Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Looking for old GamyRC STL files, for losi/sumo/rocksta etc..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2019, 07:06 PM   #1

Default Looking for old GamyRC STL files, for losi/sumo/rocksta etc..

Hello all, I'm trying to build/upgrade my Basher Rocksta, was about to get into frame design and found GamyRC used to have his files up for free! I was wondering if anyone had any of his old STL files kicking around so i could 3D print a new frame out.
R3DRumG33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2019, 07:19 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Looking for old GamyRC STL files, for losi/sumo/rocksta etc..

The posts should show up when searching for "GamyRC" if not you could always message him on here or YouTube. I believe he even has a thingieverse account with that SN

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:37 PM   #3

Trust me i have or i wouldn't have posted this thread, He has no files on his thingiverse at least that i can see, i have sent Fungi from Lynx Tech an e-mail, i guess i could try to get a hold of Gamy on here or YT, just didnt know if someone still had the files kicking around, two hours of searching so far.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:50 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I guess he must have removed everything from his account. All the links and pictures leading to it are now dead ends.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:18 PM   #5

Yeah that is what i am thinking, I wish that you could purchase the STL files from shapeway instead of having them print it for you....at that point would probably be better off gettting itthrew lynx tech.....Hopefully someone will see this that still has them
Old 01-19-2019, 08:22 AM   #6

Small update, Have e-mails sent out to all applicable people waiting to here back, If I get the files, I will, with his permission, upload them so all you guys can have access to them. Im thinking the reason they got took down was because Lynx micro started to produce the chassis, as well as Gamy himself selling them on shapways, I would be willing to buy the STL file, I just don;t need it 3d printed by someone else when I have a very capable 3d printer
Old 01-23-2019, 03:19 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Hey guys. Sorry there has been issues with my free files but I had to remove them because I just got tired of fighting people that felt I wasn't giving enough out for free. I tried balancing what I had on Shapeways with what I offered on Thingiverse but some people wanted me to post every single file for free and my youtube account became a nightmare having to delete all the negative messages calling me names (main reason why I havent posted any more videos). This wasn't a huge issue at first but a few weeks ago my 8yr old saw a message before I got to it and it was some guy threatening me for not giving him all my files, mind you this was 1hr after he posted a message asking "nicely" for extra Basher files and mentioning how he had already printed several of my models. I got into the hobby so that I could have something to do with my son that we both enjoyed, after that I got a little better at it and decided it wouldn't hurt to offer free stuff since it really was just fun to see people enjoy my designs. But now that my son feels like this is not fun after seeing the message I feel less desire to keep up with it. I may come back and post the files later but for now I'm sure there's a lot of people that saved them, there were over 15k downloads of my free files before I took them down from Thingiverse. Sorry again.
Gamyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:52 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

people are d-bags.

you give them free and it's not enough, too bad.

keeping the interest alive with the boy is more important.
500swmag is offline   Reply With Quote

Looking for old GamyRC STL files, for losi/sumo/rocksta etc.. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Basher Rocksta vs. Redcat Sumo Mongol Pete General Crawlers 4 03-31-2018 10:40 PM
3D printed body STL files? raybies_AU Paint and Body 3 07-27-2017 05:42 PM
Losi trekker n HK rocksta arevir Micro Scale Rigs 0 06-06-2016 10:34 PM
just got losi micro and sumo from fs section RootBreaker Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 8 03-12-2013 12:48 PM
CAD Files (DWG, DXF, STL, IGES, VDA, VRML) BARK General Crawlers 23 12-24-2010 07:23 PM