Notices

Thread: WPL C14

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2019, 07:53 AM   #441
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: WPL C14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryIRacer View Post
I use imgur. Go to imgur.com register new account, upload your pictures there and then each picture will be assigned direct link. That link you copy into your posts using insert image button. Hard to explain - just ask more specific question when you get stuck in the process.

( Status of my shipments changed, now they are on its way to USPS and within US. no delivery dates yet )
What was it you ordered? I just got a set of metal geared axles and it's expected to get here...March 28th My c14 got here quicker.
CD02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2019, 12:29 PM   #442
Rock Stacker

On Jan 28th I have ordered Gaz 66 kit, receiver and some LEDs. Later around Jan 16th I picked up leaf springs and metal steering links. I am thinking about using leafs in C24 to get it more scale and correct. Those are shown to lift B-1s and make them nice and flexy... I still have no estimated delivery and both orders are in Greenwood IL. I am totally confused as I am tracking it with USPS tracking number but it says 'Your item departed a shipping partner facility at 3:27 pm on February 28, 2019 in GREENWOOD, IN 46143. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.'. So is it in USPS network or not?

Also I have picked up some minor upgrades at Aliexpress - hopefully over time I will find a reputable seller I will stick with. All that waiting is killing my focus. Since I cant do RC atm I am going to put together arcade joystick to use with my C64 fitted with Raspberry Pi running arcade emulator... things we do to kill boredom - Im telling you...
JerryIRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:25 AM   #443
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
On Jan 28th I have ordered Gaz 66 kit, receiver and some LEDs. Later around Jan 16th I picked up leaf springs and metal steering links. I am thinking about using leafs in C24 to get it more scale and correct. Those are shown to lift B-1s and make them nice and flexy... I still have no estimated delivery and both orders are in Greenwood IL. I am totally confused as I am tracking it with USPS tracking number but it says 'Your item departed a shipping partner facility at 3:27 pm on February 28, 2019 in GREENWOOD, IN 46143. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.'. So is it in USPS network or not?

Also I have picked up some minor upgrades at Aliexpress - hopefully over time I will find a reputable seller I will stick with. All that waiting is killing my focus. Since I cant do RC atm I am going to put together arcade joystick to use with my C64 fitted with Raspberry Pi running arcade emulator... things we do to kill boredom - Im telling you...
Banggood is kind of screwy like that sometimes. They said something like "orders of under $25, tracking info is not provided" Needles to say, I still didn't get tracking info on my $26 order. And to make me feel even more nervous about my purchase, they used the shipping company DHL.
Old 03-02-2019, 02:25 PM   #444
Rock Stacker

Look at that find!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Wheel....c100752.m1982

These are universal joints from those overpriced axles I was telling you guys about few pages back. I hate dog bones since early XMods Now those joints are available as separate parts. Good thing I did not take one for the team and spent a hundred for metal axles with those. Now I can keep plastic casings and upgrade all internals to my liking. This is huge!
Old 03-02-2019, 07:43 PM   #445
RCC Addict

Quote:
Look at that find!

These are universal joints from those overpriced axles I was telling you guys about few pages back. I hate dog bones since early XMods Now those joints are available as separate parts. Good thing I did not take one for the team and spent a hundred for metal axles with those. Now I can keep plastic casings and upgrade all internals to my liking. This is huge!
Quote that's a great find dogbones suck!
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:27 PM   #446
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Look at that find!

Will these allow more angle than the dogbone setup?
Old 03-04-2019, 04:38 PM   #447
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD02 View Post
Will these allow more angle than the dogbone setup?
Supposedly more steering angle, also no popping out dog bones, and no internal wear.

Here is an update on my shipping. Bear with me I need to vent. Steering links I have ordered Feb 16th were delivered today. Gaz kit I ordered on Jan 28th delivery was attempted at wrong address ( 5 miles away, different town, different zip code ) and attempt failed as mailbox was blocked. And leaf springs kit I have ordered Feb 16th was just marked as shipped. I guess this is what I get choosing free shipping. Good bye banggood. Too bad I cant say good bye to USps...
Old 03-04-2019, 05:47 PM   #448
RCC Addict

I think Chinese New Year really did a number on your shipment, I've heard things just stop over there or things do not get done correctly during this time period. I hope you get all your stuff, I had no problems with anything I ordered from Banggood but it was all ordered and shipped before it started.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:05 PM   #449
Rock Stacker

Officially drama is over. Thanks for listening, send me a bill

First thing in the morning I went to my local post office and took my package off their hands. Yesterday it was somehow misdirected to wrong zip. After attempted delivery, it was sent to correct post office. Props to USPS for not trying to deliver again at wrong address or just dropping it somewhere to call it delivered. Plus person I was dealing with was very nice. USPS totally redeemed itself in my eyes. I have told her that I have committed 3 sins: I ordered from China, and during Chinese New Year, and with free shipping...

So now, I just have to wait for several other shipments to slowly trickle in. I promise not to bore you with details
Old 03-05-2019, 05:28 PM   #450
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Officially drama is over. Thanks for listening, send me a bill

First thing in the morning I went to my local post office and took my package off their hands. Yesterday it was somehow misdirected to wrong zip. After attempted delivery, it was sent to correct post office. Props to USPS for not trying to deliver again at wrong address or just dropping it somewhere to call it delivered. Plus person I was dealing with was very nice. USPS totally redeemed itself in my eyes. I have told her that I have committed 3 sins: I ordered from China, and during Chinese New Year, and with free shipping...

So now, I just have to wait for several other shipments to slowly trickle in. I promise not to bore you with details
I'm bracing myself for the week of the 28th. My stuff is supposed to get here, I have never had any bad experiences with usps delivery though. I did order a griddle for cooking on Amazon and it got delivered to the wrong address. The guy was nice enough to personally deliver it to my door though, even though it wasn't his job
Old 03-14-2019, 06:09 PM   #451
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
I tried to make new leaf springs out of a pull start recoil spring but they have zero flex in them. Basically I would be making a brick. So I scrapped the project after just two springs. Perhaps on a larger and heavier rig they would work.

So I went back to the web to order several sets of WPL leaves and came across this. This may work for what I want.
https://m.banggood.com/WPL-116-me%3C...p-1412340.html

Note the extension they’ve made for the servo arm.
I decided to dig this one out of its grave Hey Mr Brake Weight, did you have a chance to try that aftermarket set of leafs? I just got them delivered and I think it may work

I just dont have enough spare parts for install. I am missing secondary leafs, additional frame cross brace, and a lot of bolts and nuts....
The way it is pictured it is about 1/8 of an inch lower than 4 link - nothing additional block lift cannot cure. Those leafs are really nice and soft. I was hoping to pair them with WLtoys shocks ( with springs removed pictured in bottom left ). Converting C14/C24 to leaf springs has a lot of advantages. For example upgraded links interfere with 2 speed transmission. Also it is more realistic and opens up a chance for more negative offset wheels. That means tires under the body and not sticking out. This is something I would like to pursue, being close to scale at a small cost in performance. With shipping time 6 weeks and me having no idea what I am doing it will most likely take a year to have it done

In the mean time leafs will go under this thing:
Old 03-14-2019, 06:24 PM   #452
I wanna be Dave

I never ordered them. I’m too cheap.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:50 PM   #453
Rock Stacker

Bummer
Old 03-14-2019, 06:57 PM   #454
RCC Addict

Quote:
Bummer
I'm still working on a leafed Yota, just on the back burner for a bit
Old 03-14-2019, 07:46 PM   #455
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
I'm still working on a leafed Yota, just on the back burner for a bit

Same here. I got my metal axles and some bearings in. Tried to swap the bushings out and realized the ends of every shaft are knurled and they don’t fit. So I’ll be filing those down until they do fit. Work schedule and kids don’t allow as much time these days but I find the tinkering soothing.

On a side note. I’ve decided to build a 1/24 drift/carpet racer. Sourcing a chassis has been interesting.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:29 PM   #456
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Same here. I got my metal axles and some bearings in. Tried to swap the bushings out and realized the ends of every shaft are knurled and they don’t fit. So I’ll be filing those down until they do fit. Work schedule and kids don’t allow as much time these days but I find the tinkering soothing.

On a side note. I’ve decided to build a 1/24 drift/carpet racer. Sourcing a chassis has been interesting.
That's kind of ironic. I am doing the exact same thing. I really like the Wltoys k989. It's technically 1/28 scale but that's close enough. I started with some cheap $13 amazon special toy grade and converted it to hobby grade. I bought it mainly because it's an ae86 body, it's very close to the 2-door coupe I own, just the 3-door version.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:36 PM   #457
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

There is a YouTube channel called make it rc and he makes and sells a 3d printed 1/24 carpet chassis among other things very cool channel

Sent from my SM-S737TL using Tapatalk
Tennesseetommy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 06:18 AM   #458
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD02 View Post
That's kind of ironic. I am doing the exact same thing. I really like the Wltoys k989. It's technically 1/28 scale but that's close enough. I started with some cheap $13 amazon special toy grade and converted it to hobby grade. I bought it mainly because it's an ae86 body, it's very close to the 2-door coupe I own, just the 3-door version.

LOL. I have no need for a micro drift car. I just want one. I looked at the k9X9 cars but they are more square/wider than the Mini Q and other Mini Z body compatible chassis’.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseetommy81 View Post
There is a YouTube channel called make it rc and he makes and sells a 3d printed 1/24 carpet chassis among other things very cool channel

Sent from my SM-S737TL using Tapatalk

The guy makes some cool cars. Busy the time I priced out everything I’d need I could get competition grade chassis. But his had the full interior intact on a static model, which is very cool.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:13 PM   #459
Pebble Pounder

I just got my gears in the mail today! They were supposed to arrive this thursday, but they are early. Now I can go out and film some videos. I got some cool locations to take my WPL to as well. I also bought a set of Floureon 2s lipos. They fit better than my Li-Ion battery I got from my WLtoys 12428.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:43 PM   #460
Pebble Pounder

I did some research online and found a really helpful video on how to eliminate bump-steer and fix the stiff front suspension. What he did was straightened up the linkage that goes from the servo horn to the hub. Then he put the toe linkage that connects the hubs, to the top area on the hubs. I had to use a longer screw to fasten the linkages to the top of the hubs. But it actually works

You can find the video here: https://youtu.be/9F5L1Wq2dsM?list=PL...LnWs9xs7&t=161

WPL C14 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WPL B-1 Brake Weight Micro Scale Rigs 73 07-12-2019 09:53 AM
WPL-B24(Gaz) information sangyue Micro Scale Rigs 21 03-10-2018 06:50 PM
Fuzzy's WPL B-1 fuzzy1 Micro Scale Rigs 2 01-07-2018 06:28 PM
Intashu's WPL B-1 Intashu Micro Scale Rigs 6 11-25-2017 08:50 PM