Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Orlandoo Hunter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2019, 10:14 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Orlandoo Hunter

Hey folks,

I've been on the forum for a long time but rarely post. I've never been much into crawling, but have gotten more so in the last couple of years. There is something about it that's just as enjoyable as high speed bashing, but only able to be satisfied by crawling.

No real hardcore crawlers for me, I generally like more sort of multi purpose rigs. I've built up a telluride and a slash 4x4 to be trail type rigs with decent crawl ability and decent speed ability. I have a losi MRC mostly stock which is lots of fun.

I have yearned for a tiny crawler for quite some time, and stumbled across the Orlandoo Hunter recently.

I've ordered the Jeep, with a 300 and 120 rpm motor, and the 2.2 g servo.

My plan is to use a spare Losing ESC from the MRC, and a traxxas receiver so I can use my TQI, use the display on my phone, get telemetry, etc. I hope if I "decase" those I can fit everything okay. We'll see.

For the most part I'm good on my build and how to accomplish my goals, but I do have a few questions. I hope someone here has used a Hunter and can answer them.

The servo is rated for 4.2 v. There used to be a servo step down cable for use with a standard RX that would step the voltage down, but it seems out of stock everywhere now. So, I plan to use an external BEC that puts out 5v.

Y'all think the servo will survive on 5v?

If not I've found a servo step down cable from the world of RC planes that will reduce the voltage about .8v. That would be perfect, but again there is limited space.

Also, what the heck is the internal bec output of the list ESC? I can't find that spec listed anywhere. I've ordered two servos, so I can experiment a little and burn one up. They are only about 6 bucks each.

A standard 6vish servo that will fit suggestion would be welcome too!

I thought about using one of my Castle Sidewinder escs for the adjustability, but I really think the MRC ESC will do exactly what's needed here. I'll use the telemetry to monitor the voltage of the 2s lipo.

Not having the LEDs with the Orlandoo ESC doesn't mean anything to me.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
mwe-maxxowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2019, 07:41 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Orlandoo Hunter

She came in. Honestly, it looks like a very high quality kit, with very good instructions, and parts laid out in alphabetized bags.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:21 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Orlandoo Hunter

https://youtu.be/-faAnFjGfBQ

I plan to follow this for setup initially. I bought a set of the upgraded shocks that bannggood sells for it, but I think I'm going to try this first with just the springs. I'm thinking ling term that that might require some stiffer springs to keep it from wanting to roll side to side too badly.

Orlandoo Hunter - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Orlandoo Hunter Jeep Help Power to Satisfy Micro Scale Rigs 5 12-21-2017 01:42 AM
Gmade R1 vs Orlandoo Hunter rc2000 G-Made Crawlers 1 12-25-2016 09:22 PM
Orlandoo Hunter (jeep) THUD Newbie General 3 12-23-2016 10:29 PM
Orlandoo hunter wheatyman Micro Scale Rigs 8 08-13-2016 10:36 AM
my Orlandoo hunter build eypontwion Micro Scale Rigs 1 08-06-2016 10:26 PM