Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Furitek Brushless Motor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2021, 04:53 PM   #1

Default Furitek Brushless Motor

I was watching one of GamyRC's youtube videos which features a Furitek Brushless Motor pulling a 12 pound ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogKDSvabx4M

The motor is supposed to be released in June.

https://furitek.com/collections/moto...pur-and-pinion

Since it appears that this motor is out in the wild could anyone that has it comment on it or post photos? Can you answer questions?

Where does the Furitek motor plate place the motor? Is it dead center or off to one side or the other? Does the ESC and battery need to be relocated or is it a plug and play type on installation?

Thank you for any info that you can provide.
_e_w_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2021, 04:34 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Furitek Brushless Motor

The Furitek motor plate places the motor is a slightly higher and more centered position than LCG Gamy RC motor mount.
I do not yet have a Furitek mount in my position (hopefully it is on the way) but I have installed many surpass motors on the Gamy RC mount and I can see pictures of the Furitek one on their web page.
vinceherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 04:42 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

This is a comparison between the picture of the Furitek mount and a mockup of the mount plate done in Sketchup.

As soon as I have it in my paws, I will be posting pics.

Old 05-27-2021, 11:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinceherman View Post
The Furitek motor plate places the motor is a slightly higher and more centered position than LCG Gamy RC motor mount.
I do not yet have a Furitek mount in my position (hopefully it is on the way) but I have installed many surpass motors on the Gamy RC mount and I can see pictures of the Furitek one on their web page.

Awesome, thank you for the info.

It's nice that Furitek sealed the can a little more to prevent debris from getting in the motor, if I go brushless this is why I'll lean towards a Furitek motor for my JLU. The Furitek provides more power than I'll ever need, but I'm sure some of that can be dialed out on my radio and through esc programming.

I am considering building a GamyRC Fat Girl, would this be a good motor for a bouncer or is it crawl only? The Axial Ryft will be the inspiration for this build, if I do it. Really wishing I did more RC homework before I bought my Losi mini's. Rock Bouncers appear to be the perfect basher, I don't understand why they aren't more popular.

Last edited by _e_w_; 05-27-2021 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-27-2021, 11:27 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

This motor plate is reversed and will hold that new motor as well as the bigger 1900KV surpass motor too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25489682065...Cclp%3A2334524

Here it is in my C10. Nothing cut to make this fit! Nothing! Battery tray flipped and scooted down to end of frame.
Bigworm’s SCX24 Build

Last edited by BIGW0RM; 05-27-2021 at 11:30 AM.
BIGW0RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 12:57 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
This motor plate is reversed and will hold that new motor as well as the bigger 1900KV surpass motor too.

I have only recently picked up Dustin's (dirtycustoms) mounts and have not actually put them in a truck yet. The do look good!
Old 05-27-2021, 12:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post

Here it is in my C10. Nothing cut to make this fit! Nothing! Battery tray flipped and scooted down to end of frame.
Bigworm’s SCX24 Build

Nice build. So many possibilities with the SCX24; Crawler, Bouncer, Monster Truck...

The mount you referenced is the one I intended to use with the Surpass, good to know it will work with the Furitek as well, thank you for pointing that out.

Anyone know if it's the same size can as a Surpass?
Old 05-27-2021, 01:03 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by _e_w_ View Post
I am considering building a GamyRC Fat Girl, would this be a good motor for a bouncer or is it crawl only? The Axial Ryft will be the inspiration for this build, if I do it. Really wishing I did more RC homework before I bought my Losi mini's. Rock Bouncers appear to be the perfect basher, I don't understand why they aren't more popular.

I have build a fair number of Gamy's cages. They are a blast!
But if they are sitting on SCX24 axles with their worm gear diffs, then it will never be much more than a crawler. Gamy himself ran and vlogged a number of experiments looking for more speed, and his conclusion was that any attempt at more speed should start with axles from a different model.
My understanding is that the Furitek motor has more can length, longer magnets and can handle more watts. None of that removes the limitations on speed. Even with the Tegu running 3s, and a large tooth count pinion like 17, you will run into current limitations from the ESC before you get much usable speed.

I am not trying to rain on your parade. Just trying to pass along the findings of others who have tried.
Old 05-27-2021, 01:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinceherman View Post
I have build a fair number of Gamy's cages. They are a blast!
But if they are sitting on SCX24 axles with their worm gear diffs, then it will never be much more than a crawler. Gamy himself ran and vlogged a number of experiments looking for more speed, and his conclusion was that any attempt at more speed should start with axles from a different model.
My understanding is that the Furitek motor has more can length, longer magnets and can handle more watts. None of that removes the limitations on speed. Even with the Tegu running 3s, and a large tooth count pinion like 17, you will run into current limitations from the ESC before you get much usable speed.

I am not trying to rain on your parade. Just trying to pass along the findings of others who have tried.

It's all good, I appreciate the info and to be honest I was already thinking about different axles, but when I watched a video of Unclelee's Deadbolt with a 8000kv that looked like it would be good enough for me and if I want more speed I can go with Treal Overdrive Gears.

I really like the size of the SCX and the price for parts is reasonable as well and on top of that there appears to be a ton of part support for it. I'm not looking to build a ballistically fast bouncer, just something fun to rip around with.

Just so I'm clear, I'm considering the Furitek/Surpass for my JLU and a PN 50 turn or PN 7500kv for the bouncer. New to this segment of the hobby and am unfamiliar with outrunners, so I don't know what type of top end they have.

Thank you for the info about the can size.

Last edited by _e_w_; 05-27-2021 at 01:33 PM.

Furitek Brushless Motor - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scx24 C10 Furitek and Surpass brushless outrunner Unclelee Micro Scale Rigs 10 01-26-2022 02:35 AM
Furitek ESCs not for Brushless Inrunners? donaldsneffe Micro Scale Rigs 5 01-25-2022 07:13 AM
Furitek Tegu Esc Rcing4life Micro Scale Rigs 25 10-08-2021 01:48 PM
Scx-24 mega mudbolt 8000kv +furitek Unclelee Micro Scale Rigs 13 05-27-2021 01:08 PM
Furitek Tegu 3S issues... Rcing4life Scale Videos! 0 03-26-2021 09:20 PM