RCC Addict

Default Re: Kincer's mini Yota

Back together, looks less toyish now, in my opinion anyhow lol
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2018, 12:46 PM   #102
Rock Stacker

Looks good! How do you like the stock servo? Would a smaller metal geared one do better?
chevyfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 01:45 PM   #103
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfried View Post
Looks good! How do you like the stock servo? Would a smaller metal geared one do better?
I tried the MG90s and the stock servo, both work well for this, I put the stock servo back in this one just to see how long it lasts lol
Old 01-02-2019, 07:11 AM   #104
RCC Addict

Quote:
Happy new year and thank you for the info.
You're welcome, happy New Year to you too!
Old 01-03-2019, 04:43 PM   #105
RCC Addict

Finally got some painting done, its painted in primer gray with a black backing on the inside to get rid of the red when you look underneath. I did light gray primer because I screwed up the body on the driver's side with a heat gun trying to un warp the front part of the bedside and I ended up making it worse. I got it better but not perfect and would've been real noticeable in gloss or semi gloss paint. Those little taillight decals were tricky to get on right, tweezers and a small piece of plastic are you friends lol. Still need to paint tool box. I scuffed the camper top to take the gloss off and make it look older and chalky. Still waiting on my Esc's so I'll keep detailing it til they arrive.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:32 AM   #106
Rock Stacker

Looking good. Just make sure you put the fenders on the inside
Old 01-06-2019, 10:27 AM   #107
RCC Addict

Esc's should be here tomorrow, got some more details done. It's time to start on the C14 now.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:40 AM   #108
RCC Addict

I got four esc's delivered yesterday, 2 30 amp minis from eBay and 2 Hobbywing 1625s, bench tested the 30 amp ones last night and they work great just plug and play. I will install the 30 amp in my Yota tonight with the 180 motor and do some testing.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:50 PM   #109
RCC Addict

I installed the 30 amp esc with the 180 motor, can only run 2s with this esc so I ran the stock 2s that came with the truck. it's slow but very torquey, with the front wheels weighted it climbs like a goat, crawled right through my rock garden with river rocks. Very happy so far, very cool little truck! I may try the 2spd in it tomorrow. Truck is still mostly stock other than the esc, radio, and steering links.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:51 PM   #110
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
I installed the 30 amp esc with the 180 motor, can only run 2s with this esc so I ran the stock 2s that came with the truck. it's slow but very torquey, with the front wheels weighted it climbs like a goat, crawled right through my rock garden with river rocks. Very happy so far, very cool little truck! I may try the 2spd in it tomorrow. Truck is still mostly stock other than the esc, radio, and steering links.
You think its torquey now, wait for that 4wd low!
Old 01-08-2019, 03:11 PM   #111
RCC Addict

Quote:
You think its torquey now, wait for that 4wd low!
I still have the dual N30 motor setup to try yet too, I also will be trying the Hobbywing 1625 on 3s as well. Lot's of different options for these.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:05 AM   #112
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I still have the dual N30 motor setup to try yet too, I also will be trying the Hobbywing 1625 on 3s as well. Lot's of different options for these.
I have the dual N20, the speed is about equal to the 2 speed's low gear. The gear spread is quite dramatic, it will chirp the tires. I would say the speed in high is equal to a human jog. I dont see a need for 3s with the 2 speed. I have my Lunchbox and Rally car for speed cravings, this one can stay nice and slow.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:08 AM   #113
RCC Addict

Quote:
I have the dual N20, the speed is about equal to the 2 speed's low gear. The gear spread is quite dramatic, it will chirp the tires. I would say the speed in high is equal to a human jog. I dont see a need for 3s with the 2 speed. I have my Lunchbox and Rally car for speed cravings, this one can stay nice and slow.
I was thinking 3s for the dual motor setup, I think 2s will plenty for the 2spd as well. I just wanna try all the combinations since it's so easy to swap things out lol
Old 01-09-2019, 10:31 AM   #114
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I was thinking 3s for the dual motor setup, I think 2s will plenty for the 2spd as well. I just wanna try all the combinations since it's so easy to swap things out lol
Im guessing you got the 12v version of the N30s?
Old 01-09-2019, 10:41 AM   #115
RCC Addict

Quote:
Im guessing you got the 12v version of the N30s?
Not sure really lol, guy on YouTube running N30s with Hobbywing 1060 and 3s. I ran that stock 130 motor almost an hour on 3s with no issues. I guess I'll find out lol
Old 01-09-2019, 12:16 PM   #116
Rock Crawler

Curious to see how the n30 does on 3s.

I had the n20 set up and on 2s its extremely slow, absolutely no wheel speed. I also blew one of the little gear boxes in my living room.
PileDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:19 PM   #117
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PileDriver View Post
Curious to see how the n30 does on 3s.

I had the n20 set up and on 2s its extremely slow, absolutely no wheel speed. I also blew one of the little gear boxes in my living room.
We shall see soon
Old 01-09-2019, 01:02 PM   #118
Rock Crawler

ok let us know
PileDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 05:10 PM   #119
RCC Addict

So I tried the 2spd tonight with the 370 motor on 2s with the 30amp esc, lots of fun and the 2 spd works really well, shifts nice and smooth. High gear is much faster than the 180 motor with the stock transmission and low gear is nice and slow and torquey. Not sure when i'll get around to trying the dual N30 motors, I'm definitely gonna try them but might be a bit. So as of now the only upgrades on this truck are the steering link, 30 amp esc, 2spd transmission with 370 motor, front wheel weights, and steel driveshafts. I had to use the driveshafts because the plastic ones would not work with the 2 spd. This thing is a blast! No it's not a 1/10 scale rig that will climb a tree but for what it is it's a lot of fun.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:14 AM   #120
Rock Stacker

Quote:
So I tried the 2spd tonight with the 370 motor on 2s with the 30amp esc, lots of fun and the 2 spd works really well, shifts nice and smooth. High gear is much faster than the 180 motor with the stock transmission and low gear is nice and slow and torquey. Not sure when i'll get around to trying the dual N30 motors, I'm definitely gonna try them but might be a bit. So as of now the only upgrades on this truck are the steering link, 30 amp esc, 2spd transmission with 370 motor, front wheel weights, and steel driveshafts. I had to use the driveshafts because the plastic ones would not work with the 2 spd. This thing is a blast! No it's not a 1/10 scale rig that will climb a tree but for what it is it's a lot of fun.
The 2 speed with metal shafts is definitely the best setup currently. The gear spread is very wide giving a swift crawl and then also a quick jog pace too. Plenty of torque in either gear, have not had the motor stall once yet. The motor also stays nice and cool, I bought a $1 heatsink from china which is on the way but I am not even sure I will use it.

The only thing I dislike about the 2 speed is how low it sits. I will have to modify the battery tray, but I am going to TRY and design a 10mm riser just to give it a bit more clearance.

Kincer's mini Yota - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yota mini-crawl by LB Productions z71baja Scale Videos! 2 06-05-2016 10:57 AM
Kincer's new Jeep kincer 1.5 Scale Rigs 30 07-10-2014 04:40 AM
TTC Mini Yota sheedy126 2.2 Scale Rigs 7 02-24-2011 03:01 PM
losi mini rc yota scalar? 01tj Newbie General 5 05-05-2010 02:38 PM