RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Micro Scale Rigs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/micro-scale-rigs/)
-   -   Non worm gear axles for a go fast rig (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/micro-scale-rigs/609310-non-worm-gear-axles-go-fast-rig.html)

twomicros 06-07-2019 12:18 PM

Non worm gear axles for a go fast rig

do you guys know which micros don't have worm gears in their axles? I know the sumo didn't and I don't think the HBX did but I'm wondering what's out now. I want to put a brushless motor in to make something that goes fast but the rc4wd axles always seem back ordered and I don't know which other axles would be good to go with.

any suggestions?

Natedog 06-07-2019 01:03 PM

Re: Non worm gear axles for a go fast rig

1/24 ECX Barrage.

mathcanbefun 06-07-2019 03:37 PM

The scx24 would make a great prerunner truck. I took some slo-mo of mine going through a rock garden and it was dancing across them! Good idea man

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

spoo76 06-08-2019 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mathcanbefun (Post 5941226)
The scx24 would make a great prerunner truck. I took some slo-mo of mine going through a rock garden and it was dancing across them! Good idea man

The SCX24 is worm gear. He's looking for ring and pinion axles. In which case Barrage/RGT/FTX, CR-24 which are identical in terms of gearing and link mounts

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Brake Weight 06-08-2019 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoo76 (Post 5941500)
The SCX24 is worm gear. He's looking for ring and pinion axles. In which case Barrage/RGT/FTX, CR-24 which are identical in terms of gearing and link mounts

I was thinking the way the Barrage is setup it would be an ideal ‘Go Fast’ drivetrain.

twomicros 06-10-2019 10:56 AM

barrage sounds like a good place to start then. thanks!

spoo76 06-10-2019 12:06 PM

CR-24 is basically the same axle internally with a more traditional looking axle housing if you're looking for that style.

mathcanbefun 06-10-2019 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoo76 (Post 5941500)

Oh sorry yeah I know. I just meant the way the body moves. It has a good setup for it with the tires and shocks. Plus it's big for a 24th scale!

mathcanbefun 06-29-2019 01:57 AM

I found an old post by Chevy55 that uses sumo axles and a losi micro transmission for a formula offroader

spoo76 06-29-2019 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mathcanbefun (Post 5946365)
I found an old post by Chevy55 that uses sumo axles and a losi micro transmission for a formula offroader

Yes the Losi transmission has much less gear reduction because it's all done in the axles, however the internal transmission gearing of the Barrage transmission is the same as the Losi. The only difference is the Barrage has a much larger 64t spur because they used an extra idler gear to move the input shaft away from the output.
Honestly the stock Barrage transmission will be geared fine for speed with the right brushless motor. Make sure to use metal drive shafts and correct the pinion and drive shaft angles

Brake Weight 06-29-2019 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoo76 (Post 5946409)
Yes the Losi transmission has much less gear reduction because it's all done in the axles, however the internal transmission gearing of the Barrage transmission is the same as the Losi. The only difference is the Barrage has a much larger 64t spur because they used an extra idler gear to move the input shaft away from the output.
Honestly the stock Barrage transmission will be geared fine for speed with the right brushless motor. Make sure to use metal drive shafts and correct the pinion and drive shaft angles

Yep. [emoji106]