RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Micro Scale Rigs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/micro-scale-rigs/)
-   -   Panda Hobby Tera X1 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/micro-scale-rigs/609059-panda-hobby-tera-x1.html)

Shape_Shifter 08-15-2019 09:04 AM

Re: Panda Hobby Tera X1

Quote:

Originally Posted by BugleBoy10 (Post 5956366)
Just got one of these for my son and he loves it. Of course, he'd like more batteries to keep the fun going. Does anything need to be done to the ESC to run 2S LiPos? The instructions don't mention alternate batteries or anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budman (Post 5956377)
It comes with a 2S Lithium Ion. Maybe just have to use a different charger?

Yes, Im running 2s lipos as well as the Li-ions that come with it. You just need to make sure to have the correct charger as Budman says.

BugleBoy10 08-17-2019 06:01 PM

Got a Gold Batt 2S 800mah and a charge lead to use with my balance charger and it works great. Fits perfectly in the battery tray, but will see what 20g more weight in the back does to traction.

Intashu 09-11-2019 06:01 AM

I ended up ordering one of these today. I had intended to order a CR-18, but the price on the site was in error earlier this week, and with the corrected price the total for the order was $140 shipped.
I just ordered the Panda Hobby truck off amazon, same day delivery for $150. Makes much more sense to me!

I already got a slew of spare parts laying around to mess with it. I'll have to figure out a new body for mine however. I dislike this stock body already just from the pictures. and I may swap out the gearbox to something slower that I have on hand!

Shape_Shifter 09-11-2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intashu (Post 5961550)
I ended up ordering one of these today. I had intended to order a CR-18, but the price on the site was in error earlier this week, and with the corrected price the total for the order was $140 shipped.
I just ordered the Panda Hobby truck off amazon, same day delivery for $150. Makes much more sense to me!

I already got a slew of spare parts laying around to mess with it. I'll have to figure out a new body for mine however. I dislike this stock body already just from the pictures. and I may swap out the gearbox to something slower that I have on hand!

What color body did you order? I may be interested in it if you want to part with it.

Intashu 09-12-2019 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shape_Shifter (Post 5961594)
What color body did you order? I may be interested in it if you want to part with it.

oh the order was never shipped for the CR-18, they emailed me stating a coupon was invalid and wanted an additional $50 before they'd ship. so I requested a refund and ordered the Tera X1.

good little truck I'll have to tear into, slapped my scrambler tires on it and holy crap it's way too fast for a crawler. :lmao:

Shape_Shifter 09-12-2019 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intashu (Post 5961984)
oh the order was never shipped for the CR-18, they emailed me stating a coupon was invalid and wanted an additional $50 before they'd ship. so I requested a refund and ordered the Tera X1.

good little truck I'll have to tear into, slapped my scrambler tires on it and holy crap it's way too fast for a crawler. :lmao:

Oh I thought you meant a Panda body.

Yeah, they're pretty fast. That's why I put the chain drive on mine.

spoo76 09-13-2019 08:07 PM

Does the track width on this thing actually measure up to the advertised 120mm? That seems pretty damn wide. The CR-18 has a track width of 98-99mm the RC4WD is 93mm
Anyone have measurements or comparison pictures to confirm?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

m34doors 09-14-2019 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shape_Shifter (Post 5939300)
The Scramblers look pretty good on it! I also slapped some edge trim on the fenders.

I like this thing.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/8...923/EPlsUg.jpg

Hi, would you mind sharing how did you add the fenders? What kind of edge trim? I am very new to RC car and purchased one of those $60 basher and a $20 crawler, and love them and have so much fun (same as my 7 years old daughter and 4 years old son.) I just purchased a Tetra based on your post and it will be arriving tomorrow. Thanks!

Shape_Shifter 09-14-2019 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoo76 (Post 5962256)
Does the track width on this thing actually measure up to the advertised 120mm? That seems pretty damn wide. The CR-18 has a track width of 98-99mm the RC4WD is 93mm
Anyone have measurements or comparison pictures to confirm?

The stock tires are a tiny bit wider so yeah, 120mm. Next to the CR-18 but its wearing Scramblers.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/8...921/7IYtkj.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/8...924/rUR9GT.jpg

Shape_Shifter 09-14-2019 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m34doors (Post 5962299)
Hi, would you mind sharing how did you add the fenders? What kind of edge trim? I am very new to RC car and purchased one of those $60 basher and a $20 crawler, and love them and have so much fun (same as my 7 years old daughter and 4 years old son.) I just purchased a Tetra based on your post and it will be arriving tomorrow. Thanks!

Im sorry but I dont remember exactly the edge trim size. I used the last of scraps I had in the shop for the fenders on this. I believe if you search for "cockpit coaming" or cockpit trim you will find the stuff. Possibly Sullivan brand but Im not sure. Good luck!

Intashu 09-15-2019 09:56 AM

Stuck some scramblers I had laying around on mine. Grabbed a cheap New Bright truck from target, and once I get it trimmed and mounted I'll have to do a proper post. Going for a "mud truck" vibe.

Debating on if I want to swap it down to be more of a true crawler, or make it my messy trail truck.

the old body for the panda is going on the newbright truck for my 8yr old to toy with. It's junk as far as rc cars go, but if he's happy with it for a couple weeks then It's more than paid for itself.

https://i.imgur.com/Ueh7LyU.png

MAGNUMB 09-21-2019 03:09 PM

Out of stock again on Amazon!
Went to go buy this a couple weeks ago and had plenty of stock. Was hoping to get my hands on one

spoo76 09-21-2019 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAGNUMB (Post 5964108)
Out of stock again on Amazon!
Went to go buy this a couple weeks ago and had plenty of stock. Was hoping to get my hands on one

Available on eBay shipping from NJ

MAGNUMB 09-23-2019 01:59 PM

Thank you! Can't wait to get my hands on one"thumbsup"

Shape_Shifter 09-23-2019 02:15 PM

I think it is the best all around micro at the moment.

MAGNUMB 09-25-2019 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shape_Shifter (Post 5964515)
I think it is the best all around micro at the moment.

Just from the looks of it i'd have to agree. 180 Motor, trans looks to have wide gears, nicely detailed body, c-channel chassis and big shocks. Price does seem high, but for what you get it looks to be well worth it.

Just ordered a Yellow one:mrgreen:

Are driveshafts CVD!? The links and axles also look sturdy!

Shape_Shifter 09-25-2019 08:59 AM

I just got word that replacement parts are "on the water" right now and will be available at various U.S. vendors by mid-October.

spoo76 09-25-2019 09:06 AM

I finally ordered one to add to the collection the other day. The only thing I don't like from what I can see is you can't gear it down with just swapping gears. Luckily I have some hand wound 180 motors that are slower than the stock 50t, but that's definitely not the case for most people with 180s that are able to be rewound are non existent these days.

MAGNUMB 09-26-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoo76 (Post 5965026)
I finally ordered one to add to the collection the other day. The only thing I don't like from what I can see is you can't gear it down with just swapping gears. Luckily I have some hand wound 180 motors that are slower than the stock 50t, but that's definitely not the case for most people with 180s that are able to be rewound are non existent these days.

So for people don't have the option for rewound 180s what do you think is the best option?

I've ran across 180 motors on ebay listed as high torque and some with gear reduction units attached. But can't tell if they are more than 51t or not.

spoo76 09-26-2019 11:20 AM

Well the gear reduction part doesn't bolt up in place of the stock motor, so you'd need to fabricate something going that route. Also most of those motors have really weak magnets from what I've found. I have some PN racing 130 motors that are 70t and 90t as well as some 110t ill probably try out. Those PN motors are much nicer than the sealed can china motors with weak magnets and should bolt right in place of the 180