Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: WPL with no waiting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2018, 10:45 PM   #1

Default WPL with no waiting

I walked into my LHS the other day looking for some paint, I saw this on the consignment shelf and for $30 I took it home.
Attached Images

Mitch58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2018, 02:41 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: WPL with no waiting

I’m currently fidling with that MAN Kat1.

Suspension isn’t really impressive. Straight from the box, with the stock electronics it’s a bloody hotrod, so fast..
However. The cabin has tons of space for all kinds of quality parts, sound, receiver, lighting controller. I like that. Scale is not 1/16, but about 1/20, different from the other “1/16” trucks. Still quite large compared to the others. This thing is 40cm exact, the real MAN Kat 6x6 is about 8.5 meters.

The model looks incredible though, despite the junk-electronics and not very impressive suspension.

The tracked truck is currently on the slow boat from China. When I get it, I promise to do a small review, though not with the stock electronics, mind You..
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 03:42 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: WPL with no waiting

It most certainly has an interior. The average 3.75” action figure with its lower legs removed fits like a glove. I had a Thunderbirds are Go Kayo laying around, removed the lower legs, shaved the upper legs and bum for about 2 to 3 mm on the underside and with a dab of hot glue, she fits very nicely. Even grabs the steering wheel convincingly.

With the interior in, there’s still ample space in the rear part/engine bay for full-size electronics ànd a Turnigy “LED & Car Engine Simulator” smart sound system with a compact speaker. Got everything stuck-in with velcro to make fiddling with the electronics easier.

By the by, I replaced the ‘Dragster” like 130 motor with the 180 that comes with the WPL kits, and filled the diffs with 50000cps diff oil. NOW it’s a proper crawler/trail truck, and no longer a Hotrod. Goes at a normal walking pace.

(Fitted the faster 130 in the WPL C24 Toyota, wow.. speedy...... and proceeded to shred the gears... ooops.. tooo much? Now waiting for the slow boat from China with all the metal parts)

Last edited by Jay-Em; 12-11-2018 at 03:54 AM.
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote

WPL with no waiting - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WPL B-1 Brake Weight Micro Scale Rigs 73 07-12-2019 09:53 AM
Latest WPL 1/16 Brake Weight Micro Scale Rigs 70 02-21-2019 12:41 AM
Wpl b-16 MGCrawler Micro Scale Rigs 0 05-05-2018 07:10 PM