Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: WPL C14

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2021, 04:32 PM   #621

Default Re: WPL C14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD02 View Post
Looks great, I have been searching for some for my root beer C24 but couldn't find any. I guess I could hand cut some, but I can't buy small amounts of vinyl like that. Did you paint it or is that the stock white? It almost looks like an eggshell color or it may just be your lighting.
My wife bought me one of the craft vinyl cutters last year for xmas so I could make decals for different models. Amazon has 12x12 sheets of mixed colours for not too much money. The stack of random colours would probably last forever if you were hand cutting small stuff.

It is painted with Rustoleum ivory silk. It was the closest I could find to the original toyota beige without having to dig out the airbrush and custom mix something
Dragons_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2021, 04:33 PM   #622
Pebble Pounder

Man, that's perfect. Would you ever consider selling some vinyls for WPLs?

Sent from my U693CL using Tapatalk
CD02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 12:36 PM   #623

I hvent really put much thought into it. Pretty busy with 2 small kids. If you want to PM me with what you were thinking, I can see what i can do.

We have a few feet of snow here, and im still waiting on parts from the slow boat, so I have only been driving this thing inside. My son has been driving my Barrage 1/24 and hes loving it now that we can both drive together. He stripped one of the gears in it too though, so also waiting for them to show up before we do too much more driving.

I have ordered the aluminum braces and metal links, but don't like the way any of the aftermarket shocks mount up. From all the pics I've seen, it looks like they use a bolt as a stud with a bunch of nuts as spacers. It also looks like there is some weird angles on the shocks to get them to clear stuff. ive been thinking about making my own shocks, unless someone has found cheap aftermarket ones that arent huge and mount awkwardly.
Old 02-06-2021, 01:12 PM   #624
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragons_Fire View Post
I hvent really put much thought into it. Pretty busy with 2 small kids. If you want to PM me with what you were thinking, I can see what i can do.

We have a few feet of snow here, and im still waiting on parts from the slow boat, so I have only been driving this thing inside. My son has been driving my Barrage 1/24 and hes loving it now that we can both drive together. He stripped one of the gears in it too though, so also waiting for them to show up before we do too much more driving.

I have ordered the aluminum braces and metal links, but don't like the way any of the aftermarket shocks mount up. From all the pics I've seen, it looks like they use a bolt as a stud with a bunch of nuts as spacers. It also looks like there is some weird angles on the shocks to get them to clear stuff. ive been thinking about making my own shocks, unless someone has found cheap aftermarket ones that arent huge and mount awkwardly.
Alright sounds good. I think you should look into the some of the Tamiya 1/14 Chinese shocks. Stick the stock springs in and they're perfect. The other internally sprung ones look like propane tanks and way too stiff like the externally sprung ones. They're actually rebranded shocks got the WLtoys 1/18 trucks

Sent from my U693CL using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-2021, 10:44 PM   #625
Rock Crawler

Quote:

I used 1/18 Dromida shocks with the stock springs cut down and installed internally. I'm also running a custom chassis and trusses though, so not sure how hard it would be to get them to work with another setup...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 12:47 PM   #626

How did you cut the chassis? it looks pretty good.

I might make my own shocks with the stock springs. Last night i was playing around with some old Losi MRC shocks i had laying around and i figured they were almost perfect and i could just use the stock springs internally, but the more i thought about it, the more i wanted to get the MRC back together as its all completely custom. i had pulled apart the tube chassis i had made so i could work on it, and it has since been lost, so i have a bucket of all the other parts stull sitting there.
Old 02-07-2021, 03:59 PM   #627
Rock Crawler

Quote:
How did you cut the chassis? it looks pretty good.
I work with metal fabrication equipment, my boss lets me use the equipment for my projects. This was made with a CNC Press Punch and a metal brake.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 04:46 PM   #628

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSterrett View Post
I work with metal fabrication equipment, my boss lets me use the equipment for my projects. This was made with a CNC Press Punch and a metal brake.
Ok, thanks. The edges made it look punched, but I wasnt sure if you were just amazing with shears.
Old 02-15-2021, 07:21 PM   #629

Just to bump this back to the first page, here is a new "shock" I just made for the c24.

Last edited by Dragons_Fire; 02-15-2021 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-17-2021, 08:46 AM   #630
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Just to bump this back to the first page, here is a new "shock" I just made for the c24.

Very cool, looks nice and scale!
Old 02-17-2021, 11:31 AM   #631
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD02 View Post
Man, that's perfect. Would you ever consider selling some vinyls for WPLs?
Here's someone on that popular auction site selling WPL tailgate and windshield decals; no experience with him but hey, 15 sold (at this time) and a 100% rating.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WPL-C24-C14...r/324379887354
Undead Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 12:20 PM   #632
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undead Jeeper View Post
Here's someone on that popular auction site selling WPL tailgate and windshield decals; no experience with him but hey, 15 sold (at this time) and a 100% rating.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WPL-C24-C14...r/324379887354
Yeah I saw that a while back. Wasn't sure if it actually came with the "TOYOTA" tailgate decals since it only actually showed some band vinyls and then an RC4WD TF2
Old 03-04-2021, 01:37 PM   #633
Pebble Pounder

I feel like this thread just expanded my mind in regards to micro scale stuff, whole lot of respect for you guys.
SurlyBurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 02:57 PM   #634
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurlyBurly View Post
I feel like this thread just expanded my mind in regards to micro scale stuff, whole lot of respect for you guys.
The "micro scale" description might turn off a lot of newcomers who don't actually know these WPL Toyota trucks are 1/14 and pretty large in reality.

Micro means Hot Wheels size, or 1/32-1/35 or something along those lines to me but I'm not sure about what an official hobby source might
call it.

Last edited by Undead Jeeper; 01-07-2022 at 03:01 PM.
Undead Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

WPL C14 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WPL B-1 Brake Weight Micro Scale Rigs 73 07-12-2019 09:53 AM
WPL-B24(Gaz) information sangyue Micro Scale Rigs 21 03-10-2018 06:50 PM
Fuzzy's WPL B-1 fuzzy1 Micro Scale Rigs 2 01-07-2018 06:28 PM
Intashu's WPL B-1 Intashu Micro Scale Rigs 6 11-25-2017 08:50 PM