RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Micro Scale Rigs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/micro-scale-rigs/)
-   -   Panda Hobby Tera X1 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/micro-scale-rigs/609059-panda-hobby-tera-x1.html)

BugleBoy10 11-07-2019 11:35 PM

Re: Panda Hobby Tera X1

How ironic that I should go back on Amain and Amazon since it has been a few days. Looks like the rear axle is on Amain and the lower links are on Amazon. I was able to bend the original axle back and glued the link, but figured that was a temporary fix at best.

Shape_Shifter 11-09-2019 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BugleBoy10 (Post 5975855)
Would you be willing to share the design and/or sell some of those trays? I would love to move the battery to the front.

And I am also watching Amain and Amazon closely, hoping they start stocking a full range of parts and hop ups. I'm still waiting for a motor and set of shocks (really just need the spring cup, but can't find anything like it) to arrive from China for one of our Tetras, and my son took a tumble and broke a lower link and bent an axle... all parts not yet in stock stateside.

Send me a PM and we'll see what we can work out.

BugleBoy10 11-20-2019 01:03 AM

Got the battery trays from Shape_Shifter and they were easy to install. Can't wait to hit the trails again!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...a3aa986d_b.jpgBattery Tray 2 by Brian Blanchard, on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...02818d58_b.jpgBattery Tray 1 by Brian Blanchard, on Flickr

Shape_Shifter 11-20-2019 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BugleBoy10 (Post 5978212)
Got the battery trays from Shape_Shifter and they were easy to install. Can't wait to hit the trails again!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...a3aa986d_b.jpgBattery Tray 2 by Brian Blanchard, on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...02818d58_b.jpgBattery Tray 1 by Brian Blanchard, on Flickr

Glad you could use them!

Where did you get your little velcro strap? It's the perfect size.

BugleBoy10 11-20-2019 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shape_Shifter (Post 5978240)
Glad you could use them!

Where did you get your little velcro strap? It's the perfect size.

That’s the stock one off the rear tray. It’s a tight squeeze with the thicker battery and thicker tray, but enough to hold the battery in place.

If I were looking for a different size strap, however, I’d start in the cable section of my local guitar shop.

Shape_Shifter 11-21-2019 01:19 PM

New Tetra K1 Power Wagon body announced

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/micro...ml#post5978565

spoo76 11-21-2019 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shape_Shifter (Post 5978566)
New Tetra K1 Power Wagon body announced

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/micro...ml#post5978565

Hard to see in the pictures but it looks pretty good. Looks like the price was dropped to $109 as well

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Shape_Shifter 11-21-2019 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoo76 (Post 5978569)
Hard to see in the pictures but it looks pretty good. Looks like the price was dropped to $109 as well

Plastic shocks are a part of that price reduction. They want $45 for the aluminum ones like come on the X1.

spoo76 11-21-2019 02:10 PM

Yikes!! That's a bummer, they do work well even though they are huge and don't look scale, but IDK about that price. Hopefully the new plastic shocks won't be more prone to leaking.

MAGNUMB 11-22-2019 10:34 AM

I have to say the more I drive this rig the more I like it. Especially with the Cr-18 tires and 70 turn motor and this body should bring the center of mass down and looks great to boot. I'll be picking one of these up for sure.

I will miss those shocks though, but hopefully they kept the same design.

Cybergeorge 12-19-2019 01:18 PM

Hi all,

I've been following this thread as I'm interested in a small scale crawler. I've looked at the RC4WD, the SCX24 and now the Tetra. I'm leaning toward the Tetra, but wanted to know if anyone has had any luck reducing the speed with a different motor (since changing the pinion or trans gearing doesn't seem to be an option). If so, can you point me to a motor? I have a few mini-z's, but not sure if these motors will fit or if they will achieve a slower speed.

Thank you!

Shape_Shifter 12-20-2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybergeorge (Post 5984746)
Hi all,

I've been following this thread as I'm interested in a small scale crawler. I've looked at the RC4WD, the SCX24 and now the Tetra. I'm leaning toward the Tetra, but wanted to know if anyone has had any luck reducing the speed with a different motor (since changing the pinion or trans gearing doesn't seem to be an option). If so, can you point me to a motor? I have a few mini-z's, but not sure if these motors will fit or if they will achieve a slower speed.

Thank you!

Everything is an option with some basic modelling skills. Simply slotting the motor holes can make a smaller pinion work.

EidstaCrawler 06-16-2020 03:08 PM

What kind of tires and wheels did you put on. Im looking for something bigger to match the larger body. The original tires look puny on it. Thx

spoo76 06-16-2020 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shape_Shifter (Post 5985009)
Everything is an option with some basic modelling skills. Simply slotting the motor holes can make a smaller pinion work.

The Tetra motor is all the way against the transmission case with a long shaft to bring the pinion to the other side. No room to move the motor closer, and you can't use a bigger spur AND a smaller pinion to get the same spacing like other crawlers because the spur gear cover is also part of the bearing support.
IMO, like most ring and pinion crawlers the transmission needs lots more gear reduction.

EidstaCrawler 06-22-2020 12:54 PM

Hey guys, i'm looking for advice to help with more torque. Has anyone found any plug and play solutions for this. A higher torque motor, pinion, etc.

I love the way this thing looks and rides on trails. It just doesn't crawl like my scx24, aside from being too top heavy, it's jumpy on throttle.

any part numbers or sites would really be helpful. im new to this hobby and not there yet to fabricate parts. looking for off the shelf bolt/replace.

Thx for your help in advance.

SF RC24 06-24-2020 07:58 AM

It will almost never crawl like the SCX24. The worm gears in the SCX24 allow for better gearing and drag brake. Unless you could get a fully programmable ESC, which I am not sure they make for this scale, you will never get the same drag brake the worm gears give. Even if you could get as much drag brake thru the ESC, you would likely bur un these small motors. The worm gears do it with no demand on the motor. The Panda is however, a great little rig and has many pros over the SCX24. Oil filled shocks, greater wheel speed, stronger servo, better scale. Just enjoy it for what it is.

SirCrawlsAlot 08-14-2020 01:54 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the RC world and very happy to have discovered this hobby during these times.

I have a Kyosho Mini-Z 4x4, an Axial SCX24 and the Panda Tetra K1. They each have their strengths and weaknesses...

The Panda seems to have a lot of potential but I find it quite frustrating that the modulation is as poor as it is. Based on research, this was an improved version over their first attempt which had even worse modulation.

Has anyone successfully resolved or at the very least significantly improved the modulation on the Panda? I don't expect it to be as smooth as the Kyosho, but come on, it's a bit silly to call this a crawler in it's out of the box state.

Don't get me wrong, I do love it for what it is, but I would love to improve the user experience and crawling ability. In my opinion, it's biggest weakness is the lack of modulation ability.

Again, any solutions would be very much appreciated.

Vitamin_J 01-02-2021 01:24 PM

Any upgrades exist for the Panda trucks Tetra X1? I was driving it a lot stock and it was ok, really low torque but it seemed to do ok. Then I installed stickier RC4WD tires and immediately stripped out the pinion gear. Seems like this truck must remain stock and once you introduce even a slightly higher amount of load it strips out. Also worried about the axles breaking or transmission or something else if I do find metal gear upgrades.

Is this truck a dead-end? My local hobby shop specifically recommended it because of all the "upgrade options" but that seems to be untrue.

Shape_Shifter 01-04-2021 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitamin_J (Post 6060856)
Any upgrades exist for the Panda trucks Tetra X1? I was driving it a lot stock and it was ok, really low torque but it seemed to do ok. Then I installed stickier RC4WD tires and immediately stripped out the pinion gear. Seems like this truck must remain stock and once you introduce even a slightly higher amount of load it strips out. Also worried about the axles breaking or transmission or something else if I do find metal gear upgrades.

Is this truck a dead-end? My local hobby shop specifically recommended it because of all the "upgrade options" but that seems to be untrue.

Not a dead-end for me, but mine is not stock.

What hobby shop sold it to you? Colpars?

spoo76 01-04-2021 09:30 AM

Amain carries some stock parts as well as Amazon, they May have the upgrades but I usually only see them on the panda hobby website which ships some parts from over seas