Notices

Thread: WPL B-1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2017, 05:58 PM   #41

Default Re: WPL B-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGCrawler View Post
Thanks for the parts link!

I just finished making a mount for a sumo trans. Wheels speed looks about right and it'll have tons of low speed torque.
Definitely post pics! We all need low end torque!
BlackVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2017, 05:01 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

I'll get some up tomorrow hopefully. Its pretty basic and I made it from brass pieces since i've dabbled with soldiering brass and such in the past. This one is just a test piece to see if the gears will hold up in which I think they will.
MGCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 07:32 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intashu View Post
AAAAAND ordered a pair of rear axles (one for parts)

if only they also sold a FRONT axle, which I didn't see listed. DIY crawler for $12 in parts ain't bad.

There’s a front axle available now. GearBest has the GAZ now and I’ve got one ordered, too.

https://www.gearbest.com/r-c-cars/pp...89.html?wid=21
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 06:22 AM   #44
Rock Crawler

That GAZ looks nice, these WPL's are gunna make me go broke lol.

Here's the skid. like I stated before "simple and just a test piece.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:31 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

That Sumo trans looks almost identical to the HBX trans I’m going to try to fit. How much wiggle room is there is you were to try to fit it sideways-or like it’s originally mounted in the Sumo? I know it’ll be too high for the shaft angles, just curious.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:45 AM   #46
Rock Crawler

There is lots of room to mount the trans either way. Only reason I went this route is to keep driveshaft angle somewhat close. The sumo trans and bracket sit low enough for pinion angle yet its still has more ground clearance than the stock setup.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:12 PM   #47

I have one of these on order from Banggood, they offered a special of $28.99 w/free shipping to put it on pre-order for the next stock arrival. Shipped out 11/17 can't wait to get my hands on this thing after reading all the threads I can find on it.
fuzzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 04:02 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intashu View Post
I was the guy who made some 3d printable parts for the RC4WD 1/18 D90 (available here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2340970 )
including a dual motor mount.

I ordered up one of these from Aliexpress. and if it ships like most of my orders I will see it arrive between early November, and upward to September of next year

when it arrives I'll also be doing a tear down, and will VERY likely be creating some 3d printed parts for this, including a dual micro motor mount. I run it on my D90 setup and found it is great for crawling as it adds a transmission-level engine break. (well.. it prevents it from sliding at least)

I'll also be working on measuring up a few of the axles, rims, and other parts to make 3d printable versions, as I really want to use some of the 1" RC4WD tires on this. (Thinking dually!)

I'll make them all free to use online like the D90 parts, but I have ZERO idea when I'll get the truck or when I'll get to releasing the parts!

Whenever I get my hands on one of these I'll like my making a few rims for it that allow the 1" tires to mount to. They likely will NOT be beadlock, but at a 1" size it should be easy to glue'm. I may or may not try to make a printable beadlock rim eventually.

I release most of what i make for free on Thingiverse. If you don't own a printer you can find websites online that will print files from up-loaded STL files, for really cheap.

I don't really try to make money off making these models. i make them for myself and if they work out well i share them for free for other's to make themselves!
I don't have the software or high level of skill (in my opinion at least) to feel that they're worth charging money for. I am nowhere close to what Fungi is able to do. (no clue what happened to him, he isn't taking orders and seems to have disappeared recently)

if and when I get around to doing these I'll be posting a thread up on here, or if you have a thingiverse account you can follow me there as well. I don't jump to any other RC crawler forums really.
Here's a dual geared motor skid that @adrian202 came up with.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2660688
https://www.tinkercad.com/users/ijdXrBIYp5t-adrian202gt

Video of the twin motors. 160rpm, IIRC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlqFpSfwCtE
Old 11-29-2017, 05:35 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Anyone get their kit yet? Mine arrived today and all is the same accept for tires in the same tread pattern are nice and soft actually.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:50 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

I wonder if the tires they’re selling separately are the soft ones?
Old 11-29-2017, 05:52 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

I got a little jar of Tamiya matte black that’s acrylic. I’m thinking I can finger paint it into all the seams and stuff then wipe off the excess. Give it some patina and come back with a clear coat if need be.
Old 11-30-2017, 04:02 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
I wonder if the tires they’re selling separately are the soft ones?
That would be cool they were worth the 28 bucks for the kit just for them plus alot of extra parts. Now we just need some softer leaf springs!
Old 12-01-2017, 07:04 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Decided to attempt a paint job today.

Inspiration...challenge accepted.

Meh, close enough.

Next task is to 4 link and shocks. Then the tranny issue after that.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:01 AM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Default Wpl b-1

I’ve got some 180 motor finds in the LHS sale bin from 2 years ago. Lol, yeah me for parts hoarding. I’ll have to trim some of the tranny skid for it to fit but it looks like it’ll work.

Old 12-03-2017, 05:01 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

I installed the Horizon motor with the vent. Ended up having to trim down the rear driveshaft. I don’t suppose it’ll last very long.

Put the body back on and realized I never painted the wheels. Tomorrow’s project right there. Shoddy paint job with overspray everywhere.

The speed is comparable to the original motor. The torque is noticeably increased. 1.5 minutes into the trail run and some carnage. Spun this U-joint off and stretched the eyes a little bit. Awesome.

I can’t decide if I want a full blown scaler or something I can wheel. I do have that GAZ on order. I may just wait and see which one can tuck a forward tranny better and go from there....
Old 12-25-2017, 01:48 PM   #56
Rock Stacker

Hi guys, glad to see other people are tryin to fix up this turd. It seems like a donor vehicle might be the easiest option. Everything is kinda crappy. I bought it for the body and the size. I think it's just great for playin around. The biggest concern be I decide on the donor vehicle will be driveshaft angles. They're not gonna last. Otherwise my plan is to find axles that fit it and keep it scale looking. How's everyone elses coming along? Has everyone givin up on it?
Twisted Links is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:24 PM   #57

Hey I'm kinda new to the rc world, had some cheap ones and a couple xmods, always wanted a crawler but the prices kept me away from ever trying one, thinking maybe I wont end up liking it. Well when I saw these wpl trucks come out i had to get one as I always wanted a crawler with driveshafts and the servo not on the axle and for the right price, after getting the first one and repairing it I ordered a couple more in the other styles, i changed the axles angle to help the driveshaft angles. On the first one I notice the couplings wore away pretty fast which lead to them snapping, so I lubed the new ones right out of the box and that seemed to prevent the wear. I used a 20A esc and 9g servo. I switched The brushes out of the motor with ones from a xmods motor. Using a 7.4 Lipo. Found some metal driveshafts on taobao. After I am done having fun with these I'll be looking into a 1/10
Try2crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 05:33 AM   #58

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/wnwAA...lS-/s-l400.jpg
https://www.ebay.com/itm/WPL-1-16-4W...m3827#shpCntId
$7.66 what the? ???
Anyone purchase from this guy?
NEDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 05:45 AM   #59
I wanna be Dave

"0" Seller rating...

With all the around $8 sellers getting booted from eBay - I wouldn't bother with this listing.

Think about it - it's being shipped from China - how can it not even cost $8?

States this: "Shipping: FREE Economy Shipping from China/Hong Kong/Taiwan to worldwide"

Not gonna happen...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 06:24 AM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
"0" Seller rating...

With all the around $8 sellers getting booted from eBay - I wouldn't bother with this listing.

Think about it - it's being shipped from China - how can it not even cost $8?

States this: "Shipping: FREE Economy Shipping from China/Hong Kong/Taiwan to worldwide"

Not gonna happen...

Well China can send free post cause Universal Postal Union have decided so. They will have to raise their postal fee with 16% or many it was 19% before 2022.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Johan_Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote