Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: New Axial scx 24 deadbolt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2019, 09:09 AM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New Axial scx 24 deadbolt

https://www.ebay.com/p/Mil-Stone-4-f...uts/1531577616

As far as the aluminum wheels they haven't been made in forever, but RC4WD steel or aluminum wheels also work

Tires are a huge improvement as well, stock nittos look nice, but don't bite as well as others.

And yes, they for factory wheels perfectly
(They Also have brass versions that work with the CR-24, Proline Ambush, Trekker, Mini Gelande, Carisma MSA-1E, ECX Temper, and WLtoys. I've tested the various versions on my trucks and they all fit.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2019, 09:15 AM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Btw all this talk about "scale size" this is a 1/24 ZJ compared to 1/20 ZJ
IMO most of the 1/24 micros are closer to 1/20 as far as wheels and chassis.

Old 06-02-2019, 09:46 AM   #83
Quarry Creeper

Thanks spoo76, I just ordered a set.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Duramarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 10:03 AM   #84
Rock Stacker

I know this is the scx24 thread but it kicked off my want to buy a small rc and I am sort of new to the hobby (big as a kid but way older now) and am on my way to get an ecx roost 1/18! Excited as I usually am frugal and don't treat myself to much.

Jackalo626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 03:26 PM   #85
Rock Stacker

Got my 1/18 roost and want to thank the forum for all the helpful tips. I will be getting the scx24 next after this so I feel its ok to keep posting in this thread. This has settings to keep it slow inside without having to be super careful on the trigger so it is better indoors after playing with it than I thought. Took outside and holy crap it really does fly! It gets up and through!

Old 06-02-2019, 04:36 PM   #86
Rock Crawler

I slapped the rgt wheels on mine and removed the led bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BIGW0RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 06:35 PM   #87
RCC Addict

@ BIGWORM I thought it 'needed' the rally light bar until I saw yours. That looks good.

The reason I mentioned it feeling wobbly I think is due to those tires. They gripped really well where I was using them. But frequently when my throttle control wasn't perfect and the rig was at much of an angle... it would bounce a little then effortlessly tip over. I just think I need more time with my first ever 1/24 crawler. Gotta say that it did much better than my buddy's GelandeII the other day but he's got a heavy die-cast body on his that's hindering it's stability. I maybe wrong but I feel that some weight down low as well as maybe better shocks might benefit the performance of this rig if using the OEM tires/ wheels. I've got Losi micro crawler bead locks and Rok Lox Micro Comp tires coming... not sure if they're going to work but hope so.

I'll prob keep the included body on it for now but will prob remove the light bar and also paint the interior flat or satin black as well as paint the underside black. Few pics from her first outing...

high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 06:38 PM   #88
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
@ BIGWORM I thought it 'needed' the rally light bar until I saw yours. That looks good.

The reason I mentioned it feeling wobbly I think is due to those tires. They gripped really well where I was using them. But frequently when my throttle control wasn't perfect and the rig was at much of an angle... it would bounce a little then effortlessly tip over. I just think I need more time with my first ever 1/24 crawler. Gotta say that it did much better than my buddy's GelandeII the other day but he's got a heavy die-cast body on his that's hindering it's stability. I maybe wrong but I feel that some weight down low as well as maybe better shocks might benefit the performance of this rig if using the OEM tires/ wheels. I've got Losi micro crawler bead locks and Rok Lox Micro Comp tires coming... not sure if they're going to work but hope so.

I'll prob keep the included body on it for now but will prob remove the light bar and also paint the interior flat or satin black as well as paint the underside black. Few pics from her first outing...

Thanks for sharing the pics. The green is definitely the one I will be getting.

Old 06-02-2019, 06:42 PM   #89
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
I slapped the rgt wheels on mine and removed the led bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you miss the additional ground clearance from the stock nittos with the smaller more scale tires?
jessedacri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 06:58 PM   #90
Pebble Pounder

Got to run mine today. It did everything i asked of it..Even bound it up alittle on the rocks.. For the money i am very pleased!
jenijohnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:08 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

I've already taken to modding this thing a bit and I'll post up some pics later but I'm wondering if anyone has found a manual for the AE-6 ESC/Receiver? It doesnt seem to be up on Axial's site.

My battery has a bad cell it seems so I'm just wanting to confirm the ESC's settings. It does have a LVC cut off but if I let it go all the way till it does shut off the 1 cell is super low like 2.8v vs the other at 3.6v. Its been this way the whole time so I really need to contact Horizon.

EDIT: I just checked the internal resistance and its crazy high! one is at 109 the other is 87

I also had a front dogbone slip its pin halfway out, they arent fixed in place and can move around. After it slipped out it was stopping the front axle from rotating. If this happens again I may consider using some CA to keep the dogbone pins in place.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 06-02-2019 at 07:17 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:25 PM   #92
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Thank you. I trimmed the top bar and light pods off and flipped what was left upside down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessedacri View Post
Do you miss the additional ground clearance from the stock nittos with the smaller more scale tires?
I do. Im just trying different options for the fun of it. It grips a lot better. The tires conform and squish more. But the size does limit the approach.

I will probably put some RC4WD beadlocks and a set of there tires on it once the black beadlocks come back to stock.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:06 PM   #93
Quarry Creeper

My son and I had a friendly competition in the backyard. He had his SCX24 and I had my CR24. I wasn't able to do a tenth of what he was doing, so I grabbed my SCX24 and we had fun until it got dark.

I absolutely love these little guys. It's incredible how capable they are, especially after seeing my beloved CR-24 be put to absolute shame.

Photo is my 1/10 bridge with an extra stick in the middle that allows the scx24 to drive over.
BashNSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:11 PM   #94
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
I've already taken to modding this thing a bit and I'll post up some pics later but I'm wondering if anyone has found a manual for the AE-6 ESC/Receiver? It doesnt seem to be up on Axial's site.

My battery has a bad cell it seems so I'm just wanting to confirm the ESC's settings. It does have a LVC cut off but if I let it go all the way till it does shut off the 1 cell is super low like 2.8v vs the other at 3.6v. Its been this way the whole time so I really need to contact Horizon.

EDIT: I just checked the internal resistance and its crazy high! one is at 109 the other is 87

I also had a front dogbone slip its pin halfway out, they arent fixed in place and can move around. After it slipped out it was stopping the front axle from rotating. If this happens again I may consider using some CA to keep the dogbone pins in place.

Here you go.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/AXI...-Manual-EN.pdf
Old 06-02-2019, 08:17 PM   #95
I wanna be Dave

Thanks @BIGWORM
Old 06-02-2019, 09:13 PM   #96
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Honestly the shocks are great. Better tires and weight in wheels make a huge difference

Old 06-02-2019, 11:26 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

I simplified the roll cage

3D printed a straight bar for up front to replace the light bar

Moved around the electronics, lowered the body 4.5mm and swapped to some heavier wheels.

Its driving much more like a 1/10 crawler like I know it, its my first mini.

I did an bunch of other tweaks, build thread here Whittling on a SCX24

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 06-02-2019 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:28 AM   #98
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashNSlash View Post
My son and I had a friendly competition in the backyard. He had his SCX24 and I had my CR24. I wasn't able to do a tenth of what he was doing, so I grabbed my SCX24 and we had fun until it got dark.

I absolutely love these little guys. It's incredible how capable they are, especially after seeing my beloved CR-24 be put to absolute shame.

Photo is my 1/10 bridge with an extra stick in the middle that allows the scx24 to drive over.
Cool yard course!
Old 06-03-2019, 11:32 AM   #99
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
Cool yard course!
Getting bigger and more refined every day! The SCX24 has got me excited to make this course "all scale" friendly!
BashNSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 02:40 PM   #100
Quarry Creeper

Mine arrived today, right out of the box I had to do something about the bouncing suspension, a little gob of Green Slime on the shock shafts went a long way to getting rid of the bounce. I also swapped out the springs for some micro T springs, medium front, soft rears. The springs aren't the correct diameter but a little persuasion to open up the ID of the spring and they will fit and make a HUGE dif. over the stock ones. Just my .02 cents worth...lol
whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote

New Axial scx 24 deadbolt - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX 10.2 Jeep XJ Body on SCX 10 Deadbolt? sacsmitty Axial SCX-10 5 08-15-2018 12:16 PM
My new Axial SCX-10 Deadbolt KA7EII Axial SCX-10 4 05-21-2016 09:24 PM
New scx 10 deadbolt BigCountry11 Axial SCX-10 8 07-25-2014 10:00 AM