Thread: WPL C14

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2019, 12:49 PM   #341
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: WPL C14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoBiermann View Post
Finally!

WPL Metal Front And Rear Bridge Shell For 1/16 B1 B16 B24 B36 C14 C24 RC Car Parts https://banggood.app.link/BXsiFU3gAT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweet metal axles. That's more of a lower center of gravity upgrade, not for durability, right?
CD02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2019, 12:50 PM   #342
Pebble Pounder

I heard a while back that WPL is making another truck from the C line with a land cruiser body
Old 01-18-2019, 09:08 PM   #343
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoBiermann View Post
Finally!

WPL Metal Front And Rear Bridge Shell For 1/16 B1 B16 B24 B36 C14 C24 RC Car Parts https://banggood.app.link/BXsiFU3gAT

Your link opens up "google play store" to download the Banggood app, as opposed to, a link to a web page. Simply, just saying.

Sweet! So, i would think it's both an upgrade for lower C of G. As well as, most metal axles slip off rocks much more smoothly than the softer plastic, which dig and grab. Or atleast, its a theory.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
SurfinStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 12:29 AM   #344
Quarry Creeper

Default Wpl c14

There ya go:
https://m.banggood.com/WPL-me%3Cx%3E...A&rmmds=search

HugoBiermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 08:38 AM   #345
Pebble Pounder

This is pretty cool! Someone made aluminum wheels for his 1/18 crawler with a lathe

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkQ18LCSg4k
Old 01-21-2019, 05:50 PM   #346
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
My C24 from Amazon was the updated version, my C14 from Banggood was also updated, however it came with brass pinions and plastic ring gears, somebody goofed there, i'm guessing. I ordered that from Banggood in early December so you'll probably get the newer version.
I actually just received my C24 kit a few days ago and mine is the same, ordered in the new year as well from Banggood. Although, along with the metal pinion diff gears, it also came with the original plastic ones, also in the plastic housing with halfshafts attached....I was even given a 3rd Chassis rail in my kit. No other metal gears, just the pinions for the diffs.

I also ordered the tranny upgrade with the 370 sized motor.

Electronics wise, what's everyone been using? specifically the battery? I ordered a couple of the ones that charge via USB through (what looks like) a balance plug of a pair of 14500 Li-Ion cells.
Shadow Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 06:01 PM   #347
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
I actually just received my C24 kit a few days ago and mine is the same, ordered in the new year as well from Banggood. Although, along with the metal pinion diff gears, it also came with the original plastic ones, also in the plastic housing with halfshafts attached....I was even given a 3rd Chassis rail in my kit. No other metal gears, just the pinions for the diffs.

I also ordered the tranny upgrade with the 370 sized motor.

Electronics wise, what's everyone been using? specifically the battery? I ordered a couple of the ones that charge via USB through (what looks like) a balance plug of a pair of 14500 Li-Ion cells.
I'm running a Hobbywing 1625 esc and I have one 1700mah Pulse 3s and 4 1000mah Zippy 3s batteries. All these lipos fit in the stock battery box. You should get yourself the updated axles that have the brass ring gear as well, they can be found on ebay for $10-$15 you are also gonna need metal driveshafts with that 370 motor. If you need links let me know and i'll get them for you.

Last edited by kincer; 01-21-2019 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Added info
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 06:13 PM   #348
Rock Stacker

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CNC-...AbTest=ae803_3

I came across those axles. It seems the most sensible upgrade from stock. No worries about different origin parts fitting together, and what I like the most are those universal joints instead of dog bones.

So, I put my C24 together and ran 2 charges of 850mAh 2s and nothing broke! After reading some horrors here I have picked up my kit and some upgrades - did not install any as of yet. Even 2 speed gearbox sits aside as I dont really need it. I am very impressed with how well they are holding up for how low quality are they.

I appreciate you guys sharing.
JerryIRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 06:32 PM   #349
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryIRacer View Post
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CNC-...AbTest=ae803_3

I came across those axles. It seems the most sensible upgrade from stock. No worries about different origin parts fitting together, and what I like the most are those universal joints instead of dog bones.

So, I put my C24 together and ran 2 charges of 850mAh 2s and nothing broke! After reading some horrors here I have picked up my kit and some upgrades - did not install any as of yet. Even 2 speed gearbox sits aside as I dont really need it. I am very impressed with how well they are holding up for how low quality are they.

I appreciate you guys sharing.
Those are pretty nice looking axles but way too pricey for me for this little truck, I put money like that into my 1/10 stuff. My mostly stock C24 with a couple cheap upgrades is a blast on 3s with the 2 speed.
Old 01-21-2019, 06:48 PM   #350
Rock Stacker

Of all people Kincer, you shouldnt be talking about money It is your fault I bought my truck. Also I blame you for $35 project turning into about $140 - Thank you, I was enjoying every minute of it!

We should wait couple of weeks, if they drop to $60 I am getting them. Not that I need them. They are so pretty...
Old 01-21-2019, 07:06 PM   #351
RCC Addict

Quote:
Of all people Kincer, you shouldnt be talking about money It is your fault I bought my truck. Also I blame you for $35 project turning into about $140 - Thank you, I was enjoying every minute of it!

We should wait couple of weeks, if they drop to $60 I am getting them. Not that I need them. They are so pretty...
Yeah I got a few bucks in mine but there is a lot of stuff I bought that I'm not gonna use, the axle upgrade with the bearings was a waste, it all fit great and went together well but the dogbones and drive cups suck, it binds up bad. I really don't think these trucks need bearings to be honest, sure they would be nice but I can live without them. My C24 is going strong mostly stock, except for the Hobbywing 1625 $17, metal driveshafts $14, front wheel weights $10, 2 speed trans $18, 1700mah 3s $22, homemade steering link, and my old trusty hacked Flysky gt3b radio. I've wasted a bit of money on these but also learned a few things about what's needed and not needed. I now have five of these little trucks lol, C14, C24, two of those MN D90s, and a B-1 Army truck, they all will be patterned after the first C24.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:22 PM   #352
Rock Stacker

I bought GT3b for this project ( before I was using Futaba 2PL - yes AM 27MHz museum piece ) Do you care to elaborate hacking GT3b?

I hear you on this hobby being addictive. couple of times I had one or the other military B series truck added to the cart but never pulled the trigger. I know I would build it and place it on the shelf. I enjoy building them turds more than driving them...

here it is in its full stockness

And the link you figured out:
Old 01-21-2019, 07:46 PM   #353
RCC Addict

Quote:
I bought GT3b for this project ( before I was using Futaba 2PL - yes AM 27MHz museum piece ) Do you care to elaborate hacking GT3b?

I hear you on this hobby being addictive. couple of times I had one or the other military B series truck added to the cart but never pulled the trigger. I know I would build it and place it on the shelf. I enjoy building them turds more than driving them...

here it is in its full stockness

And the link you figured out:
Here a link to everything you need to know about a hacked radio, very very nice mod, there are also a lot of videos on YouTube on how to do it. I’ve done about 6 of them and have two of them now. You can also buy a prehacked version on eBay and other places. Just google fly sky and psx firmware

GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread
Old 01-21-2019, 07:50 PM   #354
RCC Addict

Here's mine so far, C24 is a complete runner the C14 is waiting on the 2 speed.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:03 PM   #355
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Here a link to everything you need to know about a hacked radio, very very nice mod, there are also a lot of videos on YouTube on how to do it. I’ve done about 6 of them and have two of them now. You can also buy a prehacked version on eBay and other places. Just google fly sky and psx firmware

GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread
My God!
Old 01-21-2019, 08:13 PM   #356
RCC Addict

Quote:
My God!

They are sweet cheap radios when hacked, I run my Trx4 Bronco with it, I can separately lock and unlock each diff, switch between high and low, run a winch and control lights. They are a little confusing to learn but also lots of videos on that too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2019, 09:07 AM   #357
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
They are sweet cheap radios when hacked, I run my Trx4 Bronco with it, I can separately lock and unlock each diff, switch between high and low, run a winch and control lights. They are a little confusing to learn but also lots of videos on that too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I run my FS-GT2 radio (the redcat version) I binds with the same Rx's as the GT3b and the GT3c. You can get spares for about $6 a piece almost everywhere. So someone locally is selling one (Tx only) for $22. I can just bind the Rx's I already have to it so do you think it's worth it to grab it and eventually hack it?
Old 01-22-2019, 09:10 AM   #358
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD02 View Post
I run my FS-GT2 radio (the redcat version) I binds with the same Rx's as the GT3b and the GT3c. You can get spares for about $6 a piece almost everywhere. So someone locally is selling one (Tx only) for $22. I can just bind the Rx's I already have to it so do you think it's worth it to grab it and eventually hack it?
If it's a gt3b or gt3c it can be hacked, I have both, I don't think the hack works on any other flysky models. I would buy it, they are very nice and capable when hacked.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:01 PM   #359
Rock Crawler

I found these a while ago but the price is a lil to steep for me. I will deff be trying the other metal axles.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/WPL-...2-f304109d1c52
PileDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 07:55 PM   #360
Rock Stacker

I am done with mine. I wanted to try some weathering techniques. It is harder than most tutorials promise it to be. My first attempt was complete failure. For some reason guy in the video was painting dirt streaks with a brush and they looked like like dirt streaks, but when I was doing the same thing it looked like paint brush marks I decided to wash the body off and start over. Initially I wanted some rust, a bit of dirt and some depth and age. It came out as completely dirty and neglected instead of old and used. I guess I will practice some more on next project - I am thinking about getting one of WPL 6x6s...

WPL C14 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WPL B-1 Brake Weight Micro Scale Rigs 73 07-12-2019 09:53 AM
WPL-B24(Gaz) information sangyue Micro Scale Rigs 21 03-10-2018 06:50 PM
Fuzzy's WPL B-1 fuzzy1 Micro Scale Rigs 2 01-07-2018 06:28 PM
Intashu's WPL B-1 Intashu Micro Scale Rigs 6 11-25-2017 08:50 PM