Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs
Loading

Notices

Thread: Bigworm’s SCX24 Build

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2019, 09:42 AM   #61
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 415
Default Re: Bigworm’s SCX24 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by GChambers View Post
Got it figured out last night. I'm not real bright sometimes. The nuts fit fine in the spacers. They didn't fit fine through my RC4WD black steel wheels. I drilled out the wheels a bit and all is well.

I continue to be amazed at the capabilities of this little rig. It's incredible.
Oh yea I had to do that too! Glad you got it worked out.
BIGW0RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2019, 03:40 AM   #62
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: North Highlands
Posts: 240
Default Re: Bigworm’s SCX24 Build

I've been trying to figure out what these spacers are you speak of. You mind sharing?
punkindrublik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 10:40 AM   #63
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 415
Default Re: Bigworm’s SCX24 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindrublik View Post
I've been trying to figure out what these spacers are you speak of. You mind sharing?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mil-Stone-4...QAAOSwRLZUEeMk

Or get the HBX devastator 2098B wheels for the same offset without spacers. Then wrap solder around the inside of the deep dish wheel for your own weight.

I went the HBX route on mine. But have those wheel spacers on my RC4WD micro.
BIGW0RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 11:03 AM   #64
I wanna be Dave
 
spoo76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South FL
Posts: 2,874
Default Re: Bigworm’s SCX24 Build

If you're using these for an SCX24 there's an updated kit that has spacers.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F254315082945


Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 05:11 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: North Highlands
Posts: 240
Default Re: Bigworm’s SCX24 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mil-Stone-4...QAAOSwRLZUEeMk

Or get the HBX devastator 2098B wheels for the same offset without spacers. Then wrap solder around the inside of the deep dish wheel for your own weight.

I went the HBX route on mine. But have those wheel spacers on my RC4WD micro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
If you're using these for an SCX24 there's an updated kit that has spacers.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F254315082945


Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Ah, thanks guys. I actually ordered a set of the HBX wheels, so I guess that should solve my problem.
punkindrublik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 06:20 PM   #66
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 415
Default Re: Bigworm’s SCX24 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
If you're using these for an SCX24 there's an updated kit that has spacers.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F254315082945


Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Interesting! Thank you for sharing. Any clue what the small washer looking things do? Is that to go behind the axle pin?

Thanks for sharing this!
BIGW0RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 06:22 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave
 
spoo76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South FL
Posts: 2,874
Default Re: Bigworm’s SCX24 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
Interesting! Thank you for sharing. Any clue what the small washer looking things do? Is that to go behind the axle pin?



Thanks for sharing this!
Keeps the bearing in place instead of using o-rings

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 06:26 PM   #68
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: San Diego
Posts: 221
Default Re: Bigworm’s SCX24 Build

There is also a 3d printable version of these on thingiverse. I think some version of these is a must on the scx24

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
mathcanbefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 06:54 PM   #69
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: North Highlands
Posts: 240
Default Re: Bigworm’s SCX24 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathcanbefun View Post
There is also a 3d printable version of these on thingiverse. I think some version of these is a must on the scx24

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Would you have a link? I can't find anything with an SCX24 search on thingiverse. I'd love to print a set while I'm waiting for my wheels.
punkindrublik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 06:56 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave
 
spoo76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South FL
Posts: 2,874
Default Re: Bigworm’s SCX24 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathcanbefun View Post
There is also a 3d printable version of these on thingiverse. I think some version of these is a must on the scx24

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
The 3d printed part is just a spacer/retainers for when using these weights, but now they come with brass spacers included.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 07:20 PM   #71
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: North Highlands
Posts: 240
Default Re: Bigworm’s SCX24 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
The 3d printed part is just a spacer/retainers for when using these weights, but now they come with brass spacers included.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Ah, I found that. Ah well. I can probably make some up pretty easily. Maybe I'll give it a try later tonight.
punkindrublik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:12 PM   #72
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: San Diego
Posts: 221
Default Re: Bigworm’s SCX24 Build

Oops sorry. I thoughts that what was being mentioned. What were you guys talking about?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
mathcanbefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:23 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: North Highlands
Posts: 240
Default Re: Bigworm’s SCX24 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathcanbefun View Post
Oops sorry. I thoughts that what was being mentioned. What were you guys talking about?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
These -
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Axial-SCX24...s/254315082945

Not sure what I was thinking trying to CAD some up. Can't do anything without the nuts...
punkindrublik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:31 PM   #74
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: San Diego
Posts: 221
Default Re: Bigworm’s SCX24 Build

Oh I thought you meant just the spacers it comes with now. There are some hex nuts on thingiverse too. Not sure if they add any width or are just a replacement.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
mathcanbefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 12:14 PM   #75
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 415
Default Re: Bigworm’s SCX24 Build

Mines starting to make noise in the front axle. I assume my worm gear is moving around too much. I can see my drive axle shift forward and backward on the throttle.

Has anyone come up for a fix for those floating o rings on the worm gear? Anyone do a spacer instead yet?
BIGW0RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 02:00 PM   #76
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: North Highlands
Posts: 240
Default Re: Bigworm’s SCX24 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindrublik View Post
Ah, thanks guys. I actually ordered a set of the HBX wheels, so I guess that should solve my problem.
So I assumed these little guys came with beadlocks, nope.

Any idea where I can find them and the screws needed?

EDIT: Found em.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HBX-part-24...R/162681348060

Sigh, another two weeks...

Last edited by punkindrublik; 08-19-2019 at 02:15 PM.
punkindrublik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Bigworm’s SCX24 Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scx24 truggy build... lilws6 Micro Scale Rigs 21 08-13-2019 12:28 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com