Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New Axial scx 24 deadbolt

Wow, that looks so much better!
Xrayray is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2019, 11:14 AM   #62
Rock Crawler

Can anyone tell me the diameter of the Nittos?
Shape_Shifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:36 AM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape_Shifter View Post
Can anyone tell me the diameter of the Nittos?

They're 2 3/16" or 55 mm (17 mm wide)

Pretty much the same size as RC4WD MT/R's which are 54 mm, though they are wider at 20 mm.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:45 AM   #64
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
They're 2 3/16" or 55 mm (17 mm wide)

Pretty much the same size as RC4WD MT/R's which are 54 mm, though they are wider at 20 mm.

Thank you sir. Are the numbers printed on the side of the tires?
Shape_Shifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 12:26 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

No they aren't marked, I measured it with calipers.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 02:44 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The specs are listed on the website

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 02:47 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

They are close to RC4WD Goodyear MTRs In size, but the MTRs are much better. Comparison picture included.
The tires are listed As 2" and a 1.0" rim with 7mm hex.
which is true however the wheel seems to be in between the smaller Barrage/RGT/FTX, CR-24 and the standard 1.0" from Losi & RC4WD.
The wheel is also very narrow making it mostly useless for other tires other than the smaller RGT size.

The hex while being 7 mm is a very tight fit in some wheels and doesn't go in at all with others, though it's close enough it would with a little hand file.

I ordered separate wheels, tires, chassis, & links to mess with. The wheels are disappointingly narrow with a positive offset. They don't fit 1.0 tires well, but are ok on RGT/Barrage, CR-24 tires.
The SCX24 separate tires I've ordered however, and maybe it's my imagination but they seem stickier, granted I've already put some dirty miles on my RTR but I don't remember them feeling as sticky as these separates. It would be awesome if they made these in a better compound than the RTR like they have done with 1/10 rigs in the past, but without anything marking it as such I doubt it.

Last edited by spoo76; 06-01-2019 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-01-2019, 04:51 PM   #68
RCC Addict

Ran mine today alongside a very heavy Gelande II. Had a great time... very controllable and predictable. Motor feels pretty well-matched to the weight of the truck. Rig tipped over a lot... the bouncy 'no foam' tires didn't help although the rig does feel pretty well balanced front to back. Ran about 45 mins with consistent performance the whole time. Impressive overall. Alum or steel uca/ lca links woulda been cool... the plastic links flex too easily. I'd be interested to run it with a little more weight, soft foams, and upgraded shocks.

Last edited by high plains drifter; 06-02-2019 at 06:26 PM.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 10:20 PM   #69
Quarry Creeper

Put some time in on my little foam block crawling course. The RC4WD wheels and tires made a big difference over the stock tires. The slightly reduced ground clearance isn't an issue. The added weight and lower COG has really cut down on the tippiness that was plaguing this rig in stock form.

boldfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:20 PM   #70
Rock Stacker

I was wanting one of these but to just have fun around the house really but the thing being tipsy as mentioned and people upgrading things makes it not an option. I don't want to tinker and fix/upgrade it, I just want a small fun rc. Might get an ecx 1/18 roost.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Jackalo626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:24 PM   #71
Rock Stacker

I have an Axial bomber and a 3s brushless Senton so I have crawling and dirt/jumping in 1/10 covered as a beginner of collecting so I think something 1/18 or 1/24 is coming tomorrow. I think plenty of smaller ones will be in my future. Just seem fun and its easier to swallow spending $120 or less for everything instead of $300-$500.

Old 06-01-2019, 11:31 PM   #72
Quarry Creeper

It's a good performer out of the box. I just enjoy tweaking these things.
boldfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:43 PM   #73
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldfin View Post
It's a good performer out of the box. I just enjoy tweaking these things.
You said it was tipsy and I saw that in the promo vids as well but it checks so many boxes for me. Maybe I get the roost tomorrow and this later. I have no smaller ones, just 1/10.

Old 06-01-2019, 11:57 PM   #74
RCC Addict

For me... I like 1/24 much better than 1/16 or 1/18. It's almost as if 1/16-1/18 rigs are too big to be fun on small tight courses/ limited space but not quite up to the task of excelling on larger courses with tougher obstacles. Hard to explain and I'm sure that they have their place... just that I never found the sweet spot for my 1/16 crawler in the way that I have with my 1/24 and 1/10 scale crawlers.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 12:49 AM   #75
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
For me... I like 1/24 much better than 1/16 or 1/18. It's almost as if 1/16-1/18 rigs are too big to be fun on small tight courses/ limited space but not quite up to the task of excelling on larger courses with tougher obstacles. Hard to explain and I'm sure that they have their place... just that I never found the sweet spot for my 1/16 crawler in the way that I have with my 1/24 and 1/10 scale crawlers.
The rgt 1/24 D90 looks like a winner for my 24th scale pick based on the reviews online. But I am going to grab the 1/18 Roost tomorrow and hope to enjoy it first.

Old 06-02-2019, 01:41 AM   #76
Quarry Creeper

I swear I have been waiting for Axial to do a 1/24 crawler like this for as long as I can remember. So as soon as I saw these were a thing, I preordered but was a little late.

Mine showed up yesterday. Granted I have only run one battery pack on it outside so far (about 25 minutes? I wasn't timing).

First impressions are that this is probably the most bang I've ever gotten for my buck with an RC. I am extremely satisfied with the quality of the kit, the design of the truck itself, and the performance out of the box.

Simply put this is an amazing little rig. I want to play with the wheelbase, and try different tires. The last 1/24 I bought was the Proline Ambush. This is leagues above that. I can't wait to take it down to the river. Not wasting my time with the Ambush anymore. This is the new backpack crawler. This seems to the be the most well thought out 1/24 RC Crawler to date imo. Hope an aftermarket pops up, these things are rad.

fortysixandtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 02:06 AM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalo626 View Post
The rgt 1/24 D90 looks like a winner for my 24th scale pick based on the reviews online. But I am going to grab the 1/18 Roost tomorrow and hope to enjoy it first.

The RGT D90 is just a regular Barrage/RGT/FTX with a 1s lipo. It still doesn't have nearly enough gear reduction for crawling. The scx24 will crawl circles around it any day. Idk why some people say the SCX is "tippy" maybe compared to a 1/10 or a modified micro, but out of the box it performs far better than any scale style micro crawler and is more stable.
I'm now running hot racing aluminum beadlock wheels for the Losi, mil stone brass hex widener weights for the Losi, and RC4WD Goodyear MTRs and it's unstoppable. It pulls lines I couldn't even attempt with a similarly modded RGT/Barrage

Old 06-02-2019, 02:31 AM   #78
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
The RGT D90 is just a regular Barrage/RGT/FTX with a 1s lipo. It still doesn't have nearly enough gear reduction for crawling. The scx24 will crawl circles around it any day. Idk why some people say the SCX is "tippy" maybe compared to a 1/10 or a modified micro, but out of the box it performs far better than any scale style micro crawler and is more stable.
I'm now running hot racing aluminum beadlock wheels for the Losi, mil stone brass hex widener weights for the Losi, and RC4WD Goodyear MTRs and it's unstoppable. It pulls lines I couldn't even attempt with a similarly modded RGT/Barrage

Damn! Do you happen to know the part numbers of what you’ve got on there? Itching for more weight on mine.

How’s the servo saver handling the heavier situation?
jessedacri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 02:34 AM   #79
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post

Thanks for the heads up on the rgt!

Old 06-02-2019, 02:51 AM   #80
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessedacri View Post
Damn! Do you happen to know the part numbers of what you’ve got on there? Itching for more weight on mine.

How’s the servo saver handling the heavier situation?
Yeah! Do you have a part number? I think this would be be much more stable with a little extea weight and wider. Also, do the wideners fit the factory wheels?

Duramarks is offline   Reply With Quote

New Axial scx 24 deadbolt - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX 10.2 Jeep XJ Body on SCX 10 Deadbolt? sacsmitty Axial SCX-10 5 08-15-2018 12:16 PM
My new Axial SCX-10 Deadbolt KA7EII Axial SCX-10 4 05-21-2016 09:24 PM
New scx 10 deadbolt BigCountry11 Axial SCX-10 8 07-25-2014 10:00 AM