Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: New Axial scx 24 deadbolt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2019, 05:52 PM   #381
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New Axial scx 24 deadbolt

And this just came in 10 minutes ago… If y’all remember I was talking about the micro receiver TR 424…? Well it’s truly tiny and definitely gonna work!

CaliCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2019, 09:14 PM   #382
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessedacri View Post
YES! Ideally we could rally JRH to make an even smaller Revolver for the 24, but hey I'll take this too

I will be attempting this in the future with the 370 motor mount available on shapeways (Putting the 380 revolver in I mean…) Updates in the future… Already have the electronics in place for this conversion.
Old 10-10-2019, 03:40 PM   #383

Trying to install RC4WD steel stamped wheels on my new scx24. Wheel nut is really tiny, measures 3.8mm, which just slips around on the normal 4mm T wrench. Also, the assembly screws are very close not even allowing needle nose pliers in there. Any suggestions?

Thanks, John
rcflyrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:56 PM   #384
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyrj View Post
Trying to install RC4WD steel stamped wheels on my new scx24. Wheel nut is really tiny, measures 3.8mm, which just slips around on the normal 4mm T wrench. Also, the assembly screws are very close not even allowing needle nose pliers in there. Any suggestions?

Thanks, John
My suggestion is find regular nuts (not a locking nut) and use blue Loctite. The thin wall socket wrench that comes with it fits perfectly on these.

Even about a thread and a half extra!

Old 10-10-2019, 06:26 PM   #385
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliCrawler View Post
I will be attempting this in the future with the 370 motor mount available on shapeways (Putting the 380 revolver in I mean…) Updates in the future… Already have the electronics in place for this conversion.
I worry about trashing the plastic trans. I would want something stronger before upping the motor

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
scaled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:30 PM   #386
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaled View Post
I worry about trashing the plastic trans. I would want something stronger before upping the motor

Gamy has run a 380 and a huge outrunner in a puller build on his without an issue so far. The aluminum transmission case should also help with deflection of the case and gears

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:13 PM   #387

[QUOTE=CaliCrawler;5969067]My suggestion is find regular nuts (not a locking nut) and use blue Loctite. The thin wall socket wrench that comes with it fits perfectly on these.

CaliCrawler - thanks for your suggestion. Will look for hardware tomorrow. I did not remember a wrench coming with the crawler. Just looked again and didn't find anything. Double checked packaging, etc. Oh, well...

Thanks, John
rcflyrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:53 PM   #388
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyrj View Post

CaliCrawler - thanks for your suggestion. Will look for hardware tomorrow. I did not remember a wrench coming with the crawler. Just looked again and didn't find anything. Double checked packaging, etc. Oh, well...

Thanks, John
Only tool I got was a hex key.

Old 10-11-2019, 02:08 PM   #389
Pebble Pounder

[QUOTE=rcflyrj;5969140]
Quote:
My suggestion is find regular nuts (not a locking nut) and use blue Loctite. The thin wall socket wrench that comes with it fits perfectly on these.

Thanks, John

I meant the thin wall socket wrench that came with the stamped wheels… Or I could be mistaken. I know one came with the Gelande, But I could’ve sworn I got one in the package with the rims… Probably not though. I’ve been looking for it like a crazy person!

Here’s what I ended up getting because I needed them for other sizes than the wheels, That should work for this. They’re a super thin wall. I sent them back because the 1.5 mm was rounded out from the package! But purchased a single of the one I needed.

Wiha 26592 Nut Driver Set With Precision Handle, Metric, 7 Piece https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000T9R2MQ..._6.nODbVFY0GAH

Glad to help buddy!
Old 10-11-2019, 02:13 PM   #390
Pebble Pounder

I forgot to mention, when I said I will keep it stock, I wasn’t talking about looks. Was at the hardware store and found the perfect matching paint for the diff covers. Rustoleum paint and primer in one, “apple red.”

Had to wait for the paint to dry… But stock.

Last edited by CaliCrawler; 10-11-2019 at 03:37 PM.
Old 10-11-2019, 04:28 PM   #391
I wanna be Dave

Wiha is usually decent tools, KCTool has them, Wera (better ime) and many other good tools. Diff covers look good painted.
https://www.kctoolco.com
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 04:42 PM   #392
Quarry Creeper

Wiha tools are what I have

Old 10-12-2019, 08:20 PM   #393
Quarry Creeper

Conpleted a 200 gate comp today with the SCX24. Pretty impressive. I found the course fairly easy with my 2 1/10 scale trail rigs but had to really think about lines with the SCX24. Needed a couple micro scale assists but not as many as I thought it would need. Awesome little rigs!

Old 10-18-2019, 09:04 PM   #394
Quarry Creeper

Lots of upgrades installed today. Need to run it and see how it does. Not sure about the Hobyplus shocks. Not smooth.

Old 10-21-2019, 03:41 PM   #395
Pebble Pounder

Anybody notice the new upgrades? Been sitting on them for a while just needed to put in the work. No 380 revolver yet…

Old 10-21-2019, 04:19 PM   #396
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Conpleted a 200 gate comp today with the SCX24. Pretty impressive. I found the course fairly easy with my 2 1/10 scale trail rigs but had to really think about lines with the SCX24. Needed a couple micro scale assists but not as many as I thought it would need. Awesome little rigs!
Congrats, looks great too!

Quote:
Lots of upgrades installed today. Need to run it and see how it does. Not sure about the Hobyplus shocks. Not smooth.
I like the 3d printed rollcage. Maybe disassemble shocks and check for sprue not trimmed from pistons, lightly sand piston edges if needed with very fine sandpaper, like 400 grit, clean, lube, reassemble.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 07:54 PM   #397
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Congrats, looks great too!

I like the 3d printed rollcage. Maybe disassemble shocks and check for sprue not trimmed from pistons, lightly sand piston edges if needed with very fine sandpaper, like 400 grit, clean, lube, reassemble.

The shocks are more a decoration than actual shocks. Pretty much the rod is the only internal. No piston which is likely the issue. Anyone have comments on the old man emu micro shocks?
Old 10-21-2019, 07:57 PM   #398
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Anybody notice the new upgrades? Been sitting on them for a while just needed to put in the work. No 380 revolver yet…

Not much left from the original I imagine the speed control is better but a revolver 380 still scares me, I know first hand the torque in those Revolvers...
Old 10-21-2019, 08:02 PM   #399
I wanna be Dave

I think the weevolver is fine for the rigs it was designed for, but physically too big and top heavy for the SCX24.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:13 PM   #400
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
The shocks are more a decoration than actual shocks. Pretty much the rod is the only internal. No piston which is likely the issue. Anyone have comments on the old man emu micro shocks?
That’s what I run and love them (the OG)… A few comments. I definitely run them droop without springs, More travel and lower center of gravity. I also run them upside down so the weight is constantly low. I forget what the O-rings are called, But they are from the micro helicopters. But they look more like bushings with a recess in the middle of them. Anyways, I use those on the shaft (external) for some shock absorption (so it’s not metal on metal).

Not upside down in this video but you can see the beauty!

https://youtu.be/Nqjc1m6eznE

Last edited by CaliCrawler; 10-21-2019 at 10:25 PM.

New Axial scx 24 deadbolt - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX 10.2 Jeep XJ Body on SCX 10 Deadbolt? sacsmitty Axial SCX-10 5 08-15-2018 12:16 PM
My new Axial SCX-10 Deadbolt KA7EII Axial SCX-10 4 05-21-2016 09:24 PM
New scx 10 deadbolt BigCountry11 Axial SCX-10 8 07-25-2014 10:00 AM