Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Noobs first build. ECX Barrage 1/24.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2018, 02:08 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Noobs first build. ECX Barrage 1/24.

This is my first Hobby grade rc and I come from mostly real life car modding. I figured I may have some things that I do to my rc that other people might not have thought about so I figured I would post my build.

Pics and stuff are soon to be coming in.

Parts List:
SG92R Micro Digital Servo 2.5kg
Fast Eddy Bearing Kit

Modifications:
C-hub nub shaveThe nub you see is what it starts out as. I filed it flush. Its probably like 2-3 degrees in either direction of additional steering angle.
2s Lipo (Eventually. I want to get a new ESC/TX/RX before)
180 Tranmission. Credit goes to User Moondaddy who I believe did i first. If you 180 the transmission the motor wires do not reach the receiver so I relocated it on top of the servo. Once you do that the body posts are not long enough. I decided I wanted a different front body anyways so it was no big deal. Alternatively you could get longer body posts in the front to clear it.

Part Reviews:

SG92R servo. Its ok. You can not find the specs for the stock servo anywhere. After installing this one I am going to guess the stock one is in the 1.7-1.9kg range. This upgrade is somewhat worth it but I think I will upgrade to the 5kg Savox Servo Next.

Last edited by Heroesneverquit; 01-24-2018 at 08:24 PM.
Heroesneverquit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2018, 09:21 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Noobs first build. ECX Barrage 1/24.

Put in the fast eddy bearing kit. For anyone looking to do this upgrade its not too bad. The front axle bearings on the differential can be a pain to get off. The pins on the end slide out of the way but are very stiff and hard to move. I slide them out halfway and just slid the bushings/bearings over that way. Removing them all the way may be possible but I wouldnt want to try it. Its 7 in the front axle, 3 in the rear, and 8 in the transmission if my memory serves me right. When doing the difs there is one behind the gear that comes off the drive shaft. I did not notice this the first time around and had to disassemble the axles... again. The transmission gears also only fit into the box in one way.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:45 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Informative post. Thank you sir.
5bites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:53 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Fit a new body from revell on. Trying to figure out how to secure the front down though.
Old 01-27-2018, 04:45 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesneverquit View Post
Fit a new body from revell on. Trying to figure out how to secure the front down though.

I used a revell model as well on mine. I just drilled holes in the hood for the body pots to come through. Not the most scale looking option but the next one I build up I’ll take some more time and mess with some styrene and magnets to hold the front and rear down if I ditch the honcho style rear section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jason02ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 12:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesneverquit View Post

Any luck yet? I want pics lol
Brappsicles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:23 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason02ws6 View Post
I used a revell model as well on mine. I just drilled holes in the hood for the body pots to come through. Not the most scale looking option but the next one I build up I’ll take some more time and mess with some styrene and magnets to hold the front and rear down if I ditch the honcho style rear section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was this a 1/24 Revell?
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 11:42 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brappsicles View Post
Any luck yet? I want pics lol
My barrage is actually broken right now and has been for quite some time. Everytime I got it working some thing new broke, its always the electronics though. Probably because I was cheaping out. I can get you a picture of it with the body on but my painting looks like garbage and I never got around to painting the hood lol.

Noobs first build. ECX Barrage 1/24. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st Hobby Grade RC, ECX Barrage 1.9 Build 220shaun 1.9 Scale Rigs 17 08-16-2017 12:38 AM
ECX Barrage, A noobs attempt at scale crawling Pilot_MM Videos! 1 01-04-2017 11:45 PM
ECX barrage Cpyonker General Crawlers 7 12-21-2016 09:18 PM
ECX Barrage 1/12 for husbands bday build/questions Mirmirshay Newbie General 7 11-15-2016 01:28 PM