Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Should I go bigger than 1/24th for my kid?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2018, 09:47 PM   #1

Default Should I go bigger than 1/24th for my kid?

Hi Everyone,
I just sold my Gelande 1/18th after a few days because my kid (4 years old) will be too hard on it since it'll be dropping/falling from a few feet routinely and all that metal doesn't seem to like that.

I like that size and I know the Gelande is pretty much a 1/24, but I've also seen some 1/18 (ECX Temper) or a 1/16 (Redcat Everest 16) and wonder if those sizes would be better for him. It'll be mostly an indoor truck which is why I think 1/24 is easier, but I know he'll want to take it outside as well.

We both prefer the scale look, but for the smaller crawlers, I want it to be able to perform as well as possible, even if that means not looking like a real truck.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions. I couldn't find anywhere on the forums where a 'sort of mini' scale was talked about.
AGHolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2018, 04:49 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Should I go bigger than 1/24th for my kid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGHolman View Post
Hi Everyone,
I just sold my Gelande 1/18th after a few days because my kid (4 years old) will be too hard on it since it'll be dropping/falling from a few feet routinely and all that metal doesn't seem to like that.

I like that size and I know the Gelande is pretty much a 1/24, but I've also seen some 1/18 (ECX Temper) or a 1/16 (Redcat Everest 16) and wonder if those sizes would be better for him. It'll be mostly an indoor truck which is why I think 1/24 is easier, but I know he'll want to take it outside as well.

We both prefer the scale look, but for the smaller crawlers, I want it to be able to perform as well as possible, even if that means not looking like a real truck.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions. I couldn't find anywhere on the forums where a 'sort of mini' scale was talked about.
Welcome to RCC and I'd stay with 1/24 for indoors and good for some outdoors too. The ECX Barrage 1/24 is a sweet little truck that seems to crawl well and has some support such as bearing kit and mods already. I'd say it should be more durable under hard use since they used plastic in key areas and a lexan body, unlike the RC4WD Gelande. Here's link to the truck.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...rtr-ecx00017t1

Great video by Harley with free mods and bearing install how to!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Y6...ature=youtu.be
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:11 PM   #3

Default Re: Should I go bigger than 1/24th for my kid?

Anything bigger than 1/24 it’s useless indoor.
Gëlande 1/18 with the new r5 v2 transmission it’s very good
Barrage it’s good too but it runs a little bit fast but perhaps your kit found it funny
Andersen72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Should I go bigger than 1/24th for my kid? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bigger than 2.2 klampykixx Large Scale Rigs 51 07-19-2014 08:04 PM
2.2 or bigger? fstrnu Tamiya Clod Buster 7 12-28-2009 09:27 AM
need to go bigger ax-10 victor Axial AX-10 Scorpion 23 02-07-2009 12:59 AM