Notices

Thread: WPL C14

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2019, 09:48 AM   #541
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: WPL C14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFrog View Post
Nice! I will grab some of those as well as the rear shocks from the Losi if I can get that seller to just sell me the 60mm ones. That way I can design a mount to fit multiple offerings. Thanks for the link!

Edit:
I wish someone would design some nice oil filled true-to-scale shocks for these trucks =(
70mm shocks work best if you make a riser plate to mount them above the frame. I think someone will eventually design since I don't see this craze slowing down anytime soon. There were some marketed for these trucks but they are too short and the thicker ones were from a WLToys a959.

Here's a video of someone using the LC racing shocks which you could probably use as a guide for mounting the MiniT shocks

Link: https://youtu.be/PURW38VlWto?list=PL...P8zR9ZLnWs9xs7
CD02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2019, 09:51 AM   #542
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD02 View Post
Welcome to the family! I think I'm the only one who frequents this forum as much lately. I have heard that Mini T shocks work, I have a friend who has a bunch. But these are cheaper and would require less modification to fit since you could fit the stock springs
I'm working a new job and haven't had much time but I still check in
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 10:25 AM   #543

Quote:
... Here's a video of someone using the LC racing shocks which you could probably use as a guide for mounting the MiniT shocks

Link: https://youtu.be/PURW38VlWto?list=PL...P8zR9ZLnWs9xs7
That guy has a nice truck. I wish I knew enough about electronics to build that light kit he made. That was awesome.
WickedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 11:06 AM   #544
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
That guy has a nice truck. I wish I knew enough about electronics to build that light kit he made. That was awesome.
You could just use a standard Chinese kit off of eBay
Old 11-22-2019, 11:16 AM   #545

Yeah, I have seen those. Might have to grab one just to learn how to make them.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:35 AM   #546
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Yeah, I have seen those. Might have to grab one just to learn how to make them.
I might pick one up just for the reverse lights and brake lights. I'm not the guy who puts on his turn signals every time I veer left or right
Old 11-22-2019, 11:44 AM   #547
Rock Crawler

I still read also. I plan on running some shocks pulled off a Dromida SC18. New aluminum chassis rails are in the works that will add higher shock mounting points...

Also need to design some new axle trusses / link mounts, and finally make a decision on what I'm going to use for links...

Also on the radar are new braces, and maybe even a new CMS/front motor setup. Anyone know a similar scale vehicle that runs a smaller 3-gear style transmission? (1/18 scale 2wd SCT maybe?) Looking for a source for gears to design around...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited by JSterrett; 11-22-2019 at 11:47 AM.
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 11:50 AM   #548
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSterrett View Post
I still read also. I plan on running some shocks pulled off a Dromida SC18. New aluminum chassis rails are in the works that will add higher shock mounting points...

Also need to design some new axle trusses / link mounts, and finally make a decision on what I'm going to use for links...

Also on the radar are new braces, and maybe even a new CMS/front motor setup. Anyone know a similar scale vehicle that runs a smaller 3-gear style transmission? (1/18 scale 2wd SCT maybe?) Looking for a source for gears to design around...

I don't think anyone make a 3-speed transfer case in this scale. You can use these links and metal trusses (I think that's what they're called)

The SC18 shocks are about the size of the A959 shocks marketed for these trucks. I don't think there are any externally sprung shocks that are soft enough for these to be honest. That's why I go with the LC racing shocks

These links are the ones I'm going with
Link link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DIY-Metal-U...kAAOSwxgZdZLFU
Old 11-22-2019, 01:29 PM   #549

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSterrett View Post
I plan on running some shocks pulled off a Dromida SC18. New aluminum chassis rails are in the works that will add higher shock mounting points...
I have the exact same shocks. I have been meaning to dig my stock Dromida shocks out and and see how they fit. I have a brushless DB18. Nice little rc's. I think they have been cloned by WLToys in the 959 series right?
Old 11-22-2019, 01:54 PM   #550
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I don't think anyone make a 3-speed transfer case in this scale. You can use these links and metal trusses (I think that's what they're called)

The SC18 shocks are about the size of the A959 shocks marketed for these trucks. I don't think there are any externally sprung shocks that are soft enough for these to be honest. That's why I go with the LC racing shocks

These links are the ones I'm going with
Link link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DIY-Metal-U...kAAOSwxgZdZLFU
Yeah, the forward motor project is WAY in the future, lol. I'm sure I'll have to design the transfer case too.

The SC18 shocks feel pretty soft, and I had them on hand, so I figured it was worth a shot...

Quote:
I have the exact same shocks. I have been meaning to dig my stock Dromida shocks out and and see how they fit. I have a brushless DB18. Nice little rc's. I think they have been cloned by WLToys in the 959 series right?
I have no idea on the cloning part. I just happened to have a SC18 sitting here. Tried to sell it a while back but they were so cheap initially that it's hard to get anything for them on resale. Figured I might as well use it for parts. I have a brushless DB18 that I'm sure will break some things at some point, lol...

JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 02:22 PM   #551

I beat the hell out of mine and they are pretty durable. But I also have all the aluminum upgrades on mine. I mentioned the 959 because you can't get parts for the Dromida as easily anymore. But if those Dromida shocks work, the WLToys A959 shocks should be identical. Just guessing though.
Old 11-22-2019, 02:25 PM   #552
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I beat the hell out of mine and they are pretty durable. But I also have all the aluminum upgrades on mine. I mentioned the 959 because you can't get parts for the Dromida as easily anymore. But if those Dromida shocks work, the WLToys A959 shocks should be identical. Just guessing though.
Maybe in size, but the 959 stock shocks don't hold oil very well and they have metal shock caps
Old 11-22-2019, 04:07 PM   #553

Quote:
Maybe in size, but the 959 stock shocks don't hold oil very well and they have metal shock caps
You can get shocks for the A959 that are better than the stock shocks.
Old 11-23-2019, 07:07 AM   #554
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
You can get shocks for the A959 that are better than the stock shocks.
Yeah, but the externally sprung ones are too stiff. You would have to get the ones that they also market for WPL. They're the same as the a959 metal oil shocks

959 shocks: https://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-Upgr...r_warehouse=CN

WPL Branded ones: https://www.banggood.com/WPL-4pcs-Fr...r_warehouse=CN
Old 11-24-2019, 09:23 AM   #555

Quote:
70mm shocks work best if you make a riser plate to mount them above the frame.
I have been modeling up the chassis to make it easy to design 3d printable parts for this truck, and 70mm looks to be a bit long for these trucks. Do you have any pics handy of 70mm shocks on a C series truck?
Old 11-25-2019, 12:52 PM   #556

These are the shocks I was referring to.
A959 Shocks

They are 65mm, and I have these on my Dromida. They are nice shocks, and mine have had the same oil in them for 5 years lol. And they are dirt cheap. I am going to throw my stock shocks back on the Dromida and see how they do on the C14.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:17 AM   #557
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I have been modeling up the chassis to make it easy to design 3d printable parts for this truck, and 70mm looks to be a bit long for these trucks. Do you have any pics handy of 70mm shocks on a C series truck?
I don't but you can see this video on how he mounted his

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PURW...&index=28&t=0s
Old 12-02-2019, 03:24 PM   #558
Pebble Pounder

So I'm working out a little plow to go on the front of my C24. All I need now is some snow in the forcast...
Old 03-07-2020, 08:20 AM   #559
Pebble Pounder

So it's been pretty quiet here. In case anyone wants to see my build through these past months, check out my YouTube channel @Overland_RC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPP...0QMyw/featured
Old 03-11-2020, 02:02 AM   #560
nev

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
All of latest batches of trucks come with the brass gears C14 and C24, if you get one with plastic you got an older one.
Yep I can confirm that Kinser. I just received my C24 & it has brass diff gears.
nev is offline   Reply With Quote

WPL C14 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WPL B-1 Brake Weight Micro Scale Rigs 73 07-12-2019 09:53 AM
WPL-B24(Gaz) information sangyue Micro Scale Rigs 21 03-10-2018 06:50 PM
Fuzzy's WPL B-1 fuzzy1 Micro Scale Rigs 2 01-07-2018 06:28 PM
Intashu's WPL B-1 Intashu Micro Scale Rigs 6 11-25-2017 08:50 PM