Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Micro Crawler from SE Louisiana

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2017, 08:46 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Micro Crawler from SE Louisiana

I've been enjoying micro crawling for a few months now. Looking forward to being a part of this online community. Thanks RCCrawler.com for organizing all this great info to help us all out and enjoy this hobby together. Ironically, I'm loving crawling in a state where we have no rocks! Part of the fun is creating homemade courses out of whatever we can find, including broke cement pieces to mimic rocks....ha. My Crawler: Redcat Sumo Crawler, using RC4WD 1" steel beadlock wheels and Scrambler tires that give lots of ground clearance being 2.5 inches tall. Using Panasomic Omloop Pro AAA's. Not doing to the lipo conversion many users do.....Omloops offer fine power and run time IMO. Anyone out there from Southern Louisiana??
sethstiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2017, 10:26 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Micro Crawler from SE Louisiana

Welcome. I'm from south of the Lake but have 10th scales
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 11:31 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

There's a 1/10 group over in the Gulfport area, too.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 05:19 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for your responses guys. Glad to hear of some crawling activity and joy happening around here, even with no natural rocks!
Old 06-02-2017, 07:43 AM   #5
RCC Addict

With an exception, the rc4wd offering, 1/18th scale is considered mini, not micro The 1/18th rc4wd truck is more like 1/20th scale and the axles are listed by them as 1/24th scale. For example, the losi 1/18th scale mini is way bigger than any micro.
Fungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:39 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Thanks fungi for your response. I really respect the work you've done in the micro crawler world. I have found out there's not much out there by way of 1/18 mini crawlers or trailers out there. Looking to step up in size for capability and ease of wrenching sake......or maybe not. My first choice would be the mini Losi.

I do love my Redcat 1/24th Sumo and just have decided to do the lipo mod to complete my mod list. I plan on using the Zippy 350mah 2s's and mounting them with Velcro on the front servo instead of gutting out the battery boxes. I do think Redcat micro's are underrated, but I am no expert.

One nice thing about the micro scale is that homemade courses (back porch and back yard) are fun to make, don't need a lot of room and cost effective too.

Micro Crawler from SE Louisiana - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
South louisiana crawler grant.king.12914 General Crawlers 2 06-02-2016 03:43 PM
BWD Micro Wheel Weight System for the new Losi Micro Crawler! billet works Vendors Market 19 10-18-2010 05:42 PM
Louisiana Crawler Wondering what to buy!! La_Crawler Louisiana 9 03-11-2008 04:34 PM