released)
- Roof Rack (need to test print and fit before I can release beta version)
- Interior (trying to make a one piece that hides the battery in the default location, this takes A LOT of measuring so if anyone has a 3d model of the frame let me know!)
- aggressive offroad bumper set (both body lift and stock versions)
- Light brush guards (this wont look ANYWHERE near as good as the official ones however)
- Rear bumper with tire mount
- Hinging body mount so the whole body will tilt forward, allowing access to battery

ect ect.. I have a TON of IDEA'S. I am not sure which ones I'll still do, which ones people want to see more of, and which ones I haven't thought of.

Here's the link to my Thingiverse page I'll be updating as I add parts:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2340970

Feel free to pitch suggestions, reference pictures, or edits you'd like to see.
I'll be posting some pictures soon as I get them painted and attached to the truck!

Last edited by Intashu; 06-20-2017 at 07:59 AM.
Intashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2017, 08:15 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Creating some RC4WD D90 1/18 3d Printable parts! (link below!)

*ADDED DUAL MOTOR MOUNT!!

* Added a all caps version of tire cover.

* Added riser front and rear bumpers which have insets to attach magnets, to magnet mount the body with 8x3mm magnets.!
Old 06-20-2017, 08:03 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Creating some RC4WD D90 1/18 3d Printable parts! (link below!)

Updated again.
-Added a few versions of the lifted bumpers front and rear
-Added a few versions of the lifted rock sliders
-Added a snorkel

Still working on interior and roof racks and other parts.

Once I've finished parts, test fit and paint. and know they're RIGHT and accurate enough, and can be combined for both a stock D90 set and a body lifted set to work with the large RC4WD tires, I'll see about setting up a shape ways page to sell them in sets so you can just order the 3d printed parts you want that way. Currently the files are FREE for anyone to want to try them and make them at home or order them independently as prototypes.

As always, Please feel free to make suggestions, I'm not a professional, and I don't expect what I make to match what some of the other popular guys on here create, but I haven't seen a whole lot of options for the D90 1/18 scale series and am just trying to build and make options for myself that I can share with the community! suggestions and idea's are always welcome and inspirational.

Creating some RC4WD D90 1/18 3d Printable parts! (link below!) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3D printable, RC motorcycles C*H*U*D Chit Chat 6 01-17-2017 09:36 AM
Dying Light 3d printable figurine 4wd4ws Chit Chat 1 01-17-2015 03:02 PM
Looking for a printable leaf spring chassis template dirtydave Chit Chat 0 04-24-2010 08:46 AM
Printable View? _BEN_ Comments, Suggestions, and Help 2 12-10-2007 01:06 PM