Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Kincer's mini Yota

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2018, 07:10 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: Kincer's mini Yota

I'm still buying the metal upgrade kit with the steel gears for both trucks because the stock axles still only have plastic bushings in them. I may run the brass gears for a while though but have the steel for backups.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2018, 07:48 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

China fleaBay bearings would be an improvement. If you don’t mind waiting another 4 weeks. LOL.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:56 AM   #43
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
China fleaBay bearings would be an improvement. If you don’t mind waiting another 4 weeks. LOL.
Yeah I know it'll take a while but I'll be doing some painting while I wait lol
Old 12-12-2018, 09:39 AM   #44
Rock Stacker

Quote:
The metal upgrade kit comes with bearings. Not sure how good they are yet, but rolling in my fingers was smooth.
chevyfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:50 AM   #45
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfried View Post
The metal upgrade kit comes with bearings. Not sure how good they are yet, but rolling in my fingers was smooth.
Good to know, thanks! Anything close to a bearing is better than plastic bushings.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:20 AM   #46
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
Good to know, thanks! Anything close to a bearing is better than plastic bushings.
Looks like there is a few metal upgrade kits, not sure if they are different but this is the one I got:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Upgr...915966913.html

My coworker is laughing because the metal upgrade kit cost more than the C14 kit.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:22 AM   #47
RCC Addict

Quote:
Looks like there is a few metal upgrade kits, not sure if they are different but this is the one I got:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Upgr...915966913.html

My coworker is laughing because the metal upgrade kit cost more than the C14 kit.
The one I have in my cart on ebay is the same except for the ring and pinion are steel.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:27 PM   #48
Rock Stacker

Quote:
The one I have in my cart on ebay is the same except for the ring and pinion are steel.
Do you have a link?
Old 12-12-2018, 01:39 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:
Do you have a link?
Here you go

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F192655253322
Old 12-12-2018, 01:43 PM   #50
Rock Stacker

Quote:
That's a nice kit. It comes with the metal steering links instead of the metal driveshafts. My next upgrade is the steering links and suspension links. Havent even built the truck yet lol
Old 12-12-2018, 02:39 PM   #51
RCC Addict

Yeah I've been looking at this stuff for quite a while trying to figure out how to get the most for the least lol.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:57 PM   #52
RCC Addict

So I was tinkering with shocks tonight and I cut the springs, basically just cut the tight coils off the one end of the spring, it dropped the truck between 1/8 to 3/16 of an inch but more importantly it made it less bouncy, it will due for now til I find something more suitable.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:17 PM   #53
Rock Crawler

I'm kinda amazed that he last-gen RTR already has the most elementary upgrades needed, brass gears and steering servo.

Those crafty chinese must be watching the respective fora and YT on mini-crawlers quite dilligently. To me the C24 just went from "throw away any stock-electronics and running gear" to "Let's run it for a while without too many worries"

Those little crawlers are now quickly encroaching on Hobby-grade territory.

My word! Exellently detailed hard-bodies, AND fixed electronics and running gear. What more could one want for $30.- to $40.-

Last edited by Jay-Em; 12-12-2018 at 03:19 PM.
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 03:52 PM   #54
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-Em View Post
I'm kinda amazed that he last-gen RTR already has the most elementary upgrades needed, brass gears and steering servo.

Those crafty chinese must be watching the respective fora and YT on mini-crawlers quite dilligently. To me the C24 just went from "throw away any stock-electronics and running gear" to "Let's run it for a while without too many worries"

Those little crawlers are now quickly encroaching on Hobby-grade territory.

My word! Exellently detailed hard-bodies, AND fixed electronics and running gear. What more could one want for $30.- to $40.-
They are definitely improving but they got a ways to go, the combination esc receiver browns out, the steering wheel on the transmitter barely steers it but surprisingly the steering trim knob will steer it great lol. Honestly the body is worth the price in my opinion. Nothing a new esc and my flysky radio can't fix lol.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:24 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

This is what pains me to buy these kits. I’d rather stick build links and source various bearings than pay that much.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:45 PM   #56
RCC Addict

Quote:
This is what pains me to buy these kits. I’d rather stick build links and source various bearings than pay that much.
After I get the initial upgrade parts and know exactly what I need and don't need I plan on my making my own links and source bearings elsewhere if I decide to build anymore of these, I can see doing 3 or 4 of these and building a little course at my house out back where the wife wouldn't mind and run these at home to get my fix. There is nothing on my property real challenging for the 1/10 stuff but I could build a cool little course for these.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:44 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Here’s some rod ends in the m2 flava. Already amassing my bits and pieces.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F123334357445
Old 12-13-2018, 12:38 AM   #58
Rock Crawler

The brown-outs with the real steering servos puzzle me. As does the part where the trim works better as steering than the actual steering wheel.. Shame I cannot get my hands on a ‘V 2.0’ C24, yet. I’d take the TX apart and switch the wiring from trim and steering wheel around “Just to see what would happen”. Wouldn’t be the first time I got some chinese toy where the workers mucked-up the soldering and/or part of the assembling.

You’d think that the former system with that garbage quality 130 steering motor and it’s ruckus, would take more from whatever sort of BEC / Stepdown they’re using in those $0,02 ESC-RX’s, than a proper servo with a tiiiny little motor. Weirdness.

Ah, well. Mine get the cheap HK-GT2B 3 channel treatment anyways ( can’t say ‘no’ to a €22.- transmitter that already comes with a LiIon battery ànd a little USB charger. No more loose aa-cells. Yay! ) I got some 3 cars on order. All kits, because, indeed, despite the significant improvements, the RTRs stìll do not fill me with total confidence.

Admittedly, 30 years of fiddling with RC cars has skewed my perspective on a ‘Quality Car’ for a bit, But, taking a step back, and looking at it from the perspective of someone that just wants to putt-putt around in the living room, or in a groomed garden? I’d say these little cars are “growing up” quite rapidly. (And the price of the RC4wd 1/18 cars more and more ‘Way too much for what You get” But, then again, their cars are all overpriced imho, and overhere with a hefty 21% VAT, they are seriously expensive)

Last edited by Jay-Em; 12-13-2018 at 12:48 AM.
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 05:12 AM   #59
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-Em View Post
The brown-outs with the real steering servos puzzle me. As does the part where the trim works better as steering than the actual steering wheel.. Shame I cannot get my hands on a ‘V 2.0’ C24, yet. I’d take the TX apart and switch the wiring from trim and steering wheel around “Just to see what would happen”. Wouldn’t be the first time I got some chinese toy where the workers mucked-up the soldering and/or part of the assembling.

You’d think that the former system with that garbage quality 130 steering motor and it’s ruckus, would take more from whatever sort of BEC / Stepdown they’re using in those $0,02 ESC-RX’s, than a proper servo with a tiiiny little motor. Weirdness.

Ah, well. Mine get the cheap HK-GT2B 3 channel treatment anyways ( can’t say ‘no’ to a €22.- transmitter that already comes with a LiIon battery ànd a little USB charger. No more loose aa-cells. Yay! ) I got some 3 cars on order. All kits, because, indeed, despite the significant improvements, the RTRs stìll do not fill me with total confidence.

Admittedly, 30 years of fiddling with RC cars has skewed my perspective on a ‘Quality Car’ for a bit, But, taking a step back, and looking at it from the perspective of someone that just wants to putt-putt around in the living room, or in a groomed garden? I’d say these little cars are “growing up” quite rapidly. (And the price of the RC4wd 1/18 cars more and more ‘Way too much for what You get” But, then again, their cars are all overpriced imho, and overhere with a hefty 21% VAT, they are seriously expensive)
Not sure if I didn't charge the included lipo long enough or not, it says charge for 120min plugged into usb of computer with the included usb cable, I used a phone charger for about 30min. Still it was browning out the first minute in the rocks with the throttle on and the servo trying to turn, there would have been enough of a charge you would think though. Doesn't matter I'll be changing all that out, just was curious to see what it would do stock. I'm still happy with it, I've watched enough videos to see it can be made into a capable little rig.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:45 AM   #60
RCC Addict

Quote:
Here’s some rod ends in the m2 flava. Already amassing my bits and pieces.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F123334357445
Thanks for the link!

Not sure as to what all thread I'm gonna use, any thoughts?

Last edited by kincer; 12-13-2018 at 05:52 AM.

Kincer's mini Yota - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yota mini-crawl by LB Productions z71baja Scale Videos! 2 06-05-2016 10:57 AM
Kincer's new Jeep kincer 1.5 Scale Rigs 30 07-10-2014 04:40 AM
TTC Mini Yota sheedy126 2.2 Scale Rigs 7 02-24-2011 03:01 PM
losi mini rc yota scalar? 01tj Newbie General 5 05-05-2010 02:38 PM