Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs
Loading

Notices

Thread: WPL C14

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2019, 10:48 AM   #541
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Roanoke
Posts: 118
Default Re: WPL C14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFrog View Post
Nice! I will grab some of those as well as the rear shocks from the Losi if I can get that seller to just sell me the 60mm ones. That way I can design a mount to fit multiple offerings. Thanks for the link!

Edit:
I wish someone would design some nice oil filled true-to-scale shocks for these trucks =(
70mm shocks work best if you make a riser plate to mount them above the frame. I think someone will eventually design since I don't see this craze slowing down anytime soon. There were some marketed for these trucks but they are too short and the thicker ones were from a WLToys a959.

Here's a video of someone using the LC racing shocks which you could probably use as a guide for mounting the MiniT shocks

Link: https://youtu.be/PURW38VlWto?list=PL...P8zR9ZLnWs9xs7
CD02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2019, 10:51 AM   #542
Where's my hammer!
 
kincer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Apollo Pa
Posts: 1,313
Default Re: WPL C14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD02 View Post
Welcome to the family! I think I'm the only one who frequents this forum as much lately. I have heard that Mini T shocks work, I have a friend who has a bunch. But these are cheaper and would require less modification to fit since you could fit the stock springs
I'm working a new job and haven't had much time but I still check in
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 11:04 AM   #543
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Roanoke
Posts: 118
Default Re: WPL C14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
I'm working a new job and haven't had much time but I still check in
I totally forgot to mention that you can use paypal for cheaper shipping labels. I paid about $2.50 to ship you the bumpers whereas you paid almost $8
CD02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 11:25 AM   #544
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Terre Haute
Posts: 15
Default Re: WPL C14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD02 View Post
... Here's a video of someone using the LC racing shocks which you could probably use as a guide for mounting the MiniT shocks

Link: https://youtu.be/PURW38VlWto?list=PL...P8zR9ZLnWs9xs7
That guy has a nice truck. I wish I knew enough about electronics to build that light kit he made. That was awesome.
WickedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:06 PM   #545
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Roanoke
Posts: 118
Default Re: WPL C14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFrog View Post
That guy has a nice truck. I wish I knew enough about electronics to build that light kit he made. That was awesome.
You could just use a standard Chinese kit off of eBay
CD02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:16 PM   #546
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Terre Haute
Posts: 15
Default Re: WPL C14

Yeah, I have seen those. Might have to grab one just to learn how to make them.
WickedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:35 PM   #547
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Roanoke
Posts: 118
Default Re: WPL C14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFrog View Post
Yeah, I have seen those. Might have to grab one just to learn how to make them.
I might pick one up just for the reverse lights and brake lights. I'm not the guy who puts on his turn signals every time I veer left or right
CD02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:44 PM   #548
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 510
Default Re: WPL C14

I still read also. I plan on running some shocks pulled off a Dromida SC18. New aluminum chassis rails are in the works that will add higher shock mounting points...

Also need to design some new axle trusses / link mounts, and finally make a decision on what I'm going to use for links...

Also on the radar are new braces, and maybe even a new CMS/front motor setup. Anyone know a similar scale vehicle that runs a smaller 3-gear style transmission? (1/18 scale 2wd SCT maybe?) Looking for a source for gears to design around...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited by JSterrett; 11-22-2019 at 12:47 PM.
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:50 PM   #549
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Roanoke
Posts: 118
Default Re: WPL C14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSterrett View Post
I still read also. I plan on running some shocks pulled off a Dromida SC18. New aluminum chassis rails are in the works that will add higher shock mounting points...

Also need to design some new axle trusses / link mounts, and finally make a decision on what I'm going to use for links...

Also on the radar are new braces, and maybe even a new CMS/front motor setup. Anyone know a similar scale vehicle that runs a smaller 3-gear style transmission? (1/18 scale 2wd SCT maybe?) Looking for a source for gears to design around...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I don't think anyone make a 3-speed transfer case in this scale. You can use these links and metal trusses (I think that's what they're called)

The SC18 shocks are about the size of the A959 shocks marketed for these trucks. I don't think there are any externally sprung shocks that are soft enough for these to be honest. That's why I go with the LC racing shocks

These links are the ones I'm going with
Link link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DIY-Metal-U...kAAOSwxgZdZLFU
CD02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 02:29 PM   #550
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Terre Haute
Posts: 15
Default Re: WPL C14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSterrett View Post
I plan on running some shocks pulled off a Dromida SC18. New aluminum chassis rails are in the works that will add higher shock mounting points...
I have the exact same shocks. I have been meaning to dig my stock Dromida shocks out and and see how they fit. I have a brushless DB18. Nice little rc's. I think they have been cloned by WLToys in the 959 series right?
WickedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 02:54 PM   #551
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 510
Default Re: WPL C14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD02 View Post
I don't think anyone make a 3-speed transfer case in this scale. You can use these links and metal trusses (I think that's what they're called)

The SC18 shocks are about the size of the A959 shocks marketed for these trucks. I don't think there are any externally sprung shocks that are soft enough for these to be honest. That's why I go with the LC racing shocks

These links are the ones I'm going with
Link link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DIY-Metal-U...kAAOSwxgZdZLFU
Yeah, the forward motor project is WAY in the future, lol. I'm sure I'll have to design the transfer case too.

The SC18 shocks feel pretty soft, and I had them on hand, so I figured it was worth a shot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFrog View Post
I have the exact same shocks. I have been meaning to dig my stock Dromida shocks out and and see how they fit. I have a brushless DB18. Nice little rc's. I think they have been cloned by WLToys in the 959 series right?
I have no idea on the cloning part. I just happened to have a SC18 sitting here. Tried to sell it a while back but they were so cheap initially that it's hard to get anything for them on resale. Figured I might as well use it for parts. I have a brushless DB18 that I'm sure will break some things at some point, lol...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 03:22 PM   #552
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Terre Haute
Posts: 15
Default Re: WPL C14

I beat the hell out of mine and they are pretty durable. But I also have all the aluminum upgrades on mine. I mentioned the 959 because you can't get parts for the Dromida as easily anymore. But if those Dromida shocks work, the WLToys A959 shocks should be identical. Just guessing though.
WickedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 03:25 PM   #553
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Roanoke
Posts: 118
Default Re: WPL C14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFrog View Post
I beat the hell out of mine and they are pretty durable. But I also have all the aluminum upgrades on mine. I mentioned the 959 because you can't get parts for the Dromida as easily anymore. But if those Dromida shocks work, the WLToys A959 shocks should be identical. Just guessing though.
Maybe in size, but the 959 stock shocks don't hold oil very well and they have metal shock caps
CD02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:07 PM   #554
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Terre Haute
Posts: 15
Default Re: WPL C14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD02 View Post
Maybe in size, but the 959 stock shocks don't hold oil very well and they have metal shock caps
You can get shocks for the A959 that are better than the stock shocks.
WickedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 08:07 AM   #555
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Roanoke
Posts: 118
Default Re: WPL C14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFrog View Post
You can get shocks for the A959 that are better than the stock shocks.
Yeah, but the externally sprung ones are too stiff. You would have to get the ones that they also market for WPL. They're the same as the a959 metal oil shocks

959 shocks: https://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-Upgr...r_warehouse=CN

WPL Branded ones: https://www.banggood.com/WPL-4pcs-Fr...r_warehouse=CN
CD02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 10:23 AM   #556
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Terre Haute
Posts: 15
Default Re: WPL C14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD02 View Post
70mm shocks work best if you make a riser plate to mount them above the frame.
I have been modeling up the chassis to make it easy to design 3d printable parts for this truck, and 70mm looks to be a bit long for these trucks. Do you have any pics handy of 70mm shocks on a C series truck?
WickedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 01:52 PM   #557
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Terre Haute
Posts: 15
Default Re: WPL C14

These are the shocks I was referring to.
A959 Shocks

They are 65mm, and I have these on my Dromida. They are nice shocks, and mine have had the same oil in them for 5 years lol. And they are dirt cheap. I am going to throw my stock shocks back on the Dromida and see how they do on the C14.
WickedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:17 AM   #558
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Roanoke
Posts: 118
Default Re: WPL C14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFrog View Post
I have been modeling up the chassis to make it easy to design 3d printable parts for this truck, and 70mm looks to be a bit long for these trucks. Do you have any pics handy of 70mm shocks on a C series truck?
I don't but you can see this video on how he mounted his

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PURW...&index=28&t=0s
CD02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:24 PM   #559
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Roanoke
Posts: 118
Default Re: WPL C14

So I'm working out a little plow to go on the front of my C24. All I need now is some snow in the forcast...
CD02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



WPL C14 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WPL B-1 Brake Weight Micro Scale Rigs 73 07-12-2019 10:53 AM
WPL-B24(Gaz) information sangyue Micro Scale Rigs 21 03-10-2018 07:50 PM
Fuzzy's WPL B-1 fuzzy1 Micro Scale Rigs 2 01-07-2018 07:28 PM
Intashu's WPL B-1 Intashu Micro Scale Rigs 6 11-25-2017 09:50 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com