Notices

Thread: WPL C14

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2019, 05:38 PM   #321
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: WPL C14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
My C24 from Amazon was the updated version, my C14 from Banggood was also updated, however it came with brass pinions and plastic ring gears, somebody goofed there, i'm guessing. I ordered that from Banggood in early December so you'll probably get the newer version.
Awesome, Thanks!
They might have been just upgrading the pinion to satisfy customers. The pinion is likely the one to strip the easiest

Last edited by CD02; 01-17-2019 at 05:43 PM.
CD02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2019, 05:53 PM   #322
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD02 View Post
Awesome, Thanks!
They might have been just upgrading the pinion to satisfy customers. The pinion is likely the one to strip the easiest
Pretty sure it was a mistake, C24 came with both and I watched a video on Youtube that was a interview of the founders of WPL and they said metal diff gears and servos are just the start of improvements coming.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 05:55 PM   #323
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Pretty sure it was a mistake, C24 came with both and I watched a video on Youtube that was a interview of the founders of WPL and they said metal diff gears and servos are just the start of improvements coming.
Ah, Makes sense.

So far on my upgrades list is:
Metal driveshafts
Tires
(Gears)
Shocks

That's all I have so far.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:04 PM   #324
RCC Addict

Quote:
Ah, Makes sense.

Metal driveshafts
Tires
(Gears)
Shocks

To be honest I wouldn't worry about the shocks, I snipped off the tight coils off one end of each internal shock spring on the stock shocks and it reduced the bounciness big time. Look for the metal driveshafts that look like CV joints on the ends, I've heard the other style that looks more scale really aren't good. I've been wanting to try the RC4wd tires but my stockers are working really well after a good soak in simple green. Those wheel weight kits are really nice and fit great, I have them in the front.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:07 PM   #325
RCC Addict

Quote:
Ah, Makes sense.

Metal driveshafts
Tires
(Gears)
Shocks

Check out my thread when you get a chance

Kincer's mini Yota
Old 01-17-2019, 06:11 PM   #326
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
To be honest I wouldn't worry about the shocks, I snipped off the tight coils off one end of each internal shock spring on the stock shocks and it reduced the bounciness big time. Look for the metal driveshafts that look like CV joints on the ends, I've heard the other style that looks more scale really aren't good. I've been wanting to try the RC4wd tires but my stockers are working really well after a good soak in simple green. Those wheel weight kits are really nice and fit great, I have them in the front.
Thanks for the advice. I will for sure use all of these tips to make mine best in stock form. Has anyone tried out the treads. I know their not exactly scale but they look fun
Old 01-17-2019, 06:18 PM   #327
RCC Addict

No problem, I'm no pro at these trucks yet but I have learned quite a bit so far.
Old 01-18-2019, 05:31 AM   #328

Quote:
Thats a nice idea on the springs, so you just cut bit of the spring - wouldnt that also lower the ride height? Might look into it to make it softer
Prox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 05:35 AM   #329
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prox View Post
Thats a nice idea on the springs, so you just cut bit of the spring - wouldnt that also lower the ride height? Might look into it to make it softer
Probably only by a few millimeters. It shouldn't be too performance hindering as you get better travel with softer springs. You might also be able to springs from pens as well. They appear to be close to the same size
Old 01-18-2019, 05:38 AM   #330
Pebble Pounder

I just checked the status on my truck's shipping. I used the free expedited shipping (that's an option?) It is supposed to get here the 29th
Old 01-18-2019, 05:44 AM   #331
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prox View Post
Yes it lowers it just a bit but way less bouncy, just cut off the tight coils off of one end of the spring, I used a dremel after cutting to make them all the same length.

Quote:
Probably only by a few millimeters. It shouldn't be too performance hindering as you get better travel with softer springs. You might also be able to springs from pens as well. They appear to be close to the same size
I haven't tried any pen springs but yes they are similar in size, I'm really happy with the spring mod that I did for now, I'm always keeping an eye out for a nice cheap oil filled shock that doesn't look too bulky though.
Old 01-18-2019, 05:46 AM   #332
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Yes it lowers it just a bit but way less bouncy, just cut off the tight coils off of one end of the spring, I used a dremel after cutting to make them all the same length.

I haven't tried any pen springs but yes they are similar in size, I'm really happy with the spring mod that I did for now, I'm always keeping an eye out for a nice cheap oil filled shock that doesn't look too bulky though.
I have a friend who races 1/18 buggies. I might be able to find a nice set of shocks from him. He runs his springs pretty stiff though
Old 01-18-2019, 05:59 AM   #333
Pebble Pounder

It would be cool to make it FPV. I had a lot of fun with my other truck using some left over stuff from a toy drone. Not sure how to post pics
Old 01-18-2019, 06:07 AM   #334
RCC Addict

Quote:
I have a friend who races 1/18 buggies. I might be able to find a nice set of shocks from him. He runs his springs pretty stiff though
Springs are an easy change to make them softer, problem is some of that name brand stuff even small scale is pricey, for me this is just something to tinker with I wanna keep as cheap as possible but work good, I have my 1/10 rigs for the serious crawling and those i'll spend a bit more on.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:11 AM   #335
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Springs are an easy change to make them softer, problem is some of that name brand stuff even small scale is pricey, for me this is just something to tinker with I wanna keep as cheap as possible but work good, I have my 1/10 rigs for the serious crawling and those i'll spend a bit more on.
Yeah, Plus racing stuff is probably more speed oriented. I saw some shocks on banggood, but people said that they didn't have enough travel. I wonder if WPL will start making them for their stock trucks.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:16 AM   #336
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Me thinks I have found some! I looked at reviews and someone said they work for WPL. They also have a bleed screw. That's not bad for $9 all around

Link: https://www.banggood.com/2pcs-Shock-...r_warehouse=CN

Last edited by CD02; 01-18-2019 at 06:19 AM.
Old 01-18-2019, 08:48 AM   #337
Rock Crawler

I'm using Losi Mini T shox. There kinda hard to find now but damn they work so well.
PileDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:47 AM   #338
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
My C24 from Amazon was the updated version, my C14 from Banggood was also updated, however it came with brass pinions and plastic ring gears, somebody goofed there, i'm guessing. I ordered that from Banggood in early December so you'll probably get the newer version.
My C24 and C14 both came like that.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:32 AM   #339
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
My C24 and C14 both came like that.
Well, as long as they hold up. I should be fine
Old 01-18-2019, 11:05 AM   #340
Quarry Creeper

Finally!

WPL Metal Front And Rear Bridge Shell For 1/16 B1 B16 B24 B36 C14 C24 RC Car Parts https://banggood.app.link/BXsiFU3gAT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HugoBiermann is offline   Reply With Quote

WPL C14 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WPL B-1 Brake Weight Micro Scale Rigs 73 07-12-2019 09:53 AM
WPL-B24(Gaz) information sangyue Micro Scale Rigs 21 03-10-2018 06:50 PM
Fuzzy's WPL B-1 fuzzy1 Micro Scale Rigs 2 01-07-2018 06:28 PM
Intashu's WPL B-1 Intashu Micro Scale Rigs 6 11-25-2017 08:50 PM